Jess Millichamp #2 We hate 10 minute takeover, give your oven a makeover!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you 😂 so hard trying not to offend anyone 😬

I understand what you mean. I think all bodies should be allowed to be an 'influencer' and promote fast fashion or bloody phone cases no matter what their size and I don't think there should be a line, everyone can do as they please and promote phone cases and hello fresh whether you are a size 0 or a size 36+ everyone has to eat and wear clothes and live their lives regardless of their size. The whole ' glorifying obesity ' argument is utter shite it's just a comeback for folk trying to cover up their fatphobic thoughts with concern trolling.

However back to Jess her size doesn't bother me....but...... You're right she is showcasing a pattern of disordered eating, using food to boost her mood, planning her whole day around food and basically making her whole Instagram stories a mukbang in some weird way throwing in the 10 minute take over as a lazy attempt to take the emphasis off food for a minute and mix up her content.

As a plus size person myself in the last year I have made strides to repair my relationship with food, listen to hunger ques and not feel guilty about being hungry, needing more food one day than the other for example, basically listening to what my body needs, I trust my body to moderate my eating by how food makes me feel, one big change is I realized I actually don't even like crisps and chocolate that much, they had always been the forbidden food and guilty foods and that's when you binge on them after trying to stick to a diet. I gave up diets, they don't work long term and I don't agree with them but each to their own.

I'm rambling back to jess ..... Buying trays of cookies, gammons, pizza, pasta and chips in one sitting is excess to most people and she makes it out to be funny and normal and it's not. The comfort eating itself isn't the problem it's the reason why she's.doing it?? Maybe the pandemic who knows?!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
All the stories of the greasy chippy have actually made me feel sick... normally it would make me fancy one😂I know how bad I feel after a weekend of eating greasy takeaways so it must be horrible to feel like that constantly

Reactions: 6
I understand what you mean. I think all bodies should be allowed to be an 'influencer' and promote fast fashion or bloody phone cases no matter what their size and I don't think there should be a line, everyone can do as they please and promote phone cases and hello fresh whether you are a size 0 or a size 36+ everyone has to eat and wear clothes and live their lives regardless of their size. The whole ' glorifying obesity ' argument is utter shite it's just a comeback for folk trying to cover up their fatphobic thoughts with concern trolling.

However back to Jess her size doesn't bother me....but...... You're right she is showcasing a pattern of disordered eating, using food to boost her mood, planning her whole day around food and basically making her whole Instagram stories a mukbang in some weird way throwing in the 10 minute take over as a lazy attempt to take the emphasis off food for a minute and mix up her content.

As a plus size person myself in the last year I have made strides to repair my relationship with food, listen to hunger ques and not feel guilty about being hungry, needing more food one day than the other for example, basically listening to what my body needs, I trust my body to moderate my eating by how food makes me feel, one big change is I realized I actually don't even like crisps and chocolate that much, they had always been the forbidden food and guilty foods and that's when you binge on them after trying to stick to a diet. I gave up diets, they don't work long term and I don't agree with them but each to their own.

I'm rambling back to jess ..... Buying trays of cookies, gammons, pizza, pasta and chips in one sitting is excess to most people and she makes it out to be funny and normal and it's not. The comfort eating itself isn't the problem it's the reason why she's.doing it?? Maybe the pandemic who knows?!
She way eating like this waaaaay before the pandemic.

Reactions: 8
She way eating like this waaaaay before the pandemic.
I think she was too but she wasn’t posting about it as much?
I’m in two minds about the whole food thing, on one hand I agree with the majority and it appears she is eating to excess and using food to help lift her mood (I do this too I have to admit...I use food as a comforter, mood lifter, celebration- everything!) but on the other hand I feel like if she didn’t post what she was eating and say only posting the healthy stuff..there would be people calling her out for not being real? There are loads of other plus-size influencers around the same size as Jess who literally only post vegan food they make, or healthy salads & home cooked meals.

“I live for crop tops” well you shouldn’t
Why not? She's not hurting anyone. I am a size 26 and spent my days in black. I wish I had an iota of the confidence she has. She's never rude about anyone, she doesn't lie about the clothes sizes, she will even put on clothes that absolutely don't fit to demonstrate the sizing off in comparison to other stores.

Don't get me wrong that there are other things she does like the take over and grotty oven that get on my wick but in terms plus sized clothing and dressing I think Jess is one of the better accounts and if she's happy wearing a crop top then hats off to her I say.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Absolutely bizarre isn’t it. Surely something medical is going on there?
She almost certainly has Cushings Disease.
As a fellow sufferer I've messaged her previously but as I'm not offering her something for free or ordering perfume from her it gets ignored.

Stories this morning....how on earth does her employer allow her to work in a senior banking role with hair like that.

Reactions: 7
I’ve been wanting to say this for ages, I follow this thread but don’t comment but somethings been bugging me. Now, If Jess was the opposite and she was anorexic or bulimic or had unhealthy relationship with food in that way and was posting about it on her stories in an encouraging way about how great it is and advertising such an unhealthy lifestyle, everyone would be going mad.. rightly so... so why is it any different when it’s the other way? Surely it’s as bad for her to promote this unhealthy lifestyle. I’m trying to be so careful here because I don’t want to come across as fat shaming or not being body positive or whatever like not at all, you do whatever Jess but I just don’t agree with how she seems to sugar coat her obsession with food to make it into a positive thing when really, her health is going to be massively suffer. I just don’t think she is being a positive role model in the slightest. (Hope you all understand what I mean 😬)
I think Plus Size influencers miss the mark. They want to promote you can wear what you like, have any job you like, do any activity you like, holiday where ever you like, be a person the same as any other size person. BUT they forget to promote Mental well being, eating a balanced diet, having down days, managing money, relationships, some struggles you may come across being plus sized and how to over come them.
They just are not relatable 2-3 takeaways a week, pretending dresses fit when they dont. They never say i feel a bit out of control with out a pity post. As you safe it was an externally skinny person saying how her diet of one lettuce and water is the best thing ever look how amazing they look, they would be shot down immediately.
Promote the best person of you- we are all normal, promote that, dont make out your life is amazing as you slowly put on weight and blame clothing brands for the fact items dont fit you anymore!

Other than being greasy all the time (which to be honest I am like at the moment as I am using my time not working to try and work towards a longer gap between washes BUT I am not working or seeing people) I don’t see the issue with her hair? Her hair is very mild in colour and wouldn’t be an issue in the workplace. I, a long time ago, worked in a bank and folk used to have very bright red hair etc and nothing said about it.

Reactions: 4
I agree.
I’m fat myself, always struggled to lose weight but that’s another story. When the plus size community was hitting off and it was all about loving yourself whatever size, it was easier to accept the mentality that you’ll always be fat so fake the confidence and love yourself the way you are, regardless of your poor relationship with food.

I now actually HATE the BoPo community because it’s absolutely glamourising obesity, i would find it more refreshing to follow women who say I am happy with my appearance, I am fat, but I am not healthy! Bc that’s the danger here, normalising it and using the excuse of ‘health at every size’ is stupid.
Sorry for the rant 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️
This! I'm a size 18 90% of the time, I know I need to lose weight but I struggle (plus I love food). Everyone that I followed that was my size when this whole community really kicked off is not a size 24+. I kinda just want someone who is around this size, stays here, admits hey I'm not 100% healthy but I'm not going to make myself worse and I'm happy for the moment. Here's me and what I buy etc.

I feel a lot of these brands are taking the mick out of people like Jess, I've never come across a plus size person wearing anything she wears and I know some of the brands she 'works' with I buy from and there is some nice plus size clothing. Most of the stuff they send her makes me look worse

Reactions: 3
This! I'm a size 18 90% of the time, I know I need to lose weight but I struggle (plus I love food). Everyone that I followed that was my size when this whole community really kicked off is not a size 24+. I kinda just want someone who is around this size, stays here, admits hey I'm not 100% healthy but I'm not going to make myself worse and I'm happy for the moment. Here's me and what I buy etc.

I feel a lot of these brands are taking the mick out of people like Jess, I've never come across a plus size person wearing anything she wears and I know some of the brands she 'works' with I buy from and there is some nice plus size clothing. Most of the stuff they send her makes me look worse
She picks her own stuff 90% of the time though 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 1
She picks her own stuff 90% of the time though 🤷‍♀️
Wow. I know a lot of things she gets are from the 'sale' (especially her ASOS hauls) so I thought she might have been given stuff because no one else wants it

Reactions: 2
I’m disabled and when I started getting poorly I gained a lot of weight because of my activity levels reducing, certain meds I take and comfort eating. I started following Jess as I was desperate to learn to love my new size and I thought she was amazing, but I’m going to have to unfollow as I find her quite triggering now. I have a really unhealthy relationship with food, i eat my feelings and I was actually diagnosed with binge eating disorder and bulimia. From what we see online, her food habits seem relatively similar/sometimes even worse than mine. I think she seems like a really lovely person, but the whole food side of things makes me uneasy and a bit worried for her. I hope nothing more serious is going on as I wouldn’t wish an eating disorder on my worst enemy, but I can’t help but see similarities.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
With jess it is clear that she has health problems, she's spoken about them herself and one look at her Instagram stories shows she is struggling, out of breath and chronically tired. Shes in hher early 30s, she shouldn't be like this. You can be of a bigger size and be "healthy" whatever you choose that to mean is up to you. However, it's quite clear shes not. For me it's not about clothes or wearing crop tops, it's the apparent denial shes in and promotion of the tit food she eats, her utter laziness and the I'm big so might as well act like a clown and eat what I want routine. She used to be quite balanced in her lifestyle etc but shes taken a sharp down turn in the last 18 months of so and whereas before she looked radiant, bright eyeed, wearing flattering clothes, fresh she just looks a sweaty mess as if she doesnt care anymore, wearing clothes for the sake of fashion.

Remember when she started going to that local gym. She also, if I remember right, tried to eat healthier. The gym lasted longer than the healthier eating, but she has drastically declined in health since.

I wonder if Paul said no to takeaways etc...would she kick off till he gave in. He has piled the weight on too and I wonder if he puts up to keep her happy

Reactions: 2
I reckon he's just the same as her to be honest and both just love the takeaways

• Sick
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.