Jimmy Savile

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The whole Broadmoor connection has been bugging me. Found the gov report it doesn't mention any friendships with 'patients' from what I have read so far aside from the ones he abused. But we do know he was good mates with Sutcliffe from other sources. I was hoping we might hear a little more, what with the Kray coincidink. Ronnie Kray (big old time scary pedalo gangster) and JS both arrived at Broadmoor within months of each other '68/'69. Anyway just popping it here for record.

Reactions: 6
There's also the hospital in Wales (Cardiff Infirmary) that big bro Vince Savile volunteered at and ran the radio. Article says Vince also worked as a Royal Navy recruiting officer in Cardiff. Vince was a fair bit older than Jimmy who was the seventh and that family pic of all brothers and sisters has the lads all in cadet uniform. There's a lot of naval/yachtie links to all this murk inc PM Heath, Prince Charlie, Lord Monty too.
Both Savile's brothers were in the navy at one time, I believe. Could one of them have been the link between him and Lord Mountbatten, which connection seems to have been his passport to involvement with the Royals.

Reactions: 5
Both Savile's brothers were in the navy at one time, I believe. Could one of them have been the link between him and Lord Mountbatten, which connection seems to have been his passport to involvement with the Royals.
I found myself with both wiki pages open of Monty and Jimmy the other day trying to find some date correlations. I bloomin' dreamt of Jimmy last night so should probably go hang out on another thread for a bit tbh! When is this Coogan/Savile show coming out?

Reactions: 2
I’ve read that he didn’t actually do all those marathons that in fact he used to start and finish but went AWOL midway through
The arrogance of this man regarding everything is incredible like he knew he was untouchable. I truly wish the truth about him had come out before his death
I read this comment last night before I went to bed. It made me laugh because I've got a friend (who I've not seen for a few years, sadly) who told me a good 10-15 years ago (when Savile was still alive!) that he would only run out at the beginning and end (how many metres he actually ran for, I don't know) so he could get all the cheers and the photo opportunity of running to the finishing line.

Maybe Jimmy just liked the theatre of the attention and wasn't as fit as he made out to be? She worked for Glasgow City Council and had a hand in organising the event at the time (the actual event was a long time ago). Not sure if it was the Glasgow Marathon, but I think it was. Surely, as with other odd behaviours of his, people would have had to have been aware and facilitated it?

I also read somewhere that Savile was known for picking up rent boys too and there was a sleazy quote mentioned (something about "up the bum is more fun") - but I think that was on somewhere like the Icke Forums, where there's a lot of misinformation.

Edit: It may have been discussed already (sorry, haven't read the full thread) but the anonymous letter from someone in Leeds police force is quoted here: https://www.thejournal.ie/the-1998-letter-that-warned-police-about-jimmy-savile-828715-Mar2013/ and it tells me the naff comment was actually, ‘Now I’ve had a run, I feel like some bum’ :sick:

The additional comment in the letter 'When Jimmy Savile fails, and sooner or later he will, a lot of well-known personalities and past politicians are going to fall with him'. ..wonder who this is referring to? (I see this quote has the word falls, rather than fails in other articles, may be a typo on The Journal's part).

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Would be interesting to know who sent that tip-off to the police back in '98

Louis Theroux's memoir Gotta Get Theroux This has quite a few chapters on Savile and he also covers the "going for a run, have a bum" phrase. On one of their off-camera conversations JS would talk about "rent boys" and how some were so desperate that you only had to "give them a bun" for sexual favours.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
I’ve read that he didn’t actually do all those marathons that in fact he used to start and finish but went AWOL midway through
The arrogance of this man regarding everything is incredible like he knew he was untouchable. I truly wish the truth about him had come out before his death
It did - it was just hushed up!

Really? I read that book and thought Jacko Vance and his wife were modelled around a well known husband and wife presenting duo. Obviously they aren’t linked to crime IRL, but the character’s behaviour and mannerisms seemed so familiar.

I agree. I went on an week long ‘activity holiday’ when I was just 12. One of the male staff would come up to the dorms and kiss us good night. We were 9-12yrs old. We thought he was amazing. But looking back now, I’m horrified. He gave us his address so we could write to him.

The man who was the in charge at the centre was an absolute bastard. I told him to duck off (I don’t know why). He grabbed my riding crop and chased me around the grounds. He finally caught up with me on the lawn. There were lots of other staff and kids around. He pushed me over, bend me double so I couldn’t move and thrashed my back with the crop. Everyone went silent watching it. Afterwards I limped away trying not to cry in pain and embarrassment and one staff member asked if I was ok. I said I was fine. They just all looked so uncomfortable. I told my mum and she said she though she should make a complaint. I begged her not to. Said I deserved it for swearing. I genuinely thought I’d be the one in trouble if it got reported.

Can you imagine if it happened now??
I remember going on work experience at a very large car manufacturer in the West Midlands during my last year at school in 1985. I was 15, tiny but with huge boobs and I lost count of the amount of 'old' men there who's hands 'accidently' slipped down the front of my blouse (80s style satin cross-overs as normal blouses didn't fit over them!), or their hands would go up my skirt. I just sat there mortified but didn't say anything because who would you tell and what would I say about adults doing this? One man said he'd take me to look around the 'hangers' where they stored the cars and when we were alone pushed me against the wall and tried to kiss me whilst grabbing my boobs. I was terrified to go each day but couldn't say anything to my parents as I thought they'd shout at me - looking back my dad would of gone and punched their lights out for touching his daughter, it's amazing how times have changed but back then it was classed as 'normal' behaviour.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 44
I absolutely believe that JS was part of a long running pedalo / pervert network, involving other celebs, police, Catholic clergy. Probably not the Royals, probably not Thatcher. Enablers such as BBC staff. Possibly yes the Yorkshire Ripper - they were very close when YR was in Broadmoor and one of YR's victims was found right next to JS's back garden in Leeds. I believe JS was the fixer for the network, helping to procure kids. I think this network was powerful enough to keep his / their crimes hidden, then when he died, they allowed him to take the fall as the supposed 'lone operator' who magically fooled everyone (he didn't; there were more involved).

When you consider that 'stranger pedalos' ie those whose victims are not relatives, tend statistically to work in loosely affiliated networks as it makes cover ups and procurement easier (think PIE, or the grooming gangs).

Operation Yewtree could've cracked some of this but the powers that be managed to discredit it by using 'Nick' as a mentally ill guy - which he probably was, sadly - thus discrediting the whole thing. But it got very close to being cracked open.

Absolutely Line of Duty was making strong references to this in its final season - very brave!

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I absolutely believe that JS was part of a long running pedalo / pervert network, involving other celebs, police, Catholic clergy. Probably not the Royals, probably not Thatcher. Enablers such as BBC staff. Possibly yes the Yorkshire Ripper - they were very close when YR was in Broadmoor and one of YR's victims was found right next to JS's back garden in Leeds. I believe JS was the fixer for the network, helping to procure kids. I think this network was powerful enough to keep his / their crimes hidden, then when he died, they allowed him to take the fall as the supposed 'lone operator' who magically fooled everyone (he didn't; there were more involved).

When you consider that 'stranger pedalos' ie those whose victims are not relatives, tend statistically to work in loosely affiliated networks as it makes cover ups and procurement easier (think PIE, or the grooming gangs).

Operation Yewtree could've cracked some of this but the powers that be managed to discredit it by using 'Nick' as a mentally ill guy - which he probably was, sadly - thus discrediting the whole thing. But it got very close to being cracked open.

Absolutely Line of Duty was making strong references to this in its final season - very brave!
Agree totally except I wouldn’t be shocked if royals were involved. I have been accused of being a conspiracy theorist about stuff like this but unfortunately the lengths to which depraved men will go to in order to hurt women and children will never shock me. 😢

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Would be interesting to know who sent that tip-off to the police back in '98
Imagine the plot twist if it was Louis Theroux who sent the letter (doubt it very much!! - though the Netflix documentary made out there was an anonymous letter sent by the Leeds police force, one or more people. I'd need to re-watch that part).

There's an interview in the Guardian (from 2014) with Dan Davies (who wrote "In Plain Sight: the Life and Lies of Jimmy Savile") https://www.theguardian.com/media/2...n-who-knew-him-best-dan-davies-in-plain-sight

which includes one of Dan's older interviews with Savile:

'He showed me through to his kitchen. It was decorated in tiles of pink and brown, or as he put it, "the colour of sex".

Savile really did like talking about sex, didn't he.

We kinda know this anecdote from Louis Theroux: ...He asked me what was missing but I already knew, having read scores of newspaper and magazine interviews over the previous 20 years: it didn't contain a cooker. He liked to boast that none of his many homes had one. "It would give women the wrong idea and that would only lead to brain damage." '

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I read through the whole DigitalSpy thread that was posted sometime back. It is genuinely shocking to see the mentality surrounding the subject of historic abuse that existed just 10 years ago.

I am so glad that the whole sorry debacle opened up conversations and started to put archaic views on victim shaming and blaming in the past where they belong.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Was saville a part of the free masons? They like to protect their own and a lot of people in higher positions like cops, judges, etc are all a part of them so it would make sense that his crimes were covered up and he was protected.

Reactions: 11
Was saville a part of the free masons? They like to protect their own and a lot of people in higher positions like cops, judges, etc are all a part of them so it would make sense that his crimes were covered up and he was protected.
I'd bet your bottom dollar he was as were his police cronies from his Friday Morning club, I think he was also protected by the underworld/Krays and could call in requests for shutting peoples mouths hence the fear of reporting him.

I just found this actually, blimey.

'The Krays held infamous parties, known as Pink Ballets in which young boys were offered for sex to stars and politicians. Savile was a supplier of young boys from care homes for these parties. Ronnie was also associated with Jersey in the 60s, along with Savile and Heath. After a spell in Parkhurst, where he was visited by Savile, he was transferred to Broadmoor.'

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
Well, I've fallen down the rabbit hole on this subject, watched a couple of docs but not sure I can bring myself to get the book!

What I don't understand, and would be grateful if anyone could help, is how he became involved in Broadmoor. Did he fundraise for them? Just how was he allowed access?

Reactions: 4
From what I've read, he gradually got into voluntary work at regular hospitals through the sixties, and, when he was established as someone trusted to do so, volunteered to work at Broadmoor.

Reactions: 7
What I don't understand, and would be grateful if anyone could help, is how he became involved in Broadmoor. Did he fundraise for them? Just how was he allowed access?
It's said he didn't do much fundraising for them, this report highlights it all. There was a Dr McGrath who initially let him in and then a big overhaul of management just before Edwina Currie got involved and JS managed to wedge in one of his cronies, Cllr Franey, to management there.

'Savile was already self styled Entertainments Manager before Currie and Clarke rubber stamped his appointment to head a management task force. Savile already had full access to Broadmoor. He got Franey the head job there, and was involved in Sutcliffe and Kray being moved from Parkhurst prison into the hospital. Former patients and staff describe Savile as 'running the place'.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
Ian Hislop did as well. Look at his body language when Savile did Have I Got News for You.
I remember watching that episode of HIGNFY when it was aired. You could absolutely tell Hislop was not keen on Savile at all.

It's funny the Netflix documentary mentioned Popbitch Board (RIP), they discussed Savile's history/behaviour for years and years before he died. And, of course, the infamous "Jimmy Jangle" by Rob Manuel from b3ta (also made years before he carked it, though other Youtubers try to pass it off as their own).

(NSFW)

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.