Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Snazzycat

Chatty Member
She mentions how small her babies are a lot, it probably is genetics but I'm sure a lot of it is to do with diet. She seemed quite proud of her small bump and how tiny her baby is, guess its another one of her 'quirks'.
I on the other hand have just pushed out a 9lbs baby!

• Heart
Reactions: 11

thiswhomps

Did anyone else see the last 'bonus bitching'? I do like them both (I've loved Jessie's skits for a long time and Bebe is a seriously undiscovered talent) so can usually just roll my eyes at some of the odd comments they make, but I found parts of that video rather sexist. At one point Bebe went to talk about a fight she and her boyfriend had and said that even when the girlfriend is in the wrong the boyfriend should always be the one to take responsibility because "that's the result of the patriarchy". WHAT??

Also when Jessie was talking about the Depp vs Heard case and said "all of the audio clips of her asking "why do you leave"...I feel like she still loves him...you can see she desperately wants him to be like "I love you, I'm not going anywhere", but he's this kind of free spirit nomad guy, he just wants to be off having a fun time" - I know it's not nice to assume but it sort of screamed projecting on her part?

They did bring up some good points though, like that men should be given helplines as search results when googling abuse though (I'm surprised to hear that isn't the case as much as women's search results). But it's strange - sometimes I feel like their talks seem to go back and forth between culturally progressive or painfully backwards.

blueberriesarenice

If he said it in his live show, it was probably a joke? I mean I wouldn’t take what someone says in their stand up routine as verbatim. They may have an arrangement but I wouldn’t take that as proof. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Agreed, though it’s shit, misogynistic comedy imo to make jokes like that about your pregnant girlfriend and the mother of your kids. What a twat

blueberriesarenice

Never liked Jessie cave, she is mildly funny (I saw one of her shows at Edinburgh aeons ago) but seems very far up her own arse these days and both she and Alfie come over like total narcissists. Totally agree with the poster who said she’s based an identity around being a mum, and also that her older kids likely get a raw deal the more she has… she’s off filming with just the smallest, or she’s doing shows/podcasts or letting her mum take charge of homeschooling them etc so she can write her novel (where was Alfie in all this??) I tried reading her novel and gave up as I didn’t like the style- it seemed quite amateur and despite the heavy subject matter I couldn’t connect with it. I think Jessie is very clever at branding herself/her family but not particularly great at any one thing whether it’s acting, writing, art, comedy, whatever… because she’s clearly upper middle class she escapes the shit given to other celebs who cash in on their “brand” (including constantly roping in their kids and partner)- Sophie Ellis bextor, Kerry Katona, etc. I know this is probably an unpopular opinion but I feel she has even exploited her grief for money to some extent.

maytoseptember

VIP Member
The confidently incorrect things screams privately educated 😄

Not saying the standard of teaching is bad, but there’s a loud self-assuredness to private school gels that I can spot a mile off.

Do you think she is against contraception? I know a young woman who is reluctantly pregnant for the third time because she and her husband are rich hippies only use 'natural' methods of contraception...

Four kids, in London, in 2021? So much to say here. Wow.

Vee6

VIP Member
the latest pod is all about the trials and tribulations of long-term relationships 👀

jessie ends it by saying marriage or 'being together forever' "isn't that realistic"
Isn’t it irresponsible to keep having babies if you have no faith in your relationship?

I find both Bebe and Jessie can be quite misogynistic? They often sing the praises of the men in their lives or celebrities, but often speak disparagingly about women? Maybe just me

amsh

yup looks like he’s had some antibiotics, poor bub. I hope Poundland Russell Brand is feeling a bit shit right now, or maybe he’s too busy balls deep down under.
Brutal :ROFLMAO: she’s codependent as it is but regardless, the fact he has just left her on her own with a newborn and gallivanted to the other side of the world, during the most fragile time in a child’s life, is unforgivable. I’d be too embarrassed to admit it if I were her. Does she honestly think this behaviour is normal?! It’s not even like he could get home relatively easily if he had to. What if it’d been critical? Or heaven forbid, the baby didn’t make it? It’s actually put me off her massively, the fact she is so blatantly tolerating such disrespect and potentially influencing fans to do the same.

• Sad

Pinkpen

I’ve always found Jessie’s “so alternative cutesy boho” clothes really at odds with how obsessive sue is about having a perfect figure and perfect skin. Really highlights that the clothes are such a curated image and not as whimsical as she wants to appear

mystic29

I feel terrible saying this, but there’s something about her that just rubs me the wrong way. She’s in such a privileged position and she complains a lot. Her refusal to interact with anyone out side of her ‘class’ makes it hard to connect with her. I’m kinda getting over the whole ‘I’m a celebrity and you’re not so therefore not worthy of my time’ thing she has going. I feel like a massive bitch saying that.

blueberriesarenice

I’m kind of starting to believe the whole narrative of their dysfunctional relationship is just part of their “brand”! Very cynical of them (and of me to think so, I guess) but neither of them are mega talented so they need to pay the bills somehow. Jessie sees herself as the anti influencer, hipster type but she’s worked out that middle class feminist leaning, artsy mums like influencers too.and she’s cornered that market. The way they market their family is so icky to me. She has hardly any identity except being a mother.

• Heart

blatherer

Chatty Member
unrelated but I do think it's kinda odd she gets a hollywood wax before giving birth, that's the last thing I'd be thinking about 😅

also she's still low-key seething about the bitchy comment on covering her kid's faces in photos

in the latest WIK she says donnie and margot have only just started learning how to swim because she wasn't organised enough when they were little to book them into classes etc., seems like she's spent a lot of her life wanting to be a mother but not really thinking about how she's going to parent (if that makes sense)

Last edited:

PennyEleven

A man refusing to do his own baby's nappies is a useless sod. I turned the podcast off then, I think I'm done with it as I hate hearing what she's settling for.

• Heart

Owlish

At the risk of projecting a bit, I see some parallels with my childhood.

I am from a large family. I’m one of five siblings. My mum loved babies/toddlers. Once we got a bit older, I think she found parenting in a kind and emotionally supportive way, really hard.

Like with Alfie, my dad didn’t take a particularly active role in parenting as he was at work a lot, so it probably was very difficult for her.

However, I’ve come to realise that she’s actually quite narcissistic, which is very damaging to grow up with.

Children need consist parenting their whole lives not just when they’re cute little babies/toddlers.

PocketRLocket

I will share one little tidbit. I first met Bebe in Edinburgh the year Jessie was doing "I Loved Her" and Bebe was her flyerer. My friend and I stopped to talk to her (they knew each other) and I complimented her outfit and Bebe said that Jessie made her wear it and that Jessie buys and "forces" Bebe and their mum to wear "quirky" clothes in public so she can talk about how "quirky and weird" the family is.

By that brief conversation I got the impression that Jessie is very very controlling of how she is perceived and Bebe seemed a bit pissed off that she was flyering in this polkadot top with patterned leggins. I think it's telling when Jessie seems annoyed when Bebe wears flattering clothes that that image of Bebe doesn't fit into Jessie's ideal of what she wants the Cave family to look like or be.

• Wow

Owlish

I don’t hate them at all! I’ve got some of Jessie’s doodles, I saw Sunrise in the theatre, I subscribe to the podcast and general enjoy it.

This thread is conversation about what they both “put out there” about their lives.

Reactions: 10

mrsdewinter

I think I first heard of Alfie when he was a guest on Stuart Goldsmith’s Comedian’s Comedian podcast years ago, and couldn’t fathom why Stuart seemed so in awe of him. He has such an obvious wannabe-intellectual vibe about him that I could see straight through, but Stuart couldn’t and I imagine Jessie’s the same, and genuinely thinks he’s so clever and superior to her.

I’ve just started relistening to that podcast ep (from 2015) and Goldsmith was convinced that Alfie was the future of comedy 😬 I imagine his comedy appeals almost exclusively to men exactly like him who think he’s brilliant because he says things they believe they’re not allowed to, and an ever-decreasing number of ‘pick me’ girls.

I don’t hate him by any means, and I think/hope he’s probably a good dad, just rather immature and not a particularly brilliant partner or comedian.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10