Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MrsGyllenhall

VIP Member
So… Janet was actually born with a silver spoon…
Her family own a huge estate and vegetable farm worked by foreign workers. She wouldn’t give a second thought to ‘the help’.
This makes me dislike her even more!!When shes at home i noticed yeh the house & grounds show they quite wealthy!

Reactions: 4

starryeyed10

VIP Member
Another problem with press trips is people never say anything negative on press trips so they can remain known as somebody who is "good" to be asked on press trips. They aren't given a contract about what to say but they know they can't say anything "bad" if they wanna be asked again or on others.

Also imagine the basically slave labour needed to clean that mirrored building all day everyday.

instaknobs

VIP Member
I’m guessing long term lease. She’s a turd. Exploiting cheap labour to look at rice fields whilst ordering from gojek

Lucozadelover

VIP Member
I’m delighted serves her right!! Karma is a bitch! I very much doubt she got anything back either I’d say that’s just saving face at the end of the day their law always favours the locals and she doesn’t even own the land it’s on just a long lease so he can always do what he likes with it.

JabberHockey

Is she going to build a new villa? Is this her new business: building villas to let? I really admired her for the unapologetic way she lived her life, focusing on travel & gaining experience instead of following conventional life path of getting a 9-5 job, a relationship, buying a house, etc. Is she just reverting to type now?

G+T

VIP Member
Why are we only hearing about all of this now. At the different points in the year she made most of it out to be OK or never addressed it.

Reactions: 3

instaknobs

VIP Member
The whole lifestyle seems so shallow and kind of sad.
Functional friends who drift in and out of Bali until they grow up.
they never grow up, they just see the new influx of Instahuns moving to bali and then they feel old, mostly because the new wave are younger, thinner, blonder, hotter, more tech savvy, the OG's ( they think they are OGS anyway) move not because they grow up, but because they see they are outdated. when they move back to wherever they crawled from they don't grow up they just move away from Bali.

starryeyed10

VIP Member
I don't really follow her either anymore but I doubt she has said anything about those things seeing as there is literally nothing she could say to defend herself 😹.

And I don't think she has much of a background working in journalism... she was a TEFL teacher in Korea, probably straight out of college or soon after. Unless she counts her blog as journalism! Travel journalist I guess?

Also I'm so surprised she went back to Mexico after she ranted about the place so much the whole time she was there before. She seemed to hate the place.

Imcurious

Everything about this one gives me the absolute ick. She is clocking up countries just to say she has visited them. I’d say she is miserable and thinks that all this travelling is making her life look fulfilling. It doesn’t

gossipie

Chatty Member

Conveniently forgets travelling to Mexico and catching Covid, and also her little property empire in Bali