Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Given his history, I hope he wasn't left alone with her body. Where I'm from its quite normal for the deceased remains to be cared for at home until burial etc, but usually there are lots of people floating around.
He was left alone with her. For five days. He said they were the best five days of his life.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 60

RedMagnolia

VIP Member
That poor woman describing the abuse:( made me feel quite ill.
As a survivor of csa I found it quite unnerving and my husband kept telling me to turn it off. However the key word for me, and many others, is SURVIVOR. I made it through and so did they and fuck the abusers. This is why I really hope hell exists. My uncle and Savile, in torment for ever.

• Heart
Reactions: 60

BunnyLebowski

VIP Member
Well done. Please can we discuss how the previously adored Louis Theroux was a complete cock about the documentary. Of course he fucking knew and used it to make good telly / further his career. Twat.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 58

FunkyMonkey

Chatty Member
I remember a teacher giving a few of us a bollocking at primary school for saying he was creepy citing all the charity work he did and telling us he was a very nice man 🤮

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 57

Joris Bobson

VIP Member
we had a teacher when i first started secondary school who was quite young and proper tried to be down with the kid letting us get away with stuff no other teacher would ..he seemed so cool compared to rhe other old teachers but he mysteriously left after our 1st year ..(with the benefit of hindsight now i definitely think some of his behaviour woild be classed as grooming.)
a good few years later there was a crime watch reconstruction for the disappearance of Dinah Nichols (who was murdered by peter Tobin) and who dropped her to the concert in his car but our old teacher! she was a pupil in his 6th form so still a line that shouldn't be crossed as far as im concerned.
i did hear recently he had been asked to leave as he was having a relationship with a 4th year ..i think in the 70s /80s it was the thing to just moved people or or turn a blind eye ti behaviour now that would be ringing alarm bells
Late 80s/early 90s I was groomed. I only realised this many many years later, like the past year, I was made to feel special and loved and grown up and I never saw anything wrong with it. I was taken advantage of by another colleague of his, just once, and I didn’t know how to speak up and say no to this guy, the other one I loved and believed he loved me. Lots of his other colleagues knew and every single one turned a blind eye. It just seemed to be the done thing to turn a blind eye. My parents found out and it was my fault, I was a slag or slut. Even to this day mum might throw a sly comment my way about it. No point in reporting it, the main guy is dead and still now I hold him in no hatred, god knows what happened to the other or the rest of them and I can’t drag my own family through it.

I was 15 he was 42

things were different back then and it’s actually really bad that it was and people had that view of sweep it under the carpet or ignore it

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 57

_100

Another celeb and can’t stand, and does a lot for charity work but he creeps me out... David Walliams. There is something about that man that doesn’t sit right with me.

Reactions: 56

RedMagnolia

VIP Member
From a truly disgusting man. Wasn't it Simon Cowell who paid Jonathan Kings bail when he was arrested and convicted of CA?

@RedMagnolia From your Nursey knowledge how likely is it to die with your fingers intentionally crossed?
Most unlikely. I have witnessed many deaths, and as I have said, most people die very peacefully, and I believe the fingers crossed is absolute nonsense. Unless someone arranged for his fingers to be crossed. That would be difficult although not impossible.

Can I just add, that being present when someone dies, for me and my colleagues, has always been something very important. We always open the window to let the soul fly free. We always talk to the person when we are preparing them for their journey to the morgue. We always wish them well, as they leave our department, and as the undertakers take over, that respect is continued.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
I watched the Netflix documentary, and it took me back to my Northern childhood.

I think what we forget now, and younger people don't understand, is that JS didn't seem as shockingly dodgy in the 60s and 70s as he does when we see footage of him today because so many men in their fifties and sixties were quite frightening back then. People were harder, more spiky, more dismissive, more harsh (if you want a cultural example, the mum and brother in Ken Loach's Kes will give you a pretty good idea of what quite a lot of Northern working class folk were like back then). I spent my youth, for example, being terrified of men in donkey jackets because of my experiences of 70s strikers, and I still have a shudder when I see a donkey jacket now.

So JS's manner and demeanour weren't particularly unusual back then. A lot of blokes were like that. It's was only his dress that was a bit strange, but that was put down to eccentricity.

It wasn't until the really inappropriate shorts, string vest and shellsuit top combo around children on JFI in the 80s that the creepyness became very apparent (and it seems only kids really seemed to see it). And the fact that while the most of working-class Britain softened and shed those old harsh habits and attitudes, he didn't.

So by the time you got to the Louis Theroux interview, JS just seems like a psycho. It's so obvious there's something very wrong. But thirty years prior, it wasn't so clearcut.

Yes, he frightened me when I saw him on the TV, but then so did loads of other middle-aged blokes in the 70s: neighbours, other people's dads, my grandfather, the meat-van man (he used to threaten to chop our fingers off with his cleaver). And when you've a culture where it's not unusual for an adult to yell "I'll clip your ear when I catch you, you bloody tyke" or "you say that again and I'll bray you" , JS doesn't seem quite so alarming.

• Heart
Reactions: 53

JakeM

VIP Member
What was the creepy weirdness with his mother, someone alluded to it on secret goss, I know he kept her clothes and called her the duchess from the LT doc, anything else?
I could be wrong but I think his mom died and Jimmy stayed with the body in her house for about 4 days. You can probably guess the rest. 🤢

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 52

carefulnow

I will never forget Phillip Schofield sat on the sofa in 2012 defending Saville and playing dumb after the initial documentary that got the ball rolling had just aired on the very channel he gets paid ridiculous amounts to present on.
I hope the truth about Schofield comes out in his lifetime

• Heart
Reactions: 49

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
I always wanted to go on Jim’ll Fix It as a young child, but then when I was about ten he suddenly started giving me the creeps. He was always very handsy with pre teen girls on the show, and it made me uncomfortable.

There is a good book about him called ‘In Plain Sight’ if anyone is interested. I firmly believe everyone knew what he was. Years ago when I posted on DS people knew. We used to call him Mr Fix It on the blind gossip thread. Also when he did Celeb Big Brother someone claimed they heard George Galloway say about Savile ‘there’s stuff about him that won’t come out until he’s dead’ on the live feed late one night.

• Wow
Reactions: 49

JakeM

VIP Member
I can’t look at JS. He has the most terrifying eyes. I honestly get anxiety just looking at photos of him. He was absolutely repulsive.

• Heart
Reactions: 46

NineTails20

Chatty Member
Johnny Rotten knew about Savile, back in 1978. This part of an interview with him was never broadcast, and he ended up being blacklisted by the BBC because of it. Apologies if that perv freaks any of you out.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 46

SloaneRanger

Chatty Member
He is absolutely repulsive, can’t even look at pictures of him. It’s just incredible he got away with what he did for so long and so many folk knew and said nothing 😔

Reactions: 45

liar liar

VIP Member
Personally I feel Savile should be left dead and not revisited in any way. That's what he would hate most.

Reactions: 44

Georgia1970

I’ve read that he didn’t actually do all those marathons that in fact he used to start and finish but went AWOL midway through
The arrogance of this man regarding everything is incredible like he knew he was untouchable. I truly wish the truth about him had come out before his death
It did - it was just hushed up!

Really? I read that book and thought Jacko Vance and his wife were modelled around a well known husband and wife presenting duo. Obviously they aren’t linked to crime IRL, but the character’s behaviour and mannerisms seemed so familiar.

I agree. I went on an week long ‘activity holiday’ when I was just 12. One of the male staff would come up to the dorms and kiss us good night. We were 9-12yrs old. We thought he was amazing. But looking back now, I’m horrified. He gave us his address so we could write to him.

The man who was the in charge at the centre was an absolute bastard. I told him to fuck off (I don’t know why). He grabbed my riding crop and chased me around the grounds. He finally caught up with me on the lawn. There were lots of other staff and kids around. He pushed me over, bend me double so I couldn’t move and thrashed my back with the crop. Everyone went silent watching it. Afterwards I limped away trying not to cry in pain and embarrassment and one staff member asked if I was ok. I said I was fine. They just all looked so uncomfortable. I told my mum and she said she though she should make a complaint. I begged her not to. Said I deserved it for swearing. I genuinely thought I’d be the one in trouble if it got reported.

Can you imagine if it happened now??
I remember going on work experience at a very large car manufacturer in the West Midlands during my last year at school in 1985. I was 15, tiny but with huge boobs and I lost count of the amount of 'old' men there who's hands 'accidently' slipped down the front of my blouse (80s style satin cross-overs as normal blouses didn't fit over them!), or their hands would go up my skirt. I just sat there mortified but didn't say anything because who would you tell and what would I say about adults doing this? One man said he'd take me to look around the 'hangers' where they stored the cars and when we were alone pushed me against the wall and tried to kiss me whilst grabbing my boobs. I was terrified to go each day but couldn't say anything to my parents as I thought they'd shout at me - looking back my dad would of gone and punched their lights out for touching his daughter, it's amazing how times have changed but back then it was classed as 'normal' behaviour.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 44

Who cares?

I grew up watching Savile. The first rumours I heard was in the early 00's. My colleague recalled how 30ish years earlier on a regular trip to relatives the local kids warned her that Savile kept a caravan in the grounds of the local place Savile was famous for visiting, Broadmore maybe, I forget. She was warned to never go near. Technically I knew, but I like many it was such a small piece of information who really could have known? A few years later the internet was in full swing and I started reading.

We will never know the full extent, depravity and accomplices of his crimes. His famous dress sense was for easy access, the new fashion for elasticated track suit trousers meant he could whip it out and put it away quickly. He abused as he dressed, ready for any opportunity 24/7 till the day he died and his life was based around creating opportunities. Savile's confidence took lifelong advantage of the culture of suffering in silence, victim blaming, blind respect for authority, charity trumping all and told tales about himself.

He surrounded himself with power, ether people that gave Savile power, Mayor, Head of Police, or people whose power he looked up too, Prince Charles, Thatcher. Those that Savile looked up too show how effective Savile was at cultivating his image. Savile told us all about the letters he wrote to Charles and Di, obviously Savile is our only source. Savile tells us he was in with Charles, and the Royal family. Do you honestly believe him? Savile tells us he spent Christmas(?) at Checkers with the Thatchers, Carol Thatcher does not have happy memories and unlike the Royals can talk about it. There is a similar story about having a 'Green beret', much like the cycling one.

The oldest story I read was a boyfriend of a student nurse. Savile had very early on acquired keys to hospitals. This set of keys also let him into the student nurses accommodation. I don't recall the year, but it was early on, maybe early 60's? Males were not allowed in the nurses accommodation, defiantly not at night. The nurses would come home late at night to find Savile waiting for them, hiding. Finally one boyfriend and his mates decided to have a word and made a late night visit themselves and caught Savile. The only story where Savile got a beating. Not the image Savile pushed. Savile tells the tale of running a 'Hop' dance and taking troublesome customers to the basement to give them a beating. The stories are endless and varied. His family knew what he was like, but he was the rich relative and the kids were told to put up with it. Savile had his finger in many pedalo rings, celeb, political, local and national, family. Mathew Wright getting a phone call to kill the story because how else would Stoke Manderville get funded? Some of it gets really dark. The childrens homes, holidays on yachts. The eye squirting story on here. There are no specific stories I have read out there that imply Savile murdered anyone. There are stories that imply children have died in and around Savile, the Haut de la garenne. I really wouldn't be surprised if Savile was a serial murderer, it just depends how many pedalo rings he committed murder with really.

Savile had a type, vulnerable. Old, young, male, female, conscious or not and anywhere in between. He found his victims though hospital wards, departments and grounds, children's homes, cult of personality, if he was breathing he was ether abusing or planning abuse. Sometimes he muffled their screams on a yacht, other times openly groped them on Top of the pops. The last person who spoke about Savile attempting to abuse them was his paperboy who refused £50 to enter his flat.

And whose fault is it? It's is not one persons, other than Savile for doing it, fault, it is not one organisations fault. Society let him on every level. Remember a man could legally rape his wife until the early 90's. He got off on hiding in plain sight. I know people focus on the BBC, but he would have got away with it where ever he worked.

I always knew something was off with my English teacher. Never could put my finger on it. Modern technology meant they caught him grooming a student a few years ago. He'd been grooming the same way for over 30 years I now realise with hindsight, and the Deputy Head had caught him then. People do not like to cause trouble. Anything for an easy life, however much others suffer. It's much better than it was, but still not good enough. I cringe when I watch the Carry on films now. I feel sad when I see Bab's and Sid, he harassed her until she gave up. Nobody told the dirty old man to leave the young lady alone.

And Cliff, hung out on the meat rack as a boy on Piccadilly circus. That's where young boys would pimp themselves out. Attempted an aggressive pass at another 60's pop star in a club. Got thumped. Gay and into young boys. Known as Kitty. Involved with the Kray Brothers and Lord Boothby. Defiantly dodgy, but anyone was more discrete than Savile so just not that many stories about.

Rolf. I bought one of his prints as a present, so we got an invite to his next gallery opening. I met him. What do we now do with a Rolf print?

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 43

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
What was the creepy weirdness with his mother, someone alluded to it on secret goss, I know he kept her clothes and called her the duchess from the LT doc, anything else?
Jimmy was very close to his mum an called her The Duchess. After she died he kept her body laid out on the bed in his flat in Scarborough until her funeral. He never denied it and said he ‘finally had her all to himself’. He kept all her clothes in the wardrobe and had them dry cleaned once a year, he told Louis this.

The implication is obvious I’m sure you’ll agree 🤢

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 42

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
I remember watching 'Jim'll Fix it' as a child and hating Saville them. Couldn't stand his creepy face, ghastly tracksuits and his horrible yodelly voice. I remember my mum suggesting that I should write in to the show and I told her that I didn't want to meet him!

Unfortunately I can't claim any great insight here as I used to love Rolf Harris because he was a brilliant artist. He used to paint in a really amazing way and it was his influence that got me into art as a child. I was absolutely gutted when I found out what he'd been up to years later.

Anyway like everyone else I was appalled when all the revelations about Saville came out but I do get a bit annoyed with people accusing everyone else of a cover up like it was their fault. Saville was a very forceful and evil person. He cultivated friends in high places right up to royalty. He hid behind his charitable ventures and if anyone challenged him he would go for the throat.

I remember watching the Louis Theroux documentary and thought that Louis went about as far as he could get away with probing Saville. I'm sure he must have suspected what an awful personality he was dealing with but how could Louis Theroux actually prove anything when Saville's victims were too scared to speak out?

The criminal predator was Saville, blaming others for not outing him is underestimating the evil person that he was.

• Heart
Reactions: 41