Jesy Nelson (Ex Little Mix Member)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is worse than I could have hoped for. LOL. I'd never heard Jesy speak before, I just watched that radio interview. Tragic. This won't end well. Innit.

Reactions: 10
Twitter seems full of bots tweeting requests for obscure US radio stations to play it.
Seems at lot of US tweeters are just realising shes a white girl and waking up to the blackfishing

Reactions: 9
65E83670-416C-4EF2-91FE-7A43F1F3FB9F.jpeg
Is she saying this now because she knows it’ll be dragged up when her new music comes out because of Jesy? 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 7
The fact the DM have done the promo piece to again push the single - but with the comments off.

The PR must be costing a fortune for them to be bombarding so much - that amount promo for TV, Film, A single - tells you they are reliant on the media to tell “Jesy’s Story” instead of talent it’s pity.
As if, she was almost this poor ignored hidden underdog who has risen from the ugly duckling ashes to become a “Baddie” (I felt cringe even writing that).

But if you need to pull out a “story” every time you have anything to plug .. that is telling of your talent.

Reactions: 15
The fact that article says she cancelled the two follow ups just speaks volumes on how she’s dealing with the black fishing.

Reactions: 21
she reminds me of that other irritating bleep....the one who said 'cash me outside how bow da' or some other bleeping tosh 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I got the feeli

Thats all I know? Strange phrase. She knows white culture, essex culture. Lots of people grew up with black music being played at home- reggae, R&B. They dont start blackfishing.
It’s like saying I grew up eating Chinese or Indian food to try and justify and start identifying as Chinese or Indian, and wearing the traditional clothes and modifying your facial features and skin tone 😭 it sounds bleeping ridiculous but it’s the same thing . Listening to music created by black artists doesn’t give anyone permission to do what she is doing .

Reactions: 40
I’ve just read that Vulture interview.

At first she claims her team do have access to her IG but it’s mostly her who posts. Then she’s claiming she doesn’t know about the blocking/deleting cos she doesn’t go on socials that often.

Also in the interview she’s got the blasé attitude of I’ve never claimed I’m not white. In the follow up statement it’s I take all those comments seriously.

Reactions: 15
She is a liar. A bad liar who can't remember what she has previously said.
I have no sympathy for her and hope she disappears into z list celebrity abyss with a lovely bad boy for life.

Reactions: 26
I’ve just watched the video, oh my good god. It’s literally a direct copy. And it’s not good at all. I can’t understand what she is saying. If that goes to number one I’ll be stunned.

Reactions: 6
View attachment 801010
Don’t back doon, DOUBLE DOON
Is she ok orrrrr? I have endless amounts of appreciation for black artists, black actors & black culture in general. That does not mean it’s ok for me to actively try and change my skin tone and entire look to base it around those back artists. There is a huge difference between appreciation and appropriation. Wants to be act black when it benefits her but is mute when it comes to speaking up on the issues they face daily?

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.