Jemhow #3 jemma mc gowan

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
From the tone of her recent insta posts I don’t think it’s good news. So devastating, I can’t even begin to imagine how she’s feeling.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
From the tone of her recent insta posts I don’t think it’s good news. So devastating, I can’t even begin to imagine how she’s feeling.
I really hate saying this though, but what did she expect? I know Mexico probably engraved in her mind that she'd be all clear so they'd get more money.
It's really sad all round.
Mexico was never going to cure her, no matter what she said or they said.

Reactions: 10
I really hate saying this though, but what did she expect? I know Mexico probably engraved in her mind that she'd be all clear so they'd get more money.
It's really sad all round.
Mexico was never going to cure her, no matter what she said or they said.
I wonder if this outcome will make her desperate to get back there? Or she’ll maybe realise/accept time would be better spent with family rather than travelling out there?

Reactions: 4
I think she will go back to Mexico. She has improvement in some areas and she'll put that down the protocol.
I feel sad for her and her family. She's so young.

I feel so bad saying but I just sense another GFM incoming because it's probably going to be private chemo and somebody will have to pay that.
Don't get me wrong, such a sad situation, but it's gonna rack in a lot more money.

Reactions: 6
Such a sad story without a doubt.
I wonder if she had the scan done 3 months ago would things be different?
aggressive and acting strangely from the start...well couldnt that now equal some tumours reducing and new ones growing ( meaning the norm would be they always grow).
If mexico offered her new treatment she would jump at it and happy to gfm some more to pay for it (if there is actually any need for more money?)
I wish her well but hope she doesnt think mexico is going to save her.

Reactions: 2
Maybe I’m completely reading it all wrong but I thought her news all in all was positive. I know she was given some devastating news about the tumor in the spine (which obviously means she will ultimately be in a wheelchair down the line) but they are offering her treatment which they weren’t prepared to do a year ago so they must think there is a good chance of prolonging her life. It’s all very easy for me to say though, I’m not in that situation x

Can anyone please sum up what she’s saying? She takes so long to get any actually statements across I can’t watch and give up!

Reactions: 2
Maybe I’m completely reading it all wrong but I thought her news all in all was positive. I know she was given some devastating news about the tumor in the spine (which obviously means she will ultimately be in a wheelchair down the line) but they are offering her treatment which they weren’t prepared to do a year ago so they must think there is a good chance of prolonging her life. It’s all very easy for me to say though, I’m not in that situation x
I dont think its her oncologist here thats offering this new chemo. It's London which I take to be private chemo.
I didn't really understand the stories. The good news seems to be that some of her cancer hasn't grown as much as they expected and the bad news is that there are new cancers ie tumour on spine and her lungs have a new spot.
I dont know how to feel for her. She seems to take it that Mexico is what's helped some of her other tumours so she will go back as planned, she just doesn't know when.
I would feel that Mexico has done nothing if it didn't stop new tumours from appearing. If it can't stop new ones then how can it heal one's that are already there?

I totally understand her grasping any positives and clinging to them. I would too.
I really do hope that this chemo whether it's private or NHS, will be positive and will help her secure extra time with her family.
I dont think Mexico is something she should invest time and money on again but I understand why she wants to.
What I do know is that I watched her stories and my heart was breaking for her. For all of them.

I often wonder if Stacey dooley has stayed in touch with her

Reactions: 13
Sadly , irrespective of whether some of her tumours/ mets May have shrunk , the fact that she has new tumours in new sites means that she has progressed (RECIST radiographical definition of progression used when measuring tumours is the appearance of ANY new tumours)

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I don't believe that the Mexico clinic (or 'protocol' :rolleyes:) offers anything more than a placebo effect at best, but if anyone here has a medical background I'm curious as to how any of her existing tumours could have shrunk/disappeared given that she hasn't been on any conventional treatment for many months. If she's being offered even palliative chemo again, then her NI medical team must think that putting her through the treatment with all its side effects will be worth it in terms of buying her more time. It all seems to be a really odd situation.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I don't believe that the Mexico clinic (or 'protocol' :rolleyes:) offers anything more than a placebo effect at best, but if anyone here has a medical background I'm curious as to how any of her existing tumours could have shrunk/disappeared given that she hasn't been on any conventional treatment for many months. If she's being offered even palliative chemo again, then her NI medical team must think that putting her through the treatment with all its side effects will be worth it in terms of buying her more time. It all seems to be a really odd situation.
My thought for what its worth is....NHS said at the start her cancer was aggressive and behaving unusually.
And isnt that now what the scan has shown? Unusual that tumours shrink yes...they got that right.
Would things have been different if she never did the protocol? Probably not in my opinion.
Where she wasnt eligible for the chemo before.. that doesnt mean the decision was wrong at that time. Shes now got different tumours that the medics now think the chemo could help with.

Reactions: 7
Different chemos will target different tumours so that's maybe why this one is now an option for her.

Different chemos will target different tumours so that's maybe why this one is now an option for her.
Usually different tumors as in different cancer types. Not in this case.
Her cancer is spreading it's not a new type of cancer.
Re her update
there is zero good news with two new tumors especially lungs and spine.

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.