Jesy Nelson #2 Is she back or white? Either way her song is sh..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t think Jesy has blocked the other girls because if you scroll back on leigh’s insta there’s a post from ages ago of her and jesy, with jesy still showing as tagged. This wouldn’t be the case if there had been any blocking going on as this removes the tag…
It wouldn’t remove the tag for you though? Because you aren’t blocked? Surely that’s how it works?

This is the lyrics to her song.

Got a little attitude, but I think he's kinda cute
So hood, so good, so damn taboo

taboo?!

Off with that fat head of hers
She must be taking tips from Nicki... 😅
We all know her tastes

• Haha
Reactions: 4
You can also be white and not like r&b music, I know many people who love rock and hate rap and r&b that doesn’t make them racist, it’s just a style of music they don’t enjoy. Like how I don’t enjoy classical music. That doesn’t make me a horrible person it’s a preference over a form of sound waves.
This sentiment is always funny to me and this is not an attack on you as I am just noting that the history of rock and roll framed as a white genre is an interesting one.

Black Americans also pioneered Rock and Roll. People can/will debate this and the general history for those who aren't into reading about popular of modern music has done a pretty good job of erasing how instrumental Black Americans were in almost all forms of modern music to America and a lot of the threads of musical arrangement followed from 'negro spirituals' sung by slaves and their descendants. And also how these slaves bought over the kora/ngoni an instrument similar to guitar from West Africa during the slave trade.

A lot of racist people have often said that black people only contribute to 'culture building' through music and dance while also historically deriding jazz, rap, hip hop, etc. as 'noise' that caters to 'low cultured' people.

Many rock legends like the Rolling Stones and the Beatles apparently had managers/promoters going to black clubs and listening to the songs and poaching them. The Rolling Stones early in their career acknowledged and looked up to a lot of Black American artists as mentors/performed with them and most notably had a good relationship with Chuck Berry. And music was even more segerated back then (say hello to 'Race records' the name of a very old record label that marketed ragtime, jazz, blues, and soul music sung by black people). And music sung by these Black Artists was simply known as "race music" and eventually Latin music was put under this label.

Elvis is called the king of rock and roll but Little Richard was right to call this "a matter of opinion" depending on who you talk to. People called him bitter and hateful. But it is a well-known fact that record executives listened to the music of Black American's like Big Mama Thorton and Chuck Berry and thought something good was there and just how much more marketable and 'better' it would be coming from a white face. And again since the record labels were segregated there was very little chance back then of black musicians wanting to work with them either. But for some reason if black people point this well-documented history out, it is often dismissed as being politically correct and rewriting history to coddle because "everyone is inspired by someone". And while that is true and art is and will always be a cultural exchange, this was blatant and purposeful and done very much with race in mind and who is considered at the bottom vs. who is considered at the top in the collective consciousness and memory.

So when people say 'take race out of it' or 'stop making everything about race', it is like arrogance and a slap in the face. Race plays into so many decisions, past and present, and especially in a country that may have ended slavery and segregation but then especially with ending slavery then doubled down on these narratives with laws (redlining, etc), prohibiting access to valued resources in every part of life from the reconstruction period onward for many Black people. Music historically was one of the only avenues for many black Americans feeling the strains of racist laws and policies prohibiting them from equal chances and opportunities as a way to carve out a chance at a better living. Music conservatories for Classical music were more accepting of black applicants but would still not allow for them to be a part of professional orchestras so they had to make their own and hire their own composers. But again, pointing out the long/complex/ and racialized development towards modern music would just be making everything "about race" to some again.

People also forget that many White Americans both in the general public and those in charge of social policies/laws initially hated Elvis when he first arrived on the scene for singing music that was considered black and making his voice sound black/ shaking his hips sexually like a hypersexual black person. They felt his music was evil and Satanic because it was blurring the lines of contact between the different sexes and more importantly racial boundaries which would lead to that dangerous 'miscengation'. They felt he opened up the road towards civil rights with his behavior.

• Heart
Reactions: 72
Eminem is at the absolute top of the mountain in the rap game, whether you like his music or him is an aside, he is probably the best the industry has ever seen. But he did it without appropriating black culture. He never made out his story was the same as Dre, Snoop etc. He never said he was "from the streets". He was "white trash", with a neglectful mother, if you believe what he's written. But it's undeniable the respect he has for those in rap who came before him and the culture that surrounds how these rappers are moulded, but not once has he called it his story.

I have no words on what Jesy is doing.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
I have missed alot in 2 days and can someone recap for me please as I am lost

Reactions: 2
Think Leigh is a bit busy to be sending silly little messages, the twin will be keeping her busy and if she has a break she will no doubt be napping or relaxing.

Reactions: 5
I’m mixed black and white and as I’ve said yes I think blackfishing is awful .....but please remember it works both ways ok ladies....look at ms minaj..... I can’t stand jesy I think she is the ultimate narc and I think she has now single hand idly ended whatever career She had ....but I can’t let go all races want what they can’t have and try to emulate it!!!!!

Attachments

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I’m mixed black and white and as I’ve said yes I think blackfishing is awful .....but please remember it works both ways ok ladies....look at ms minaj..... I can’t stand jesy I think she is the ultimate narc and I think she has now single hand idly ended whatever career She had ....but I can’t let go all races want what they can’t have and try to emulate it!!!!!
I think this subject is very different though, it has more to do with colourism.. Many believe that even amongst black women and men that lighter black skin tones give more privilege.. it’s such a deep subject. So many famous black women have been accused in the media that bleaching their skin, wearing certain wigs etc to try and appear more ‘white’ e.g. even Beyoncé was accused at one point. More noticeably and wildly Lil kim! I think this is a different thing all together though, some of these women feel they have no choice and that it makes them more accepted and gives them more opportunities, which is sad and in a lot of cases even true! It’s the same with professional jobs etc in everyday life, too many black women feel like they can’t wear their natural hair as it won’t appeal to employers 😔 it’s such a interesting and sad topic but I think what Jesy is doing is in another league and I cannot rationalise with it .

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Im catching up but I honestly thought Jesy was mixed race like her band mates are. So the black fishing thing rings true for me. Same as Rita Ora does when she wears braids.

Reactions: 22
I'm mixed race and it absolutely boils my piss that some white people are acting like what Jesy is doing is fine. NO it isn't.
Everyone is allowed an option, of course. But they will never truly understand or have that experience.
I’m older and just about know who they are 🤣, but I watched the video and it made me feel ..uncomfortable.
Still, it has got all the press and attention possible, so I suppose it served it‘s purpose for the ‘industry’ 🤷🏻‍♀️

Btw.. It’s not quite the same issue but of interest none the less; Did you watch the documentary on Rachel Dolezal on Netflix. It shed some light on her background and there was some very interesting viewpoints and opinions from the black women who were interviewed about her. (She’s still completely delusional imo tho’)
It’s worth a watch. ❤

Sorry but I keep seeing things and have to share this reaction video 😭

Can I over and paint a big mural on your wall? You need some lovely art in your life 🥰

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
The comments under that guy's IG vid made me sick :sick:

What a vile human being he is! Poor Leigh 🙁 How long until he's out partying with Jesy?

Reactions: 12
Did someone say he‘s just had twins? 😳

I think this subject is very different though, it has more to do with colourism.. Many believe that even amongst black women and men that lighter black skin tones give more privilege.. it’s such a deep subject. So many famous black women have been accused in the media that bleaching their skin, wearing certain wigs etc to try and appear more ‘white’ e.g. even Beyoncé was accused at one point. More noticeably and wildly Lil kim! I think this is a different thing all together though, some of these women feel they have no choice and that it makes them more accepted and gives them more opportunities, which is sad and in a lot of cases even true! It’s the same with professional jobs etc in everyday life, too many black women feel like they can’t wear their natural hair as it won’t appeal to employers 😔 it’s such a interesting and sad topic but I think what Jesy is doing is in another league and I cannot rationalise with it .

Absolutkey! Many, many black ‘stars‘ of music and tv (well ALL the stars!) have had nose jobs to make them slimmer/ more ‘white’ ? Tyra Banks, Halle Berry, Beyoncé…and , yes, Lil’ Kim barely has a nose left!
We forget that this is a huge money making machine and they are told what to do to make sales and revenue. It has always been so ..and will always be so.
(Although, sometimes I wish I could pay for a new face too!)
And where to we stand on the ‘arse’? Even Madonna has a somewhat perky one now !
But that’s a whole new thread .. 😉

Thanks to me for the winning thread title with 70+ votes.

previous thread here

Quick recap...

after what seems like forever, she finally released her debut solo song "Boyz".

It isn't very good, infact Its safe to say its bleeping awful.

She loves black music, black culture so thats her get out blackfishing jail free card..

I love curry but I don't call myself Sanjay do I...

claims her team runs her socials when asked about the deleting of comments regarding the blackfishing allegations..

You may continue....
That made me laugh! 🤣
Jesy could have saved herself a lot of cash but just using the Reface app .. and put her face onto a Nikki Minaj video! 😉

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
I don’t think Jesy has blocked the other girls because if you scroll back on leigh’s insta there’s a post from ages ago of her and jesy, with jesy still showing as tagged. This wouldn’t be the case if there had been any blocking going on as this removes the tag…
I’ve just checked this as I know someone who’s blocked me 😂 and I can still see the tag of when we use to talk and I’d tag her in photos etc.

Reactions: 3
Can see this being true:

If she gets charts success with her solo single, she'll be even more insufferable 🙄

• Wow
Reactions: 24
She is a tit singer
With a tit song
From a tit girl group
Who were put together on a tit tv show

None of them are talented or likeable, and they will all be totally controlled by their management - from their God awful videos, to whoever they collab with.

I am so glad I have never liked manufactured pop music - getting my knickers in a twist about a group called 'Little Mix' and an ugly bint called Jesy Nelson ffs...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
She is a tit singer
With a tit song
From a tit girl group

None of them are talented or likeable, and they will all be totally controlled by their management - from their God awful videos, to whoever they collab with.

I am so glad I have never liked manufactured pop music - getting my knickers in a twist about a group called 'Little Mix' and an ugly bint called Jesy Nelson ffs...
I mean you've taken the effort to come into a thread about song and video you hate, from a genre you hate, by a person you hate, who used to be in a band you hate, from a show you hate. Seems to me, your knickers are indeed fairly strongly in a twist if at no point in that chain did you not stop and think, what a bleeping waste of my time? :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 95
She is a tit singer
With a tit song
From a tit girl group

Watch out everyone, here comes the REAL Baddie!
How do you sleep at night, living so close to the edge??? XXX

• Haha
Reactions: 59
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.