Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

blatherer

Chatty Member
jessie seems really reflective in the latest ep, she talks about having the children one after another so she'd always be needed and having becker to 'reclaim' tenn's birth, also that she probably won't have more children although she's 'grieving' the idea of never having a newborn again. I think maybe the realities of having 4 are hitting her (and her mum probably!) She keeps talking about having a 'second chance'?? at what? I think she wants to somehow perfect 'having a baby'.

“I felt very strongly that they should have his surname to add another incentive for Alfie not to leave us.” She then tried to play this off as a joke, but instantly backtracked and literally said “it is also very true and I think has worked.” Seriously… what?!
remember alfie edits her pod for her too 🥴

Reactions: 10

SwizzleMalarkey

VIP Member
If he said it in his live show, it was probably a joke? I mean I wouldn’t take what someone says in their stand up routine as verbatim. They may have an arrangement but I wouldn’t take that as proof. 🤷🏻‍♀️

juy7nhio

its obvious she just wants to be wanted. wanted by the 'quirky' cool comedian Alfie and wanted and needed by her brood. she is deeply insecure.

Heloo

Saw Alfies WIP stand up the other night and it went badly....
He said Jessie is the breadwinner and explained she was on Harry Potter.
The audience was silent and he said " oh that usually gets a response"
he carried it on to say she was in the half. blood. prince
again expected a reaction and paused but audience remained silent

a man went up to go to the loo during his set and he said it would be better than the show
another man left and didnt come back

alfie opened by asking if i was okay
i said yes
he then asked when the last time i was scared was
i said i was rarely scared.

he said he wants to shag everyone he sees - hmmmm
he said jessie wanted a third child and he didnt and he thought that he would win but didnt explain why
he said they made a deal that if she got pregnant before he left for his tour in australia he could shag anyone he wanted to in australia
she agreed and got pregnant but then covid cancelled his tour
he was holding tenn and realised jessie had won

i do wonder how much jessie provides for the household cos it must be loadssssssss
Wow, thanks for sharing! That's so cringey that the jokes bombed as well... Im not sure why Jessie promotes his work so happily when it doesn't put neither him or her in the best light 😩

• Sad

mystic29

I agree, although if she doesn't get a wedding out of him she'll probably negotiate a 4th child instead!

Just read the guardian article. I'm so dismayed that she calls herself a "fat actress" even if she believes that's how she's perceived. She's so slim with a beautiful figure and as the interviewer noted, phenomenal bone structure. She posted a pic on insta the other day wearing jeans and looked terrific, especially having given birth a few months ago. I've just never thought of her as curvy, I guess that's how it felt in the acting world 10+ years ago and next to other Potter actresses but I couldn't imagine a casting director thinking of Jessie to play a 'bigger' girl.

Tried and failed to ETA - I don't mean to sound like I'm blaming Jessie, it's not her fault she feels the way she feels or has a hang-up about this. It's really frustrating and disgusting that the entertainment industry still creates negative body issues even in a thin 30-something parent. I feel so bad for Jessie that she still feels the way she felt on set when she was 23 :cry:
The thing is I really have loved Jessie’s stuff for years. I think the sense of entitlement and whining has just grated me down to the point that I realise how unhealthy and ungrateful her and Alfie seem. They have so much and yet are constantly complaining about their bodies, money status and relationship. You just reach a point where it feels like a very unhealthy, one sided relationship I guess 🤷‍♀️.

Bebe is definitely gives off ~I’m a cool girl~ vibes. As in might like topics/individuals that are not so woke and love a dip into pseudo intellectualism...and views it as giving her more appeal ( to edgy bois even if this something she would yell isn’t the case).

A lot of supposedly liberal men are doing the ‘everyone is so sensitive these days !!! why can’t I say piss poor jokes :(‘ bit

Also the shrugging way of admitting to liking certain individuals just gives the impression that if it doesn’t involve them they don’t care. Self absorbed.

Even if an individual hasn’t personally harmed me, I’m not going to boom box my love for them and start the separate the artist babes! 💩

skyehigh

Chatty Member
I ate a sausage sandwich when I knew I was going into labour and vomited it up a couple of hours later. I don't regret anything!

• Haha

LoopyLou47

VIP Member
I love Parenting Hell! The difference with that is that it's all about sharing the ups and downs of parenting in solidarity with other parents, and all with a sense of humour.

Jessie seems to actively dislike other parents and can seem quite critical (e.g. talking about how she could never put her kids in nursery, after school clubs etc). I stopped listening to WCTATRN because all the weight chat was making me feel miserable, I might have to do the same with WIK because she makes me feel like a shit parent (put my son in full-time childcare from 9 months because I had to go back to work!).
It's very irritating. She wouldn't put her kids into nursery or after school clubs because she doesn't have to! She doesn't have to work in any real sense of the word, because she comes from a wealthy family. She doesn't need to use outside childcare because her mother does all the childrearing. If she had to rely on her income yo pay the bills, or if her mother was incapable or unwilling to look after her kids, she bloody would use childcare because she is incapable of looking after them herself and has hitched herself to a loser who is unwilling to help with any parenting

Last edited:

blueberriesarenice

Yet again wondering why Jessie doesn’t ask her gp mother for advice on the breast milk duct blockage, not her followers on Instagram..

eyeballs

VIP Member
You were under the impression they might be working class?
Wiki says their dad is a doctor, their mum was the daughter of Sir Charles Philip Haddon Cave and she went to a school that now costs £21,000 a year.

• Wow

Sprezza

VIP Member
Dont like the name either. Margot is the only one if her kids' names that I like. None of them go with each other either if that makes sense.
Donny is cutesy middle class, Margot is quirky posh-girl, Tennessee is like what a US reality star would name their kid and Becker is British chav. But yeah she'll probably change it again soon.

ooh scandalous

I can barely listen to the latest podcast featuring Alfie. Not only does he pass WAY too much comment on the clothing Jessie wears, but how she describes feeling like “she can’t believe she has a boyfriend”…. Wtf. 4 kids later and you have weird teenage thoughts like that. No wonder he takes the absolute piss, imagine knowing that your partner feels as though they don’t deserve to be with you!

• Sad

PennyEleven

Yes the reason I was drawn to this thread is because I hated seeing how Alfie made her think she was being overly neurotic by being upset that he would routinely not come home when he said he would and stayed out drinking. While she looked after the kids and did work. The 'no fun' persona given to people who take responsibility seriously and don't drink much is lazy and a cop out.

And I dislike how her success is buoying him.

Not to clog up the thread with my garbled word sludge paragraphs but...

I do feel bad for how stressed Jessie seems. On the latest podcast she spoke about intrusive obsessive thoughts ( which is something I deal with and is very irksome), and I think she stretches herself thin, which isn’t hard considering she now has three young children.

Everyone has varying personal taste when it comes to comedy, I find Russell Kane detestable and excruciatingly bad for example... but there is a reason why Alfie remains fairly stagnant.

His comedy feels very much entwined with the psyche of a rebellious, confrontational teenage boy. Which he probably was and his comedy never really matured or progressed ( beyond the I’m the smartest man in this room, I’ll talk very slowly so you know I’m pondering)

I remember Alfie popping up on the internet every now and then ...and was always left wondering why they were still pushing him.

Again... personal taste but Jessie is ...from my perspective far funnier in the perfect self observational, neurotic way. She is very good at performing the type of inner dialogue that can run rampant in your mind.

LoopyLou47

VIP Member
She’s said that pretty often and has previously attributed it to one of her other brothers but now seems to take it on as her own creation/saying. I guess what she means is that your siblings are the only ones who have come from the exact same place as you and witness your life and journey from start to end pretty much.
I'm sure that's what she meant, but it comes across as very self absorbed to describe them as a 'witness to your life' as if their main job is to stand around and look at you, and if they have the audacity to die, that is one less person to do that.

Dustye

Haakaa pumps are a godsend! Yes they look a bit weird on, but you quickly learn after having a baby that your dignity and pride goes out of the window - you'd think especially so after your fourth!

What is embarrassing is being stuck with a boring manchild who fucks off to Australia just after his child is born.

Lovely to think the children will grow up knowing dear daddy does stand up gigs disrespecting their mother.

That type of humour is dull, dated perhaps indicative that Alfie needs to get a life ( or observe more of it in order to craft decent material ).

Alansbigplate

VIP Member
When he said they are more attached to each other than to the standard relationship dynamic it just reiterated for me that they have some sort of agreement to an open relationship rather than break up which is fine but to bring lots of children into that and be so public about it is concerning