Jesy Nelson #2 Is she back or white? Either way her song is sh..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She is a tit singer
With a tit song
From a tit girl group
Who were put together on a tit tv show

None of them are talented or likeable, and they will all be totally controlled by their management - from their God awful videos, to whoever they collab with.

I am so glad I have never liked manufactured pop music - getting my knickers in a twist about a group called 'Little Mix' and an ugly bint called Jesy Nelson ffs...
But you felt compelled to create an account and post on this thread 🧐

Well done, you're sooooo edgy and different because you don't like pop music! Thank goodness for morally superior people like you! You're so cool!

🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Devils advocate here but if the majority of ppl are shocked she’s not white and always assumed she was mixed race then surely this has perpetuated the myth for her? Maybe her unusual aesthetic has pushed her toward wanting to be a black girl? I’m an Asian female and in our culture being fair is the beauty standard, like our elders will say “she’s too dark” like it’s a negative. So I have seen those women who identify with darker skin start to emulate black women because they relate to them I guess, hope this makes sense? My issue with the song is that the concept is weak and pathetic- like what are you trying to prove here? You have just used an old song that had a lot of clout and tried to profit from it without it offering anything
While I understand where you’re coming from, it’s still inappropriate. Jesy’s “unusual aesthetic” in the beginning - the one she claims she’s returning to - was curly hair (not the way she has it now), high top trainers and joggers. No one thought she was black then. It was clear she was a white girl who just liked to dress a certain way. As she got further in her career and her skin got darker (past the stage of just tan and towards another ethnicity) and her lips bigger, that’s when people started to think she was mixed race. That begins with her, and continues with her and it’s got to a point where it’s so prolific people have continued to have the assumption. I don’t think many people who saw her in X Factor all those years ago would think she was mixed race.

Colourism is an issue in all non-white communities unfortunately. While I understand relating to black people, in my opinion, I think it becomes an issue when you take parts of black culture that you have no right to. Although, again, I do understand your point. It’s a fine line and I think Jesy has leaped over it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 20
Can see this being true:

If she gets charts success with her solo single, she'll be even more insufferable 🙄
Not surprised.

I saw a tweet that I can no longer find, from a black woman who said she met Little Mix 5 years ago and Jesy told her she wished she had her accent. 🤨

• Wow
Reactions: 19
nohun should have kept his DMs private and big mouth shut. Everyone is coming for him on the instagram gossip pages now.

123A5663-0637-4908-95CA-5302BB14E5B8.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 63
While I understand where you’re coming from, it’s still inappropriate. Jesy’s “unusual aesthetic” in the beginning - the one she claims she’s returning to - was curly hair (not the way she has it now), high top trainers and joggers. No one thought she was black then. It was clear she was a white girl who just liked to dress a certain way. As she got further in her career and her skin got darker (past the stage of just tan and towards another ethnicity) and her lips bigger, that’s when people started to think she was mixed race. That begins with her, and continues with her and it’s got to a point where it’s so prolific people have continued to have the assumption. I don’t think many people who saw her in X Factor all those years ago would think she was mixed race.

Colourism is an issue in all non-white communities unfortunately. While I understand relating to black people, in my opinion, I think it becomes an issue when you take parts of black culture that you have no right to. Although, again, I do understand your point. It’s a fine line and I think Jesy has leaped over it.
Absolutely agree, she has crossed the boundary and I think in this case it would be a massive thing for her to have some self awareness about it and acknowledge it but she doesn’t

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I don’t think her new single is that great but I can’t agree with this whole black fishing thing. You can’t win these days, if she said she doesn’t like black culture, rnb music etc she would be called racist, when she does say it she’s accused of black fishing. People talking about her tan? I mean, is there a tan limit that white people now can’t cross? Feels like this is the latest buzzword that everyone wants to get hysterical about and it’s getting really boring.
I’ll take a guess and assume you’re white from this. Respectfully, you’ll probably never understand.
Imagine being black and being told your skin tone is ugly, you should bleach, you’d be prettier if you were mixed with something or “You’re pretty for a black girl”, “This is why black guys date white women” I could go on…

And then imagine white women adopt your culture and her praised for it, they get idolised and succeed.
How would you feel?
The comments above were made to me as a child/teenager in school, at college and online by various people, some don’t realise the harm they do.
I used to search for bleaching creams and I am considered a “lighter skinned” black person, imagine how dark skin girls feel to see people like Jesy idolised whilst she adopts our culture but they’re abused and overlooked?!

It’s not a buzzword as you say. I wish it was!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 68
The fact she even msged him shows that she basically trusted him. He basically sh*t all over her by leaking those msgs. He prob wants to get into heat magazine (is that still around?) 🤣
This is the scary part! She obviously trusted him to say that and he basically tit on her by leaking the DM’s and he’s claiming she was trying to coax him to make a video about her black fishing?
“You should do one about her blackfishing” is hardly coaxing!

Reactions: 18
Its not even just Jesys own look as blackfishing. Its also perpetuating the sterotypes, often negative, about black people and black culture. Bad boys and all black dancers? Well done, J. She is a total beg.

Reactions: 30
She is a tit singer
With a tit song
From a tit girl group
Who were put together on a tit tv show

None of them are talented or likeable, and they will all be totally controlled by their management - from their God awful videos, to whoever they collab with.

I am so glad I have never liked manufactured pop music - getting my knickers in a twist about a group called 'Little Mix' and an ugly bint called Jesy Nelson ffs...
Are you ok hun? Who hurt you?

• Haha
Reactions: 18
This video is sending me.

Poor guy, he was in an awkward position guys!!! So naturally, he had to post private texts where Leigh-Anne displays trust for him and is obviously hurt by Jesy. Hold off the attacks, he's the one who's had it so so so hard, he's been a Little Mix fan HIS WHOLE LIFE, and you guys are attacking him?! Heartless!! Next you'll say Jesy shouldn't treat black men as her fetishised bad-boy dolls!! What has this world come to?! PC culture gone mad.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
This sentiment is always funny to me and this is not an attack on you as I am just noting that the history of rock and roll framed as a white genre is an interesting one.

Black Americans also pioneered Rock and Roll. People can/will debate this and the general history for those who aren't into reading about popular of modern music has done a pretty good job of erasing how instrumental Black Americans were in almost all forms of modern music to America and a lot of the threads of musical arrangement followed from 'negro spirituals' sung by slaves and their descendants. And also how these slaves bought over the kora/ngoni an instrument similar to guitar from West Africa during the slave trade.

A lot of racist people have often said that black people only contribute to 'culture building' through music and dance while also historically deriding jazz, rap, hip hop, etc. as 'noise' that caters to 'low cultured' people.

Many rock legends like the Rolling Stones and the Beatles apparently had managers/promoters going to black clubs and listening to the songs and poaching them. The Rolling Stones early in their career acknowledged and looked up to a lot of Black American artists as mentors/performed with them and most notably had a good relationship with Chuck Berry. And music was even more segerated back then (say hello to 'Race records' the name of a very old record label that marketed ragtime, jazz, blues, and soul music sung by black people). And music sung by these Black Artists was simply known as "race music" and eventually Latin music was put under this label.

Elvis is called the king of rock and roll but Little Richard was right to call this "a matter of opinion" depending on who you talk to. People called him bitter and hateful. But it is a well-known fact that record executives listened to the music of Black American's like Big Mama Thorton and Chuck Berry and thought something good was there and just how much more marketable and 'better' it would be coming from a white face. And again since the record labels were segregated there was very little chance back then of black musicians wanting to work with them either. But for some reason if black people point this well-documented history out, it is often dismissed as being politically correct and rewriting history to coddle because "everyone is inspired by someone". And while that is true and art is and will always be a cultural exchange, this was blatant and purposeful and done very much with race in mind and who is considered at the bottom vs. who is considered at the top in the collective consciousness and memory.

So when people say 'take race out of it' or 'stop making everything about race', it is like arrogance and a slap in the face. Race plays into so many decisions, past and present, and especially in a country that may have ended slavery and segregation but then especially with ending slavery then doubled down on these narratives with laws (redlining, etc), prohibiting access to valued resources in every part of life from the reconstruction period onward for many Black people. Music historically was one of the only avenues for many black Americans feeling the strains of racist laws and policies prohibiting them from equal chances and opportunities as a way to carve out a chance at a better living. Music conservatories for Classical music were more accepting of black applicants but would still not allow for them to be a part of professional orchestras so they had to make their own and hire their own composers. But again, pointing out the long/complex/ and racialized development towards modern music would just be making everything "about race" to some again.

People also forget that many White Americans both in the general public and those in charge of social policies/laws initially hated Elvis when he first arrived on the scene for singing music that was considered black and making his voice sound black/ shaking his hips sexually like a hypersexual black person. They felt his music was evil and Satanic because it was blurring the lines of contact between the different sexes and more importantly racial boundaries which would lead to that dangerous 'miscengation'. They felt he opened up the road towards civil rights with his behavior.
My message was not a white vs black thing, so please don’t make it that. It wasn’t who created a genre, and the history behind it which you kindly explained. It was simply pointing out if you don’t like Rap that doesn’t make you racist which that poster was trying to make out.

Reactions: 5
I don’t think Jesy has blocked the other girls because if you scroll back on leigh’s insta there’s a post from ages ago of her and jesy, with jesy still showing as tagged. This wouldn’t be the case if there had been any blocking going on as this removes the tag…
Am I the only one who understood it as she blocked their number, not their instagram ?

Reactions: 2
I don’t mind the song (mostly because I like the original) but find it strange she didn’t release original music as her first solo song. Surely after all those years in a group, you want to show what you can do on your own. This feels like a third single to me! She has missed an opportunity.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.