Jemhow #3 jemma mc gowan

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought the same thing... Of course a Dr who was expecting you to come in August and spend 25k+ is ringing to see what the craic is 🙄

Also, as others have mentioned re: funds, she has been quite clear (for once) that this chemo is being provided by NHS. Not so clear on a return to Mexico... Or what the funds for Mexico will be used on.

There are alot of new posters on the thread (welcome!) so I will elaborate. To date, there have been 12 GFMs which are still showing on the GFM website. Her original GFM was for 70k which was obviously what was required for Mexico. The GFM (which I might add is still open, receiving recent donations) topped 170k!! Where did the excess 100k go?

This is on top of the Lunds raffle and recent "events"... If you tot them all up, the ones we can confirm donations, it comes to approx 250k. Thats not including other raffles the last 18 months, fundraisers like yer wan selling tattoos, merchandise (hoodies, mugs, phone holders) and of course the option to give a monthly payment 😳

Mexico is expensive and she has gone twice but there is absolutely no way her medical bills are totalling 250k+. If you are not using the money for treatment abroad, donate it to other GFMs. Help another family. Donate to charity.

Apologies for the rambling & ranting post but SO many people struggle with medical conditions and finances... And yes, Jemma is terminal & at one point needed funding. She received almost twice what she needed at that time. She is now receiving NHS treatment. She is also receiving plenty of freebies and money from #ads and #collabs. Of course she wants to keep her Instagram running, she is making a fortune from it and loving the Instahun attention & lifestyle.

I do feel sorry for her predicament but the situation just infuriates me. There are many others in the same boat & not getting a single penny that she is raking in cause they don't promote themselves on social media.
why is no one calling her out? There are loads of pages on insta calling out people like her, Big C & me was highlighted by loads of people.

Reactions: 6
why is no one calling her out? There are loads of pages on insta calling out people like her, Big C & me was highlighted by loads of people.
Her time will come i would say

Shes clever, she doesn't mention tattle like most of them, she knows if she sends them here they will see the truth

Reactions: 7
Part of me feels terrible for even questioning her, but then another part of me thinks of people I know who have had cancer and they could barely get out of bed, never mind do all the things Jemma is doing every day. I just don’t understand?

She may not send them here but she definitely reads here. Post up this morning about how they had to go back for the. Oh Jemma you don’t like being questioned.
Her time will come i would say

Shes clever, she doesn't mention tattle like most of them, she knows if she sends them here they will see the truth
send

Reactions: 2
The Mexico doctor no more rang her and has nothing to do with this decision for chemotherapy. There are guidelines for spinal cord compression so of course will be offered treatment for therapeutic reasons. She will be on high dose steroids currently so will make symptoms better short term.
She doesn’t follow that Mexico protocol strictly so pointless.

Reactions: 4
Part of me feels terrible for even questioning her, but then another part of me thinks of people I know who have had cancer and they could barely get out of bed, never mind do all the things Jemma is doing every day. I just don’t understand?
Same, unfortunately witnessed first hand. I fell for it, I donated to her 1st GFM. Feel like a fool now.
to see her driving around in her jag jeep and clattered in designer gear, I can’t afford that lifestyle and angers me that moneygiven in good fath is used for a flash lifestyle

Reactions: 10
I asked her about refund. Blocked within seconds 😂😂😂😂
No way?! The bleeping cheek of it 🤯 surprised she didn’t send you back a pic of a designer handbag saying “sorry already spent it” 🤷🏼‍♀️

Same, unfortunately witnessed first hand. I fell for it, I donated to her 1st GFM. Feel like a fool now.
to see her driving around in her jag jeep and clattered in designer gear, I can’t afford that lifestyle and angers me that moneygiven in good fath is used for a flash lifestyle
Terrible. I suspect a lot of people will be in a similar position to you. Giving their last penny thinking they’re helping her and her kids

Guaranteed she will put up a story soon saying she is still hoping to get to Mexico... Hence holding onto the money 🤑

Reactions: 4
I thought the same thing... Of course a Dr who was expecting you to come in August and spend 25k+ is ringing to see what the craic is 🙄

Also, as others have mentioned re: funds, she has been quite clear (for once) that this chemo is being provided by NHS. Not so clear on a return to Mexico... Or what the funds for Mexico will be used on.

There are alot of new posters on the thread (welcome!) so I will elaborate. To date, there have been 12 GFMs which are still showing on the GFM website. Her original GFM was for 70k which was obviously what was required for Mexico. The GFM (which I might add is still open, receiving recent donations) topped 170k!! Where did the excess 100k go?

This is on top of the Lunds raffle and recent "events"... If you tot them all up, the ones we can confirm donations, it comes to approx 250k. Thats not including other raffles the last 18 months, fundraisers like yer wan selling tattoos, merchandise (hoodies, mugs, phone holders) and of course the option to give a monthly payment 😳

Mexico is expensive and she has gone twice but there is absolutely no way her medical bills are totalling 250k+. If you are not using the money for treatment abroad, donate it to other GFMs. Help another family. Donate to charity.

Apologies for the rambling & ranting post but SO many people struggle with medical conditions and finances... And yes, Jemma is terminal & at one point needed funding. She received almost twice what she needed at that time. She is now receiving NHS treatment. She is also receiving plenty of freebies and money from #ads and #collabs. Of course she wants to keep her Instagram running, she is making a fortune from it and loving the Instahun attention & lifestyle.

I do feel sorry for her predicament but the situation just infuriates me. There are many others in the same boat & not getting a single penny that she is raking in cause they don't promote themselves on social media.
Let’s not forget the hot tub which appeared in the back garden within two weeks of the first gofundme 🙈

• Wow
Reactions: 7
How much money does she need? I get the GFM was for 50k for Mexico and same for 2nd trip but more than that was raised but there has been no end to the constant fundraising (begging). I really think that GFMs need to be regulated by an outside authority- it’s set up for a specific cause not to fund a lifestyle. I really can’t see how people haven’t started to wise up to her or is it because she has cancer that they are afraid to call her out?

Just keeps reminding me of the Azelea Cain Foundation. Ashley Cain thread on here makes for very interesting reading for anyone interested 👉🏼

And didn’t Captain Tom’s daughter get investigated recently for her part in his charity and swindling money from it or something?

Just seeing they have a thread on here too

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Not to mention Clives big steak dinner last night and the set of him with a big fry up this morning, plenty of money there. The rest of us can barely afford a chippy tea these days!!!

Reactions: 9
The language used has never made sense to me. To be told well over a year ago that it was “aggressive and acting unusually and to get your affairs in order” but to be given a year to live. That doesn’t make sense to me. That doesn’t sound aggressive and get your affairs in order type language. I hope that makes sense.
I would say there is very little of that money left. Sure she said she got the yard tarmaced for Stacey Dooley staying….. who paid for that?
I have said many times to a friend that my heart really does break for her BUT I can’t imagine what it must feel like to be someone in the same situation who isn’t getting all the money and the freebies because they don’t have the followers

Reactions: 8
The language used has never made sense to me. To be told well over a year ago that it was “aggressive and acting unusually and to get your affairs in order” but to be given a year to live. That doesn’t make sense to me. That doesn’t sound aggressive and get your affairs in order type language. I hope that makes sense.
Anyone that I've ever been aware of that was told their cancer was aggressive has generally died within a couple of months (most recently my aunt, who had breast cancer that was successfully treated and then came back and spread – sadly she was gone within weeks). She was also never told 'get your affairs in order' as I'm not even sure that doctors talk that way anymore. Instead she was referred to a palliative care team who took over pain management and set up their house so that she could be at home, etc.

It's also pretty obvious that Jemma and Clive have been using the various fundraisers and donations to fund their lifestyle, as Clive admitted in the Stacey Dooley programme that he wasn't working much. The Mexico clinic costs tens of thousands of pounds, yes, but Jemma has raised hundreds of thousands, only some of which we know about (i.e. via the GFMs and public events).

Some of the income sources we know about/can reliably assume include:
  • Multiple Go Fund Me pages
  • Regular raffles
  • Various paid events (like the party she had the other week)
  • Their car sales business
  • Jemma's tanning and skincare business
  • The regular direct debit donations she's receiving from an unknown number of followers
  • Individual fundraisers other people are doing on her behalf (there was a girl who did a free tattoo fundraiser and she posted a screenshot that showed her depositing over £1000 into Jemma's bank account)
  • Paid promotions for various businesses on her IG (plus probably thousands of pounds worth of freebies)
  • State benefits (of which she would get the maximum if she's considered terminally ill)
  • Life insurance payout (again, if she's considered terminally ill)
Who knows what else?

So where is all the money, Jemma? Why are you constantly crying poverty? And what sob story about 'the haters' will you come up with this time to distract your followers from asking any uncomfortable questions?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.