Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Dustye

I just don't get people who have loads of kids - how do they afford it?! Aren't they totally knackered? I only have one and can't imagine/afford having another! Especially because I come from a big family so know how chaotic it can be 🤣

Reactions: 10

maytoseptember

VIP Member
I’m surprised there’s not more tattle bitching. She annoys me no end, I just finished listening to her latest podcast. She hadn’t even bothered to educate herself even lightly on “cry it out” methods. Instead just making a lazy assumption it must mean leaving your baby to scream endlessly, thus unfairly judging other mums and using it to highlight her ever-present insecurity as she chirps on about delighting in knowing how much her children need her.
That’s the thing about these militant crunchy mums/attachment mums... they’re always soooo superior. They think the worst of normie mums. Also complete martyrs. It’s like if they’re not on their knees with exhaustion and sleep deprivation, they’re clearly not giving enough of themselves to their children 🤦‍♀️

Actually like Bebe a lot more listening to the latest WIK. Very honest and open about having an abortion, which you can hear that Jessie was judgemental about. I think she wants Bebe to be a carbon copy of her and can't understand why she would even want to be different. There's definitely jealousy there.

• Heart
  • Wow

Dustye

You'd hope so, a proper grown up man at least...
Quoting myself like a wanker but felt like my initial comment wasn't fair. Jessie does annoy me but I do have a soft spot for her, and based on what she's said in her podcasts, social content etc Alfie seems quite immature and that their relationship isn't the happiest. I do wonder if she'll eventually see the light and at some point find someone more reliable and responsible. But it could all be an act and he's a solid bloke, what do I know!

PennyEleven

Thanks for mentioning the podcast was up on Spotify, I missed it on YouTube and hadn't realised i could get it there.

I have a lot of respect for Jessie and have been following this thread recently. I think she's talented and open and has a unique point of view. I do think her and Bebe are super quick to talk about "when you were fat" when they really weren't much heavier. But food and body image is so personal and subjective I understand its difficult to navigate in an honest way yet be 100% responsible. I can understand it would be a cause of discussion here.

However what really bothers me is Alfie. His comedy is basic and contrarian and wouldn't be at all interesting without the counter point she brings to his life. I have major issue with his beliefs over using the 'n' word and how he comes across in this podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podca...word-alfie-brown/id1370978944?i=1000414121585
From stories he and Jessie have shared i feel like he binge drinks, lies to her a lot and gaslights Jessie into thinking she's not fun for getting angry about when he said he'd be home. He has three kids and I feel like he acts like she trapped him. How much he slept around after they broke up, I just think is gross.

Above is my opinion having followed them since she first had Donnie and I obviously don't know them personally. Its super dumb that I care, he's the father to her kids but I always want to yell that she's right for being angry with him and he's a dick!

SwizzleMalarkey

VIP Member
Is Alfie related to Jacob Rees moggs? Years ago when Jacob had a child, Alfie posted photos of him holding the baby in hospital on Instagram.

Also who remembers when Alfie was split from Jessie and he was cinically posting that he was having to drive Ubers to afford supporting her.

Just looked online and very little is published online about Alfie's family intentionally perhaps. It wouldn't be implausible that he's Rees moggs son or nephew imo.
The Rees-Mogg photo was obviously a joke by Alfie. Mogg is holding his own baby, not theirs. It’s fairly well known that his mum and dad are Jan Ravens the impressionist and Steve Brown, a composer (worked on spitting image amongst other things).

blueberriesarenice

I think assuming that her sister and mum will always be there to help out so she can keep having more children is a bit shortsighted
this! I dont know how old her mum is but jessie and her older sibs are about same age as me and my brother, so her mum must be in her mid 60s. my mum of the same kind of age loves being a grandma and having our kids over/to stay, but she undoubtedly has less energy than she did 10 years ago and she also wants to start to do her own bucket list type stuff and enjoy life a bit more, travel and visit people. Jessie coralling her mum as the second/third parent seems a little immature like her mum might not have any life of her own. same for bebe; if her acting career really takes off or she wants a family of her own, or to move abroad for work or travel, how's that going to be? i'm super close to my sis but with age we don't live in each other's pockets, we have our own lives. i do think jessie seems unhealthily dependent on her close family to enable her lifestyle but maybe thats because alfie isn't up to scratch.

skyehigh

Chatty Member
My god I'm shocked. But that's because I have a baby (still a baby!) exactly the same age as Tenn and still feel like I am recovering 😂

I do not understand why they would want another one so soon. Especially when they already have 3 and she still has time on her side (especially when clearly no fertility issues!)

Alfie’s show at Edinburgh… do I go out of curiosity, or avoid because I know it’ll irritate me?

re money - they’ll be doing just fine and I’m sure their affluent families will have been able to help out. Nothing about any of them strikes me of having faced financial struggle!

With the new show, didn’t Iain Sterling write it? It looks like a bit of a vanity project. Doesn’t look funny at all, and Jessie appears to be cast as token kooky 20something with zany wardrobe. Peddling the same thing to fill some time between her next book or child.

blatherer

Chatty Member
Finally listening to the latest episode. Christ he's such a pompous arse. They sound so smug, as if 'their way'/relationship is far superior to anyone else. Talking about how it's somehow better not to 'overthink' who you have kids with - what?! I'm sure that's fine if you're from an affluent family who can offer free childcare, but for most of us we have to think long and hard about when is the right time to have a family, if you can make it work financially, and whether the person you choose to have them with shares your values and outlook.

Also, Alfie complaining about babies crying when he's out in public without his kids. What planet does he live on?
wait, are you saying that not everyone can have 4 children with someone they're not even sure is their partner, live in central London and make money off Instagram?! 😮

• Haha

17daize

Not contesting that she’s dim but think that may have just been tiredness/mixing up of words. I love that Bebe is in Marrakesh and hasn’t been guilted into staying home to look after her sister’s brood - especially because it seems to baffle and annoy Jessie that she’s interested in travel 😏

maytoseptember

VIP Member
I don’t think she could make it any clearer that she has an eating disorder and she doesn’t care who knows it. Interesting to hear that her mother was similar. I feel sorry for her daughter, in that case.

And it’s true that 100% cocoa chocolate tastes disgusting. Now I like really dark chocolate, and initially it does taste like really dark chocolate. Until, a second or two later, the flavour changes and it tastes like soil.

Sometimes people with EDs eat things that taste horrible to punish themselves for eating in the first place, or to ensure they don’t eat much of it. It kind of looks like that.

• Sad

sixback

Armchair psychology here but considering how obsessive Jessie is about being thin and eating nothing do you think there's a part of her that unconsciously likes being pregnant because it's the only time she's not transfixed on those things? If so that's really messed up and I worry a lot for her little girl.

• Heart

Alansbigplate

VIP Member
I'm really stunned that she's made it to Baby #4 without knowing what a sweep is or how legendarily painful/uncomfortable it is. I've never had one but I've heard enough horror stories! Also that she wouldn't ask outright why she needs to be induced, or why low birth weight/lack of growth in the womb are not the sort of things to shrug off as "oh well I always have small babies like my mum did"
As someone who catastrophises as well I can only assume she avoids looking into a lot of details about birth and labour, it would probably put her off going through it so many times if she lifted that particular rock.
This is the reason I think it wasn’t a great idea to do a podcast about it fair enough about motherhood as everyone’s experience is individual but to kind of be in a position of authority and yet be quite misinformed about something like childbirth and pregnancy is eek

maytoseptember

VIP Member
He's the same age as jessie ...

I love looking at young (pre-glasses) Jessie's red carpet looks, sooo barmy. Personal faves... (seriously though what is on her shoulders?)View attachment 1133516
Oh god. I know the 00s were a terrible time for fashion, but standing next to the other Harry Potter actresses in their much more normal premiere dresses, it just screams “Look at meeeeee! Look at meeeeeeeeee! I’m not like the other girls!”

kittymeowlondon

Chatty Member
He’s apparently got a new podcasting studio outside the house too
alfies been kicked out the house to record his sycophantic podcast at his brothers house
sick of his 'im the bread loser' schitck - has the man EVER had a real job?
apart from the one job he stil speaks about in his sets - at topshop - which sounds like it was short lived - this man needs to get a grip and get a job to support his soon to be FOUR kids.
I just cant.
Jessie cant be doing all the child care and her 'jobs' without some help - i am convinced they have a secret nanny but how the hello do they pay them?
this family is so confusing.

Dustye

Finally listening to the latest episode. Christ he's such a pompous arse. They sound so smug, as if 'their way'/relationship is far superior to anyone else. Talking about how it's somehow better not to 'overthink' who you have kids with - what?! I'm sure that's fine if you're from an affluent family who can offer free childcare, but for most of us we have to think long and hard about when is the right time to have a family, if you can make it work financially, and whether the person you choose to have them with shares your values and outlook.

Also, Alfie complaining about babies crying when he's out in public without his kids. What planet does he live on?