Jessontheplussize #23 Dog is sick and house selling grief; never mind, I'm off to Tenerife!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All this thread has done is make me want a subway salad!

And maybe a brownie

• Haha
Reactions: 16
She doesn't need a pat on the back, but it's just food. She can't do right for doing wrong. Fat people are still allowed to eat 😂
This. All day every day. It's the same old rhetoric that has undertones of 'shes fat, she shouldn't eat at all'. Plus, when someone is of a heavier weight, they need to eat more, as they expend more living in a bigger body. When I started calorie counting, I was shocked at how much I needed to just 'break even', even eating at a deficit, I still needed a lot. As I've lost weight, the amount has come down.

how do you not spot a hole in a sock like that when you do the washing or at least fold the washing? Wtf Jess
I think you mean wtf Milli. He's a grown man who I assume dresses himself/does his own washing 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 31
This. All day every day. It's the same old rhetoric that has undertones of 'shes fat, she shouldn't eat at all'. Plus, when someone is of a heavier weight, they need to eat more, as they expend more living in a bigger body. When I started calorie counting, I was shocked at how much I needed to just 'break even', even eating at a deficit, I still needed a lot. As I've lost weight, the amount has come down.
I think you are both missing the point tbh.....eating a salad isn't what is being discussed here, it's how she cries in reference to how she looks, gets the attention and her engagement is upped, which is why she cries in the first place..she then throws in the token salad randomly and then once she's achieved what she's set out to do - engagement + sales - she reverts back to type = KFC !

I couldn't care less what she eats, her body and her life but I think her sneaky methods to increase sales of her ITS shite definitely needs calling out.

Reactions: 14
I think you are both missing the point tbh.....eating a salad isn't what is being discussed here, it's how she cries in reference to how she looks, gets the attention and her engagement is upped, which is why she cries in the first place..she then throws in the token salad randomly and then once she's achieved what she's set out to do - engagement + sales - she reverts back to type = KFC !

I couldn't care less what she eats, her body and her life but I think her sneaky methods to increase sales of her ITS shite definitely needs calling out.
I don't know if I agree/am ready to believe that she is THAT manipulative. Maybe I'm a fool.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I don't know if I agree/am ready to believe that she is THAT manipulative. Maybe I'm a fool.
I wish I still had your less cynical head where Jess is concerned but sadly as someone who has followed her for many years, her behaviour is now absolutely predictable.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
If be more inclined to believe she wasn’t manipulative if she hasn’t done the crying about her looks/health/fitness videos multiple times. Then with the guaranteed story the next day of “Thanks for all your messages. I feel better today was just in my feelings and having an off day.” If she was genuine, she’d just take a step back from the gram for the day. (Followed, of course, by the obligatory “just taking a day off” post”)

If be more inclined to believe she wasn’t manipulative if she hasn’t done the crying about her looks/health/fitness videos multiple times. Then with the guaranteed story the next day of “Thanks for all your messages. I feel better today was just in my feelings and having an off day.” If she was genuine, she’d just take a step back from the gram for the day. (Followed, of course, by the obligatory “just taking a day off” post”)
I think unless you've ever been in her shoes regarding being overweight then hating how you look/crying over your weight then eating tit food it's difficult to understand. I've put so much weight back on and had a bad day yesterday looking in the mirror calling myself all the names under the sun then binged which made me feel x10 times worse. It's a viscous cycle to be in and no one understands what goes through someone's mind like that unless you've been there. Hell even I don't know why my mind is like this, I wish more then anything I was "normal" and could just eat like a "normal person" its a horrible cycle to break.

However that being said I don't have clothing range to sell my soul too so I dont go on social media crying and then come back showing fast food. That's where I draw the line and find really weird

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I think unless you've ever been in her shoes regarding being overweight then hating how you look/crying over your weight then eating tit food it's difficult to understand. I've put so much weight back on and had a bad day yesterday looking in the mirror calling myself all the names under the sun then binged which made me feel x10 times worse. It's a viscous cycle to be in and no one understands what goes through someone's mind like that unless you've been there. Hell even I don't know why my mind is like this, I wish more then anything I was "normal" and could just eat like a "normal person" its a horrible cycle to break.

However that being said I don't have clothing range to sell my soul too so I dont go on social media crying and then come back showing fast food. That's where I draw the line and find really weird
I think the majority of people that follow Jess probably have a difficult relationship with food/ are a similar size/ can relate...I'm a size 18 with an eating disorder. I started to follow Jess years ago because she was warm, funny and a pleasure to check in with every day via Instagram. Years on I've no idea why I still follow her tbh.

Reactions: 10

I think you got the nail on the head with your last point. We all feel like this at some stage, but we aren’t on social media crying and then dismissing it as if it didn’t matter.
That is her doing a disservice to her followers who also feel the same. How realatable she could be if she was consistent in her content on this subject.

• Heart
I think you got the nail on the head with your last point. We all feel like this at some stage, but we aren’t on social media crying and then dismissing it as if it didn’t matter.
That is her doing a disservice to her followers who also feel the same. How realatable she could be if she was consistent in her content on this subject.
Absolutely, if she was more open with her issues etc she would be so much relatable. I wouldn't dream of crying on social media about how I feel then the next day post a kfc 🤣 for me I hate eating in front of people, even when I have salad (sorry salad gate drama 😂) I always feel people look at me thinking she shouldn't be eating 🙃 she's not relatable sadly.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Absolutely, if she was more open with her issues etc she would be so much relatable. I wouldn't dream of crying on social media about how I feel then the next day post a kfc 🤣 for me I hate eating in front of people, even when I have salad (sorry salad gate drama 😂) I always feel people look at me thinking she shouldn't be eating 🙃 she's not relatable sadly.
Same here and I always make sure that I leave food, just because I feel other people will be judging me

• Sad
  • Heart

I have been there. I’d say I’ve been the size Jess is now so I do understand the cycle of hating yourself, trying to do a bit better with food choices and then thinking duck it, I’ll eat what I want and then going back to hating yourself and repeat over and over again. But I think you do get to a stage where you have to acknowledge that, in the long run, this is really going to harm you. I was really lucky because, while I have PCOS, I had no major health issues from being that size - no diabetes, good cholesterol levels, blood pressure ok, no heart issues etc. Meanwhile Jess can’t take a few steps without being breathless and has other health issues that are affected by her diet which she seems to be in denial about.

Reactions: 5
Fgs, her dancing about to that song just made me feel sick, not because it was horrible but her juddering her phone back and forward 🤣🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 6

I think you mean wtf Milli. He's a grown man who I assume dresses himself/does his own washing 🤷🏻‍♀️
Nah, eat more actual food, not eat more sugary sh*t.
And it's not even a real need, it's a dysfunction of the ghrelin hormone that makes bigger people feel more hunger.

Anyway… is having cocktail sausages on a roast normal? I only ever do pigs in blankets at Christmas 👀 Also we’re the flat patties meant to be stuffing? Cos they looked strange!

Reactions: 5
Well having mushrooms on a roast is normal for her so I’m guessing anything goes.

• Haha
What is the biggest size Jess’s swimsuits are in because that lady she shared in them is quite a bit bigger than Jess I thought 🤔

Reactions: 7
Latest Readly ad - now I do have a soft spot for Jess but come on lass, you and Milli want us to believe that you are considering purchasing a project home where you can renovate it and you're reading magazines for inspiration?!?!?!?

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.