Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ElpisWept

I wonder whether her parents had the same sort of relationship, where the mum wanted loads of kids so the dad obliged but was wealthy enough to be able to spend a lot of time not with them. Sometimes parents justify their own decisions by enabling their children to do the same thing., That may explain why her mum is enabling her.
I think her parents were married, but her father lived with them on and off (possibly an open relationship), then had an affair at some point, and they split permanently. I could be wrong.

Posy Parker

There was an interesting post that I was about to reply to but it's gone. It was about cloning Insta posts. Whoever posted it, it was a shock to read for me so it must have been awful for you to experience that x

Whiskers

At one point Alfie was working as an Uber driver as well as doing comedy. I don’t know if he still does.

blatherer

Chatty Member
Am I missing something? I dont see anything wrong with what Horatio said 😅 Like he said she was good but didn't enjoy it. The acting being 'easier' is a bit douchey but probably right tbf 🙃
I think he meant it like more cushy, with acting they might send you a car, you get hair and make-up and generally treated well whereas with stand-up you're in dingy back rooms of pubs and it's not particularly glamorous. He did also go on to make a comparison between the kinds of people who do acting and the kinds of people who do comedy (his friends and bebe's actor friends) but didn't explicitly say anything specific 🤔

Last edited:

Owlish

do you think one of the things they agreed to when they were making changes to the pod is to no longer have Horatio present? he's been absent since the new year.
I think he was there to do the filming. Now they’re only recording the audio I guess he’s not needed?

blatherer

Chatty Member
Agreed! It’s a bit like how childlike she is, and how she seems to struggle a lot with her emotions. Like she never matured. She is very insecure to the point she’s made it part of her comedy persona, she has a history of eating disorders, and sorry if this sounds too harsh but she did seem a little in denial over her brothers death. She still maintains he wasn’t being reckless with the train surfing but that’s how he died and it surprised me she has publicly refused to accept that it was a stupid mistake with tragic consequences. It’s like she thinks everything has to be perfect (her, her family, her relationship) but nothing is, and so she comes across very contradictory and troubled. I don’t know if I articulated that very well but ykwim. The babies thing is a total symptom of that. I’m sure she loves them but when you start having so many close together, sorry but it’s more about you than them. Even 1 or 2 small ones takes a huge amount of focus and resources, 4 is only going to dilute that and it would be better if they had a super involved dad (maybe even a stay at home type dad), it could work, but as it is those kids have a distracted, vocally uncommitted father and a mother who seems never to have emotionally matured beyond her traumatic teenage years, and is self involved enough to have made a whole career out of selling her personal thoughts and hot takes to the public. As I’ve said before on here, it’s all just so weird. I get a bit triggered every time I see her posting about juggling all the kids at once alone, or almost showing off how chaotic her house is, because it’s like: can’t you see this looks all a bit pitiful, from the outside? No ones jealous of her deadbeat partner or her messy house or her apparent benign neglect style of parenting. it’s like she exists in this bubble. I think she’d benefit from some therapy and a total social media break.
do we know that's how her brother died? (DailyMail aside?) what was the outcome of the inquest?

agree re: bargaining to have more children

blatherer

Chatty Member
apparently Katherine Ryan potty trained her son aged 8 months, she said it was an eastern thing and we know how much jessie likes eastern parenting techniques...

pinkpalace27

I've not read the book yet. Debating whether to pick it up or not, so might wait for someone else to do so and then I'll make a decision.
Anyone catch her comments on Harry Potter in The Independent? About her weight issues on the last film? Thoughts?

Alansbigplate

VIP Member
How strange? I listened to it today and they had her kids on at the end which did surprise me since it’s filmed as well and she usually hides their faces