Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

lexipro

She is a fucking bellend and has absolutely no morals and treats locals without dignity or respect. She caters to bellends just like her who use their money to exploit locals in weaker economics who are economically / socially disadvantaged and countries torn by war. It’s social media genocide..... anything for a quick picture or video of these people. You should be asking for consent. People who have no money can’t consent to pictures. They are agreeing to things because they think it will provide a meal for a day! Just like we don’t take photos of kids in parks, you shouldn’t be allowed to travel to foreign countries and make any content with people. There needs to be international law protecting local human beings from white privileged cunts.

Reactions: 16

Fitfan47

Her comments are limited now of course. I also find anyone bragging about how cheap third world countries are sick. Live on their wages then for a month and see how you fare

Reactions: 15

brandambassador

VIP Member
Does she realise her showing her ‘villa build’ is complete exploitation every day? Oh I got all of this furniture delivered for just €8… the women she showed lifting / moving the bed and her videoing it. Jesus Christ I know that’s the way they earn money but you don’t need to absolutely show it off like that

Reactions: 14

starryeyed10

VIP Member
Bullied in print media and a celebrity in Iraq. Wow. I'm speechless. She's delusional.

Also she doesn't own a home in Bali. She has a long term lease and the rules could change for any of that stuff over night.

I presume the highest paid influencer gigs were the ones she was written about in the media for her shady behaviour 😂. Yes, Janet, they were the highest paid for a reason. Probably Syria and Saudi. If she cried herself to sleep for a month over that but didn't gain any perspective or accept any responsibility for her actions then I have no words. It's just "bullying".

And it's interesting she is clearly still mad about how the owner built a new gaff beside her which wasn't part of their deal. He obviously tricked her and was gonna build it all along 😂. She tried to pretend she wasn't mad and knew it was the reality of doing business in Bali. But she clearly doesn't know the reality of doing business there. If she wants local people running around after her, cleaning her gaff and hanging up her pictures for her, she will have to accept the other realities that come with all that. She's always take take take.

Reactions: 13

kittyinthecity

Her Saudi Arabia trip is massively giving me the ick. It's one thing to go to countries like Saudi to see them with your own eyes, meet people on the ground and experience the culture. But getting paid by the Saudi government to promote it, given all we know about the human rights violations there, is unconscionable.

Reactions: 13

Madamex

VIP Member
I unfollowed her when she was asking for people to give her money so she could continue with her content.

• Wow
Reactions: 12

gossipie

Chatty Member
I’m guessing long term lease. She’s a turd. Exploiting cheap labour to look at rice fields whilst ordering from gojek
So… Janet was actually born with a silver spoon…
Her family own a huge estate and vegetable farm worked by foreign workers. She wouldn’t give a second thought to ‘the help’.

• Wow

onianna

I unfollowed her when she returned from Bali and moaned the whole time about being back in Cork. She was living in a beautiful home with her parents who seem to love and care about her. Her failure to check her privilege was unbelievable - being able to travel home, having a safe place to stay, having family around during lockdown etc. Drove me nuts.

MrsGyllenhall

VIP Member
Ok..so her trip to Sri Lanka in July should never of gone ahead..advice from most governments was not to travel there as there is a civil war there at present..know of a handful of people who pulled out because of this & Janet refused to give them back their deposits..so no wonder she can build her fancy villa👀👀

• Wow

a2343

I started following Janet around the time she did the trans Siberian and thought that she offered something different and much more engaging than your standard travel influencer. Needless to say, I lost interest during covid with the way she acted by coming home, complaining non stop about how this had impacted her life and then taking off again as soon as she could get a seat. It’s unfortunate as I thought she was one of the good ones.

Reactions: 11
Ok..so her trip to Sri Lanka in July should never of gone ahead..advice from most governments was not to travel there as there is a civil war there at present..know of a handful of people who pulled out because of this & Janet refused to give them back their deposits..so no wonder she can build her fancy villa👀👀
I felt so uncomfortable watching her Sri Lanka stories. It just screamed ‘white privilege’. The amount of people who can’t even get petrol to work, yet she’s able to by swanning around on a tourist visit. Just because there’s loopholes doesn’t mean it’s ethically right to do it. Same with lots of her other visits.

I followed her recently so I’m a bit naive with the controversy surrounding her over the years though. Is anyone able to do a roundup please?

Reactions: 10

Annie1

Just stopped following her, the ‘came home to my picture being hung’ was just the end. Like can she not do anything herself, she constantly uses cheap labour for everything!!

HiddenValley

Chatty Member
The new villa with the massive windows so that she can sit on the toilet and watch people slaving away in the rice fields 😳

HiddenValley

Chatty Member
A few years ago she met some American lad and the two of them decided to travel the length of Africa by public transport together. Anyway they got to like North Africa and he had a change of heart and left her and instead of carrying on with the trip she just flew straight to South Africa. It pissed me off because she was going on for months about it and solo travel etc etc and then at the very first hurdle she gave up.

• Haha

starryeyed10

VIP Member
She is such a fucking dickhead. I am glad she has a thread now cos she has done so many questionable things over the years especially throughout covid.

Also she is not even good at travelling. All she did was moan and cry when she was in Mexico.

I dip in and out of her stories so haven't really been following her building a gaff in Bali or whatever she is doing. Same girl who asked people for donations like a year ago so she could go travelling and show us the world. She was doing us all a favour by travelling apparently. LOL. The entitlement is actually hilarious. Definitely must have grown up spoilt.

Also she fled Bali when covid happened. Hardly a well seasoned traveller. Not willing to suck up the reality of the place she lives in but willing to take take take the cheap labour etc. She is a modern day colonialist.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Cantstopreading

Chatty Member
I haven't followed her stories in a good while. Did she really?? I'm v shocked at that, terrible behaviour. The Washington Post article didn't show her in great light, surprised she hasn't addressed it.
I'd love to see her address it. She gets bould enough over things 🤣 she was as thick with the drama of naming her Villa and people responding to her telling her what it meant is Spanish.......wasn't it something to do with ladies of the night 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 9

HiddenValley

Chatty Member
Do they not have insurance out there? Surely if your having a baby it’s the least responsibility you’d be expected to take on to make sure your insured in case there was any complications or do they all live in the clouds
That is one of my biggest bugbears. These people who decide to "live differently" and want to have no responsibility but when the shit hits the fan they want everyone else to bail them out. If you can't afford travel insurance, you cant afford to travel, end of.

• Heart
Reactions: 8