Jimmy Savile

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh god yes, it was assumed that the young woman in question would be delighted with all the male attention it was quite sickening.🤮

The point I was trying to make was that it's easy to look back and say why didn't any women do anything without realising what they were up against at the time. Sexism was everywhere.

When I was a child I used to watch 'Miss World' on the TV. Never at any time did I think it was dreadful that the girls were just being judged on their looks and that sashaying down a catwalk draped in a mink coat was wrong. It never occurred to me! Now you can say that I was a dumbass not to have grasped that but the vast majority just accepted that as the norm.

In sitcoms at the time there were only 2 types of women - the sexy young girl that all the men lusted after or the middle aged battleaxe (all other women over 35). Stereotypes were everywhere.
Young attractive women were just there for men to paw and older women weren't taken seriously and ridiculed.
I used to watch Miss World with my nan and score them 🤦

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I read somewhere that he had access to a hospital morgue and liked spending time with dead bodies alone
I’ve heard this too, that he had a key😕

The next one like this will be Cliff Richard, another untouchable.
CR is strange, but all that hoo-ha when the BBC (of all people) raided his house) and ended up in court! He is an oddball though.

Reactions: 10
Oh god yes, it was assumed that the young woman in question would be delighted with all the male attention it was quite sickening.🤮

The point I was trying to make was that it's easy to look back and say why didn't any women do anything without realising what they were up against at the time. Sexism was everywhere.

When I was a child I used to watch 'Miss World' on the TV. Never at any time did I think it was dreadful that the girls were just being judged on their looks and that sashaying down a catwalk draped in a mink coat was wrong. It never occurred to me! Now you can say that I was a dumbass not to have grasped that but the vast majority just accepted that as the norm.

In sitcoms at the time there were only 2 types of women - the sexy young girl that all the men lusted after or the middle aged battleaxe (all other women over 35). Stereotypes were everywhere.
Young attractive women were just there for men to paw and older women weren't taken seriously and ridiculed.
oh yes, I remember my mum and dad used to take Miss World really seriously and have their own chart where they scored each girl and chose their own winner 😳

it was like a real appointment to view. My parents were in no way creepy it was just like watching X Factor now, and taking a really earnest approach to the whole thing. Genuinely, it seemed really innocent, reasonable fun. Unthinkable now.

ETA Sorry, just seen @Petitpois said much the same thing

Reactions: 12
Does anyone else remember seeing that clip of Savile groping that poor girl on Top of the Pops? It actually made me feel sick. In plain sight, indeed.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
I've never heard he faked the marathon. What l can say is we definitely saw him quite a few times and we were around the 12 mile mark. He generally was around the middle of the pack i.e. there were lots of runners around him. Not a straggler. We used to see people walking along the pavement well into the day.

Anyway l mean thinking about it, how would an old man keep up that pace for 12 miles? Plus he would get stopped along the way for tv interviews.

Reactions: 6
It was a bit after that the ridiculously big, chavvy memorial was removed.
That monstrosity was ridiculous. Like really dude?

This site has been a real eye opener, l'm beginning to think only non celebs are normal..
I'm not a great people person, but even I would say on the whole people are more good than bad. There are nasty/crappy people in every sector of society. We grow-up with these myths that are used to control us in some way. We were always taught as kids or women that it is the creepy stranger in the bushes that is going to assault you, not someone you know like a friend, work colleague, employer, family member. Oh and perps, you can spot them a mile away because they are mentally deficient loners or something; the suckers who get caught. A lot of pervs get into high positions in order to gain access and cover.

Reactions: 17
I've just ordered a copy of his autobiography online. This is the original 1974 version, which was hardback and bore the title As It Happens. There was also a paperback version from 1976, which was issued under a different title, Love is an Uphill Thing. That later version is the one I owned before and searched for yesterday, to find it not being sold. Remembering having heard of the earlier version, I found two copies on Abebook.co.uk. I bought one for £35. The second and last one is just over fifty pounds, if anyone else is interested. There are also a couple of copies on Amazon.co.uk for a little more than a hundred pounds apiece.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
Another celeb and can’t stand, and does a lot for charity work but he creeps me out... David Walliams. There is something about that man that doesn’t sit right with me.

Reactions: 56
Another celeb and can’t stand, and does a lot for charity work but he creeps me out... David Walliams. There is something about that man that doesn’t sit right with me.
See this post of mine below. It quotes a post the original of which was deleted.

Reactions: 8
The next one like this will be Cliff Richard, another untouchable.
I very much doubt it. The worst he has to hide is that he was in the closet for most of his career and any girlfriends he was seen with were beards. He has lived with another man for a very long time.

I don't ever remember any allegations against Cliff. He was investigated under operation Yewtree and subsequently cleared.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I very much doubt it. The worst he has to hide is that he was in the closet for most of his career and any girlfriends he was seen with were beards. He has lived with another man for a very long time.

I don't ever remember any allegations against Cliff. He was investigated under operation Yewtree and subsequently cleared.
There have been plenty of allegations online for years.

Reactions: 16
I get the same creepy vibe off him as I did from Saville

Excellent points and love the bit about his yodelling voice. I thought he was vile and he made my skin crawl. I never saw through Rolf either I loved watching him paint I thought he was a nice guy and I was v shocked when his disgusting behaviour was revealed.
Rolf Harris shocked me the most. I loved watching his art programs as a child,and animal hospital. Used to see him lots around town growing up. He lived near the river near me in Maidenhead. Almost bought some Rolf Harris art work years ago as an investment. Bloody glad we didn't.

Reactions: 25
Rolf Harris shocked me the most. I loved watching his art programs as a child,and animal hospital. Used to see him lots around town growing up. He lived near the river near me in Maidenhead. Almost bought some Rolf Harris art work years ago as an investment. Bloody glad we didn't.
You could easily have thought, 'let's put must of our life's savings into some of Rolf Harris's art, because it's bound to go for a fortune after he dies!' That was a close thing!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.