Jimmy Savile

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ok just hadn’t heard of him so googled and that’s who came up

Reactions: 2
I've never said this before about anyone, but I really hope he had a painful and protracted death. Unfortunately, in my field of work, I know the majority of people pass away peacefully in their sleep.

Again, something I don't believe in, the afterlife, but with JS, I sincerely hope there is a hell and he is suffering eternal damnation.
I agree. I’ve always said I don’t believe in karma. You only have to look at the case of Savile to know karma doesn’t exist. Committed the most heinous crimes all his adult life and yet lived like a lord and never received any form of comeuppance for his disgusting behaviour. Like you, I can only hope that hell does exist.

Reactions: 18
From a truly disgusting man. Wasn't it Simon Cowell who paid Jonathan Kings bail when he was arrested and convicted of CA?

@RedMagnolia From your Nursey knowledge how likely is it to die with your fingers intentionally crossed?
Most unlikely. I have witnessed many deaths, and as I have said, most people die very peacefully, and I believe the fingers crossed is absolute nonsense. Unless someone arranged for his fingers to be crossed. That would be difficult although not impossible.

Can I just add, that being present when someone dies, for me and my colleagues, has always been something very important. We always open the window to let the soul fly free. We always talk to the person when we are preparing them for their journey to the morgue. We always wish them well, as they leave our department, and as the undertakers take over, that respect is continued.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
I too used to watch Jim'll fix it as kid. I always thought he was just some ugly old bloke, never picked up on what he really was. But then as kids, unless you have been exposed directly to him, he wasn't obvious and was a bit of a clever bastard with it all.

Reactions: 10
I remember holidaying in Fort William around 2001, the entire edge of town had been blocked off because he had filled the WATER tank of his camper full of diesel, the Fire Service were on site emptying and sorting it. I remember wondering if he had confusion issues! Then he was Chieftain of the clan on the town gala day, huge crowds out to see him… but he seemed so arrogant and honestly I was hugely disappointed 😕
He was standing at his cottage gate when we passed it in Glen Coe waving to anyone and everyone that passed, I think that was him every night in his element, courting his ‘subjects‘ it seemed, if only we knew then… 🤢😡
I remember that! There was a lot of rumours about victims up near his place in Scotland. Horrifying.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Most unlikely. I have witnessed many deaths, and as I have said, most people die very peacefully, and I believe the fingers crossed is absolute nonsense. Unless someone arranged for his fingers to be crossed. That would be difficult although not impossible.

Can I just add, that being present when someone dies, for me and my colleagues, has always been something very important. We always open the window to let the soul fly free. We always talk to the person when we are preparing them for their journey to the morgue. We always wish them well, as they leave our department, and as the undertakers take over, that respect is continued.
I do wonder the original source of the crossed fingers story. Thank you and thank you too for doing what you do for our dead. My father died minutes before I could get to him in hospital and the nurses had laid him so beautifully with a yellow rose on his chest. Yellow roses always remind me of him now. Thank you. 🙌

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I agree. I’ve always said I don’t believe in karma. You only have to look at the case of Savile to know karma doesn’t exist. Committed the most heinous crimes all his adult life and yet lived like a lord and never received any form of comeuppance for his disgusting behaviour. Like you, I can only hope that hell does exist.
He was allegedly a devout Catholic. Let's hope he died terrified of eternal hellfire knowing what had done.

Reactions: 22
There were a few documentaries broadcast after the stories broke about him the more detailed ones on ITV and Ch4. So many were saying they knew of his behaviour, whether locals near his caravan in Scarborough, nurses at Stoke Manderville and so many more. It beggars belief that he was able to hide in plain sight. How much new information is in the new Netflix documentary?

I loved his Jim’ll Fix It show as a young child in the 70’s. I thought it was magic. But again why was a person who was whispered about put on a widely popular prime time children’s show. This was peak Saturday night viewing. Making him look like a quirky, eccentric uncle who could be trusted to do great things. Disgusting really!

Reactions: 12
There were a few documentaries broadcast after the stories broke about him the more detailed ones on ITV and Ch4. So many were saying they knew of his behaviour, whether locals near his caravan in Scarborough, nurses at Stoke Manderville and so many more. It beggars belief that he was able to hide in plain sight. How much new information is in the new Netflix documentary?

I loved his Jim’ll Fix It show as a young child in the 70’s. I thought it was magic. But again why was a person who was whispered about put on a widely popular prime time children’s show. This was peak Saturday night viewing. Making him look like a quirky, eccentric uncle who could be trusted to do great things. Disgusting really!
Having known people who worked at Stoke, many, many people knew about him but were threatened with their jobs if they said anything. They would avoid him in corridors and often male staff would stay in the room if they knew he was around the female staff. The corruption sadly was at the very top of the tree.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 22
How much new information is in the new Netflix documentary?
Not loads at all. It's more filler on what we already know. There is a scene with his Mum where she says something about spare the rod spoil the child and how he needed it.

I want to know more about Jimmys Dad.

Reactions: 15
Really well done that documentary. I didn't learn much more, but I was pleased that it was so measured.

Reactions: 7
From Episode 2 of the Netflix doc

JS - Why did you beat me so much in my youth then?
His Mum - I didn’t beat you enough
JS - She didn’t beat me enough ladies and gentlemen …
His Mum - No, spare the rod and spoil the child and that was the case with you

Reactions: 8
From Episode 2 of the Netflix doc

JS - Why did you beat me so much in my youth then?
His Mum - I didn’t beat you enough
JS - She didn’t beat me enough ladies and gentlemen …
His Mum - No, spare the rod and spoil the child and that was the case with you
I wouldn't normally say this but she didn't beat him hard enough

Reactions: 23
Being brought up harshly may have shaped the person he became, though it wouldn't excuse his adult actions.
I know this and I don't actually believe children should suffer any kind of physical punishment. However, for Savile, I'd make an exception. It's an ethical dilemma, but if you had the chance to prevent the harm he caused by beating him with a big stick, would you do it?

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.