Jimmy Savile

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I once read it said that the fallout from Cliff's death will make Savile seem like a picnic...

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
Do you know, I recently remembered something from my childhood that only now can I see was wrong. When I was about 9 I went on a school trip with another school and on the first night after we had spent the day camping, we had showers. There was one bathroom and one of the male teachers stood and supervised all the girls coming in and out of the shower. At the time it seemed perfectly innocuous (and he didn't touch anyone or anything) but he stared at us all intently. In hindsight, it was extremely yucky.
I had a similar experience in my youth. We had a very butch female PE teacher who used to do the same.
Even worse we had a male science teacher who would get all the girls with big boobs to sit at the front of the class where he could ogle them better!

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
I once read it said that the fallout from Cliff's death will make Savile seem like a picnic...
Without sounding awful... how olds cliff? Close to "that age"
He gives me the creeps so much.

Reactions: 1
I had a similar experience in my youth. We had a very butch female PE teacher who used to do the same.
Even worse we had a male science teacher who would get all the girls with big boobs to sit at the front of the class where he could ogle them better!
We had this as well and there were two women P.E teachers one gay, one straight and they both stared at you. We had to take all our clothes off for the shower then line up with nothing on and hand our towels over to the teacher. Then everyone had to walk round this communal horseshoe shower and then line up to get your towels back. They made comments like you look nice after having a shower etc. It was absolutely dreadful going through puberty and teenage years having to put up with this humiliation. I'm not surprised there was so much truanting from P.E and games.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
Omg me too and he was always everywhere - schools and everything. He came to switch on the Christmas lights in my town one year. One of my friends (11/12 at the time maybe) says she remembers getting her little sister (5) to go over to him at one of these events - we had no idea!! So sickening 😞

i also had no idea the Jimmy’s thing was because of him!
Didn’t his flat in Roundhay also lie empty for years after he died? Unsurprisingly no one wanted to buy it
Urban explorers have tried and mostly failed to get in tho there’s probably a vid on YouTube of someone exploring it

The Jimmys thing wasnt because of him, its the name of the hospital shortened. St James's. He did portering at the LGI, not St James's.
The flat has been totally rebuilt now and its been sold and is occupied. It was in the evening paper about it.

Reactions: 3
Yes lots of rumours the marathons were a load of codswallop. I remember seeing a clip of Esther Rantzen breaking her heart over the revelations after his death, I'd say she feels immense guilt.
There is a new documentary coming out on netflix this year.
There is a rumour that childline was some kind of ruse for pedalos at the bbc

• Wow
Reactions: 22
We had this as well and there were two women P.E teachers one gay, one straight and they both stared at you. We had to take all our clothes off for the shower then line up with nothing on and hand our towels over to the teacher. Then everyone had to walk round this communal horseshoe shower and then line up to get your towels back. They made comments like you look nice after having a shower etc. It was absolutely dreadful going through puberty and teenage years having to put up with this humiliation. I'm not surprised there was so much truanting from P.E and games.
I didn't have that problem at school, but one of my female friends at school says that she had exactly the same problem with the female teacher. She would rip their underwear off if she thought they hadn't showered.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
I'm trying to remember where or when I heard the Jill Dando accusation re CR. I was dipping in and out of David Ickes videos, so maybe it was from him. Youtube banned him, so no more crazy for me.
I'm not sure what to think about Cliff, I mean I hope the rumours aren't true and he's just been closeted all his life.

Reactions: 11
Thought I’d chip here- had relatives that lived near him in Roundhay which is very wealthy, predominantly Jewish, and quite conservative area of Leeds. The restaurant featured in the second LT doc was a family fave for celebrations- and he was a regular face in there. Never met him- but know he once approached a family friend and her elderly mother whilst they were out for afternoon tea (proper twinset and pearls type folk) did the whole smarmy celeb shaking hands thing but then whispered something incredibly crude and obscene to them. They were absolutely horrified and stunned into silence. Also heard years ago that The Smith’s song Panic / Hang The DJ was about him- not sure in the truth but the lyrics are haunting when you apply to him...
I'd say Roundhay wasn't predominantly Jewish, that's more Moortown and Alwoodly really. I agree its a wealthy area etc. He also used to go into that cafe at the edge of Roundhay Lake a lot and try to mingle with people.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I’m wondering if I went to the same school as you 😬🙈 I only realised a few years ago how awful this was!

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I went to an all girls’ schools but although there were showers, they were never used. We just stank for the rest of the day!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Stoke Mandeville Hospital had a cafe called 'Jimmy's' named after Savile which has since been renamed.
When I was at school one of my friends was unfortunately in a car accident and broke his neck and was in Stoke Mandeville for a long time - we used to go up and visit him a lot (this was the mid to late 90s) and he used to say JS was there ALL the time just wandering around chatting and he seemed to have had access to everywhere - makes my stomach churn now 🤮

Ive just remembered a girl from my primary school was on Jim’l fix it too!

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Do you know, I recently remembered something from my childhood that only now can I see was wrong. When I was about 9 I went on a school trip with another school and on the first night after we had spent the day camping, we had showers. There was one bathroom and one of the male teachers stood and supervised all the girls coming in and out of the shower. At the time it seemed perfectly innocuous (and he didn't touch anyone or anything) but he stared at us all intently. In hindsight, it was extremely yucky.
we had a teacher when i first started secondary school who was quite young and proper tried to be down with the kid letting us get away with stuff no other teacher would ..he seemed so cool compared to rhe other old teachers but he mysteriously left after our 1st year ..(with the benefit of hindsight now i definitely think some of his behaviour woild be classed as grooming.)
a good few years later there was a crime watch reconstruction for the disappearance of Dinah Nichols (who was murdered by peter Tobin) and who dropped her to the concert in his car but our old teacher! she was a pupil in his 6th form so still a line that shouldn't be crossed as far as im concerned.
i did hear recently he had been asked to leave as he was having a relationship with a 4th year ..i think in the 70s /80s it was the thing to just moved people or or turn a blind eye ti behaviour now that would be ringing alarm bells

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
we had a teacher when i first started secondary school who was quite young and proper tried to be down with the kid letting us get away with stuff no other teacher would ..he seemed so cool compared to rhe other old teachers but he mysteriously left after our 1st year ..(with the benefit of hindsight now i definitely think some of his behaviour woild be classed as grooming.)
a good few years later there was a crime watch reconstruction for the disappearance of Dinah Nichols (who was murdered by peter Tobin) and who dropped her to the concert in his car but our old teacher! she was a pupil in his 6th form so still a line that shouldn't be crossed as far as im concerned.
i did hear recently he had been asked to leave as he was having a relationship with a 4th year ..i think in the 70s /80s it was the thing to just moved people or or turn a blind eye ti behaviour now that would be ringing alarm bells
Late 80s/early 90s I was groomed. I only realised this many many years later, like the past year, I was made to feel special and loved and grown up and I never saw anything wrong with it. I was taken advantage of by another colleague of his, just once, and I didn’t know how to speak up and say no to this guy, the other one I loved and believed he loved me. Lots of his other colleagues knew and every single one turned a blind eye. It just seemed to be the done thing to turn a blind eye. My parents found out and it was my fault, I was a slag or slut. Even to this day mum might throw a sly comment my way about it. No point in reporting it, the main guy is dead and still now I hold him in no hatred, god knows what happened to the other or the rest of them and I can’t drag my own family through it.

I was 15 he was 42

things were different back then and it’s actually really bad that it was and people had that view of sweep it under the carpet or ignore it

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.