Jessontheplussize #19 crusty eye, fitness-related cry, anxiety pie-in-the-sky.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My grandparents have mushy peas on Sunday roast. The ones you soak overnight. I actually like it but was brought up with it so maybe she was. Might be a gateshead thing
I did wonder if it was a North East thing or just a Jess thing

Reactions: 2
Oh yeah actually don't see them on her grans.
I know a couple of people who do it and 1 local restaurant I go to puts them on sometimes. They are really nice.
I don't actually cook Sunday lunch that often we usually go out for it. I fancy some peas now though

Reactions: 4
You always eat the same things on Sunday roast ?
Yeah, well we always have roast potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, maybe parsnips, Yorkshire's, stuffing, gravy and then whatever meat the meat eaters have. I have a nut cutlet or now I've discovered meatless farm chicken breasts I have one of them. Sorry for the boring reply and for derailing, but it's the Jess thread. Also any fellow veggies, I highly recommend the meatless farm chicken breasts.

Reactions: 13
Could just eat a roast now I’m starving!

I’m North west and some people this way have mushy peas on their roast…totally wrong! 🤮

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Why are we fixated on the mushy peas and not how bloody huge her portion was, the plate was overflowing! I don’t understand how she can be so upset about her fitness but can’t see that her diet is linked to her lack of fitness/weight 🤯

Reactions: 17
Yeah, well we always have roast potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, maybe parsnips, Yorkshire's, stuffing, gravy and then whatever meat the meat eaters have. I have a nut cutlet or now I've discovered meatless farm chicken breasts I have one of them. Sorry for the boring reply and for derailing, but it's the Jess thread. Also any fellow veggies, I highly recommend the meatless farm chicken breasts.
I’ll need to try them - I love meatless farm mince so I have high hopes. Thanks 😊

Why are we fixated on the mushy peas and not how bloody huge her portion was, the plate was overflowing! I don’t understand how she can be so upset about her fitness but can’t see that her diet is linked to her lack of fitness/weight 🤯
Excuse me, she told us, crying. It's Covid's fault if she isn't fit
But there is always room for a super caloric dessert.
Screenshot_20220306-200557_Instagram.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Could just eat a roast now I’m starving!

I’m North west and some people this way have mushy peas on their roast…totally wrong! 🤮
I'm from Manchester and never known anyone have it, asked the hubby as he's from Cheshire and (strangely in my opinion) he has picked onions on his, he'd never heard of it.

I’ll need to try them - I love meatless farm mince so I have high hopes. Thanks 😊
I'll have to try that. I've tried the vivera breasts, but the meatless farm ones are far superior. I've only seen the meatless farm chicken breasts in Tesco.

To get back to Jess, her roast did look good, apart from the mushy peas.

Reactions: 1

This is the vicious cycle of conversation on this thread lol
She can cry and cry and cry but she will never sort out her food issues. Does she need to bake a whole cake we know won’t be shared? No. But she will anyway and ate it like 20seconds after that massive roast without time to breath in between.

I can put a decent portion size away but jeez, she impressed me!

Reactions: 10
duck me that was mind numbing. Why would you post stories of you making a roast and burnt carrot cake with no sound and your chin wobbling a found the fork. Who asked for that?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
So a couple of things, i actually really enjoy watching Jess’s cooking stories. I think she’s a good cook. And secondly she is never ever ever going to lose weight. The excitement she gets from food is something else. Her entire life revolves around it. She just waits for her next unhealthy meal and it’s so sad. She can not afford to gain much more weight being that she is now a size 26. Her portion size was absolutely huge and having a glance at it I would say at least betwee 900-1200 calories right there alone (I’m a calorie counter) then the cake after it. Not saying Jess has to eat 1200 calories a day but she could put her calories at 2000 a day a still lose weight and still eat the foods she enjoys just not massive portions.

Reactions: 10
Do you mean my profile pic it @Chip1984 ? I was asking who chip1984 was? Mine is the hideous Poppy
Omg yours is poppy?! I didn’t even recognise her 😂😂 I copied chip over on the weird one thread. Was too golden to miss out on that pic

I did wonder if it was a North East thing or just a Jess thing
I think it’s a north east thing. Quite a few places where you have Sunday lunch have mushy peas. My boyfriend loves them on a dinner. I don’t mind them

Omg yours is poppy?! I didn’t even recognise her 😂😂 I copied chip over on the weird one thread. Was too golden to miss out on that pic
It was from last year, one of her rare natural photos 😂

• Haha
It was from last year, one of her rare natural photos 😂
It’s brilliant, cracks me up every time I see it! 😂

The last time I watched Jess she was stressing about how out of breath and sweaty she might get on a walk to the dentist. Today it’s an enormous roast & carrot cake… 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Haha
North Easterner here and never seen mushy peas on a roast, but seen them with pie n mash. Also seen marrowfat peas on a dinner before when I was in Hartlepool, but they're all kinds of weird in that town 🤣

• Haha
North Easterner here and never seen mushy peas on a roast, but seen them with pie n mash. Also seen marrowfat peas on a dinner before when I was in Hartlepool, but they're all kinds of weird in that town 🤣
I’m a Londoner and you’ve broken my heart saying mushy peas with pie and mash 🤣 definitely don’t get mushy peas with a roast down here, just with fish and chips from the chippy (I like my mushy peas with scampi)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
They aren't called the monkey hangers for nothing after all 😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.