Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

starryeyed10

VIP Member
Oh no the local farmers burning their rice fields is messing up the photoshoot of her villa...... does she hear herself?

Reactions: 6

starryeyed10

VIP Member
Same. Press trips in general give me the ick. They show no realness or what is like to travel in a country independently. No practical tips.

She is so shameless.

Built from exploitation and taking the devil's money tourism washing some of the grimist places on earth.

There was even an Washington Post article about her. Janet made Syria look all.sunshine and lollipops.

No thanks. Try build some houses in Ireland Janet let's see how ya go.

Last edited:

Lucozadelover

VIP Member
Do they not have insurance out there? Surely if your having a baby it’s the least responsibility you’d be expected to take on to make sure your insured in case there was any complications or do they all live in the clouds

OhhBacon

VIP Member
The whole lifestyle seems so shallow and kind of sad.
Functional friends who drift in and out of Bali until they grow up.
When she panned the camera round in the bar there wasn't a single local in there. It was all westerners. There is zero effort to get to know people who grew up there, learn about the culture and lifestyle.
It is just a cheap place to abuse for most of these 'digital nomads'!

gossipie

Chatty Member
When she panned the camera round in the bar there wasn't a single local in there. It was all westerners. There is zero effort to get to know people who grew up there, learn about the culture and lifestyle.
It is just a cheap place to abuse for most of these 'digital nomads'!
That video felt really seedy and exploitative, and they weren’t exclusively young people, to instaknobs’s point.

Janet seems to be building / has built a really nice travel business and I do like her content in general, but that whole scene in Bali feels like it will age like milk.
---
That video felt really seedy and exploitative, and they weren’t exclusively young people, to instaknobs’s point.

Janet seems to be building / has built a really nice travel business and I do like her content in general, but that whole scene in Bali feels like it will age like milk.
Quoting myself as I just saw her story about cows milk 😁

Re. The builders barefoot or in flip-flops - it all comes across as Western exploitation, I’ve observed the same when travelling to Asia for work and meeting ex-pats. The safety standards that we have in the West don’t apply, and nobody cares, those lives are cheap. Nothing Janet can change I know, just part of the overall situation.

But if I were Janet I would look at the tone of her content so avoid any hint of arrogance or exploitation. It may do no harm to get involved with a local charity also and give something back. Cribbing about the cost of the facial (still about 30% or less than you’d pay in Ireland) comes across as mean; I’m sure those organised trips come at a premium price.

Last edited:

Kingsway

I’ve just seen the story of the tour group in the bombed out Saddam Hussein palace in Iraq singing ‘By the rivers of Babylon’ and I am absolute gobsmacked. So outrageous on so many levels

• Wow
"The view" No Janet it's where real people make a living to feed their families. The same locals that you pay fuck all to for services. How dare their livelihoods interfere with your "dreamy" photoshoot.

Geebag.
Exactly, these cretins who let's call a spade a spade are nobodies in the real world and full of inflated notions of self importance fuelled by Instagram likes view themselves as some kind of higher power than the locals who have been there for generations.

Disgusting.

• Heart

missiemoomoo

VIP Member
Ok..so her trip to Sri Lanka in July should never of gone ahead..advice from most governments was not to travel there as there is a civil war there at present..know of a handful of people who pulled out because of this & Janet refused to give them back their deposits..so no wonder she can build her fancy villa👀👀
I haven't followed her stories in a good while. Did she really?? I'm v shocked at that, terrible behaviour. The Washington Post article didn't show her in great light, surprised she hasn't addressed it.

Indonesia is a red flag country to invest in! Janet should maybe do a good old fashioned PEST analysis before she spends money like it's going out of fashion.

MrsGyllenhall

VIP Member
Does she realise her showing her ‘villa build’ is complete exploitation every day? Oh I got all of this furniture delivered for just €8… the women she showed lifting / moving the bed and her videoing it. Jesus Christ I know that’s the way they earn money but you don’t need to absolutely show it off like that
Ah but dont forget her driver charged her €20 to drive to Ubud..1.5 hours each way & spend day filling car with things for house..& she gave him a whole €32!!!

• Angry
  • Wow

candyfloss99

VIP Member
Has she addressed the deeply concerning issues raised by the Washington Times about being funded by a despotic government to promote Syria? I would imagine the same situation is probably true of Iraq too.
No of course she hasn't. She's a white saviour don't you know, she can do no wrong.

gossipie

Chatty Member
Another fundraiser for a dear friend 🙄 probably didn't donate herself at all
And a relatively small amount - you’d imagine the Bali ‘besties’ would rally around and not leave one of their own literally begging online… just shows how shallow and flaky the whole lifestyle is.
Hope the mother will be able to support the new baby considering she can’t handle a small, not entirely unexpected, medical bill…
Seriously, life guru, living her best life in Bali, gets pregnant and not a penny saved for the associated costs, emergency aside. Then to add insult the best friends wouldn’t throw in a hundred or so each???

Reactions: 5

starryeyed10

VIP Member
Yeah wtf? Same person who asked people to fund her travels and everyone to give her the price of a cup of coffee....

• Angry
Reactions: 5