Jessontheplussize #19 crusty eye, fitness-related cry, anxiety pie-in-the-sky.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Isnt it just courteous at the moment to stay home if you feel rough? She admitted to feeling unwell so, in my opinion, no way she should have gone to that meeting as it can take days for a positive LFT to show.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I feel bad for her, but if she was feeling under the weather she should have done a PCR and/or stayed at home. Let's hope her grandma didn't catch it from her when she was taken to the hospital appointments.

Reactions: 5
I feel for her. I’d have done the same as her. I have a cold and continually testing - keeps saying negative so I will continue working as long as it stays that way as I can’t afford to be off work unnecessarily

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I feel for her. I’d have done the same as her. I have a cold and continually testing - keeps saying negative so I will continue working as long as it stays that way as I can’t afford to be off work unnecessarily
I think the difference here is that they could have done the meeting via zoom, as they have previously, if she had the courteously to tell them
she was feeling unwell etc.

Reactions: 1
She sounds ill so even if she just had a cold why drive all the way to Manchester. Ask them to do it over zoom as she's not feeling well rather than pass whatever you have to a room of people
Afraid I’m with you on this one. Not saying everyone can afford the luxury of a zoom meeting, but where you can and when you’ve got a cold, hang back.

Isnt it just courteous at the moment to stay home if you feel rough? She admitted to feeling unwell so, in my opinion, no way she should have gone to that meeting as it can take days for a positive LFT to show.
Yes, 100%. It’s in our guidance at work, no one wants a whole team down and out of action!

Reactions: 4
Yes, 100%. It’s in our guidance at work, no one wants a whole team down and out of action!

Same for my place of work. I’m lucky I can work from home and host meetings via zoom. She has that same luxury so she should have stayed at tome rather than take the risk.

I would have informed the people I needed to tell (Family, friends she has seen and ITS) and shut the duck up about having Covid because honestly, she looks irresponsible and selfish. Could have done th3 meeting my Zoom, could have had a PCR two days ago, could have stayed in if she felt unwell. She is not a low-paid worker who has no choice but to go into work

Reactions: 6
Covid or not, it’s still a really crappy thing to attend a meeting and potentially pass on any illness. You don’t know if people have vulnerable family at home etc. you should have video called Jess, that’s what you should of done. This has been around for 2 years now; it’s not hard to stay at home got a few days when you literally don’t have a job.

Reactions: 3
But why should she have to do zoom meetings when the world has pretty much got back to normal? I don't agree with all the new rules, I've killed myself working on the front line through out all of this so it's not like I'm a covid non believer but shes not done anything wrong. She's actually being very sensible and done the lateral flows before going etc. It's just an unfortunate thing. I caught it off my mum in August. My tests were all negative and I had to go to work despite feeling ill. A few days later I tested positive.. unfortunately it happens.

Before covid how many people would cancel something because they've got a cold? I actually feel sorry for her because it seems she can't do anything right

• Heart
Reactions: 41
She said she had her jabs, what makes you think she isn't vaccinated?
I don’t remember her at the time saying oh I got jabbed today or ever really talking about the vaccine when everyone was having it done

Reactions: 2
Can you imagine the slating she would’ve got pre covid if she said she didn’t go to a work meeting because she felt a bit coldy so asked to do a video meeting instead? It’s mad how our views on things have changed so much, now people are disgusted she DID go even though she did things like lateral flows and temperature checks, which again we would never have done before.

I for one am glad that it will be more acceptable to not go into work with any sort of cold or bug when you can work from home. I was fed up of them always doing the rounds in the office every winter.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Just another case of her oversharing unnecessarily! She often has a quiet day when she's not on stories and no one thinks anything of it. Did she really need to share all that information? Another example of causing unnecessary drama for herself and for why ?

Reactions: 3
I had it in mid January and I was testing negative for days. I was testing daily and eventually it went positive. I had been going to work as normal and I actually caught it from work. It's just one of those things.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.