Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ekathrina

VIP Member
I don’t know whether any of you are fans of the crime writer Val McDermid, but she has a character in a couple of her books that were based on Savile. The characters name is ‘Jacko Vance’, he’s a celebrity paedophile who abducts, rapes and murders young girls. The first book he features in was published in 1997, and the fact the character is based on Savile is unmistakable when reading the book. She’s since admittedly publicly that she wrote the character based on interviews with Savile that she did during her time as a journalist in the late 70’s and rumours that were circulating even that far back.

• Wow
Reactions: 33

Dotty Merton

VIP Member
Same. I was born in the early 90’s and he has always given me the creeps. He was already old and haggard, with the ridiculous tracksuits and soulless eyes. I never understood his hype.
'70's were pretty simple naive days really, only 3 channels on the telly, tv was BIG, all the family together, street parties for royals birthdays and the church had a greater influence. Charity events were seen as fun entertainment for all the family. There were loads of strange folk around so Jimmy was more acceptable in look then than now (I promise! ha ha) he had John Lennon hair and hippy glasses but could talk to the common man down the pit too. The fashions were changing rapidly, men growing hair, mini skirts shooting up, the '60's was still filtering down into suburbia. Rules relaxing as the contraceptive pill had been introduced so women couldn't use the "I'll get pregnant' reason to not shag or put off unwanted attentions.

It was a particularly confusing time to grow up to be honest and if your family all sat down together to watch Saturday tv there was Jimmy.......making dreams come true, it made you feel like your dreams could come true. Like I said before in a previous post and I'm sure others of my age will agree with me, it was really groomy back then and with societies rules changing so rapidly about sexual relationships/the pill/the kinsey report I'm sure many of us have stories we struggle with now and would make younger posters hair stand on end.

• Heart

Futurenoir

I remember a story broke on the Daily Mail site end of 2011 and Twitter was rife with gossip but when I went back to read the expose again all trace of it had been deleted as had people’s tweets as if there was some sort of injunction in place. Then the following year the truth came out... how did it get kept covered up and why did everyone protect him?
As I stated in another reply on here, basically his connections with the royals. One day, the abuse and predatory behaviour of many members of the house of Windsor and their associates is going to come out. Probably not until most of the current members are dead but there will be a time in the future when we are all long gone when people will muse on forums like this and ask the same questions about the Windsors that we’re asking about Saville right now

PeteM

VIP Member
Here's fellow n-o-n-c-e Jonathan King talking about Savile yesterday on a messageboard on his own website...
jk.png

• Angry
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
Has anyone heard the (alleged) story about the Thatcher coverup of her cabinet minister killing a little girls parents in a drink driving accident by chequers, Thatcher sent Saville to the hospital where he masqueraded as a doctor and took the little girl off in to an unused side room off from the area where she was being treated for minor crash injuries arranged it to look like his “doctors office” and questioned/silenced her about the crash.

She ended up getting adopted and had a breakdown over it as an adult, i don’t think it’s ever made it into the mainstream, she ended up convincing herself she had dreamt it but one of the many journalists she contacted over the years finally replied and took her to a library or something and found historic local newspaper clippings about the accident proving it was true, of course no mentions of how it had really happened though.

This lady made a video with the journalist i hope i can find it and post it for anyone who hasn’t heard it.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 32

Stapleyourtongue

VIP Member
Did anyone write to him ? I did, I wanted to go on the corkscrew at Alton towers with George Michael. Everyone I know my age wrote to him asking him to fix something 😡
I was staying at my Grandparents house, and wrote a letter for JS to fix it for me to meet Gary Glitter. Thank god she never posted the letter for me

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 31

sdmilne

I once read it said that the fallout from Cliff's death will make Savile seem like a picnic...

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 31

TeaNoSugar

Anyone who messes with kids really does need to be kicked to death, or spend a lifetime in prison. End of

• Heart
Reactions: 30

BigMavis

VIP Member
Well done. Please can we discuss how the previously adored Louis Theroux was a complete cock about the documentary. Of course he fucking knew and used it to make good telly / further his career. Twat.
I've recently rewatched the 2nd documentary, it was clear he knew and that Saville nearly goaded people into challenge his behaviour. Talk about hiding in plain sight.
But LT has a certain style, he behaved the same way to Paul Daniels and the Orwell guy.

Eirawen

VIP Member
I watched a programme about the much maligned Mary Whitehouse the other evening, yes she was prudish in some ways or maybe she just was out of step with the new permissive society but she was the first person to speak out against child sexual abuse. I was shocked to see a member of the paedophile Information exchange talking casually about if a 11 year old child wanted sex with an adult then it was the adult's duty to encourage and teach them all about sex ie grooming kids. They were talking openly about it on a TV programme so its seemed like the norm. Whitehouse complained and campaigned against it, for all the criticism she has had she is to be praised for that.

• Wow
  • Sick

domski

There seems to be very little known about his father and his relationship with him.
That's true; AFAIK In Plain Sight is the only place where there's speculation about what role Savile senior might have played. It's been a couple of years since I read it, so I might not be 100% but between JS leaving the mines and becoming a dancehall manager he was in some kind of shady business with his dad. Also possibly an abuser himself? Johnny Savile - one of Jimmy's older brothers - was a sex offender who was sacked from a hosipital role for sexual misconduct. Two rapists in one family suggests some kind of common link, but we'll never know. Either way, it's a fascinating (if grim) read

Futurenoir

After he died I remember one woman on different chat shows saying she was his child. She looked a bit like him. Everyone was saying she was after his estate.
His gravestone was huge as it had all his accomplishments engraved on it as per his request. Then after the story broke it got ground down into tiny pieces.
As much as I read at the time I don’t remember how or why his hideous crimes eventually made headlines, after everything being hushed up for so long, despite people reporting him. Anyone remember?
Connections, basically. Particularly his friendships with the royals. I had a friend who worked on a national newspaper and it was an open secret as to what he did and what he was. The trouble was, he had the same lawyer as Prince Charles and so any attempt to publish would be met with a strongly worded telephone call or letter from the lawyer threatening to restrict that paper’s access to the royals, specifically Diana. As most newspapers’ sales figures increased significantly when publishing stories or photos of Diana, they just didn’t think it worth the risk. You can’t libel the dead of course and so it was fair game once he had died. Incidentally the Royal Family’s connections to multiple sexual offenders and paedophiles is a story in itself

• Angry
Reactions: 29

Raininvain

VIP Member
I live in the same area he lived and it was widely known that he was into very young girls. I've said on here before all what I know, so everyone will have read what I wrote last time.
What was very very bad was that the BBC knew and a programme was made about him being a paedophile and another one commemorating his death. Guess which one was shown? Also he used to have a meeting with top Police and others in authority at his flat once per week, and they used to deal with any allegations of his crimes. I mean WTF was going on?. He must have had things on them to be able to do that. How he was allowed to offend for so long is an absolute disgrace and no one has been held to account for it ever.

Phoenix Lazarus

VIP Member
From Savile's autobiography, the account of how Savile harboured an underage female runaway overnight, having warned police in advance he'd do so before handing her in if he met her.

IMG_20210221_0001.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sick
Do you know, I recently remembered something from my childhood that only now can I see was wrong. When I was about 9 I went on a school trip with another school and on the first night after we had spent the day camping, we had showers. There was one bathroom and one of the male teachers stood and supervised all the girls coming in and out of the shower. At the time it seemed perfectly innocuous (and he didn't touch anyone or anything) but he stared at us all intently. In hindsight, it was extremely yucky.

• Sick
  • Wow
Some of us were sharing stories about Saville, Glitter and a couple of others in the early 2000s in chat rooms, many households and communities openly said for decades what they knew or suspected after hearing local stories of these gruesome bastards.

Its no coincidence Saville had to die for everyone to suddenly listen or care enough to just get a documentary made.

When people defended him before it came out and claimed they knew nothing it was sadly just expected i suppose but how anyone could try to defend this monster post 2012 and Operation Yewtree is beggars belief.

I will never forget Phillip Schofield sat on the sofa in 2012 defending Saville and playing dumb after the initial documentary that got the ball rolling had just aired on the very channel he gets paid ridiculous amounts to present on.

• Angry
  • Sad

Ophelia

JS really is repugnant, he makes me shudder just looking at him.

There's a new documentary about JS on Discovery but it requires a membership unfortuntely. It's actually scary how cocky he became, he was dropping hints all over the place. He said on Theroux documentary: "I am feared in every girl's school". I imagine it's because he knew he could get away with it. I used to read Exaro back in the day and I know some claims they made about others have been debunked i.e Carl beech, but they were saying he was procuring children for elite paedophile rings.

Last edited:
  • Wow

alcone

What really got me… was when Esther Rantzen who was Head of the Childline at the BBC during the eighties… broke down crying saying she never knew or heard anything about Jimmy Saville. Is she for real this woman? She never heard one single thing when it was right under her nose? Lies. All these people who turned a blind eye need to be made accountable, especially the “head of childline”.

• Heart