James Smith PT #3 How (not) to be a James blunt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh I so understand that. That's why he use to charge 240 a month and only take on like 20 people.

Just he makes out its similar to that now. And it isn't. He's only really about once a week and then it's a group zoom. You can check in on the website and the only way he even knows what you're doing is if you don't check in and he 'calls you out' which is just writing your name on a list on the group. 🙈

It's like JSA, once you're in you rely on other members. Which doesn't work when there's very clearly the popular group and then those of us that aren't flirting or begging for attention basically get left in the lurch
Oh it wasn’t a criticism of you at all, it’s more that they’re advertising a product they’re never going to be able to supply, it’s false advertising at best

Reactions: 3
The trouble is personal only works small scale, you can’t do personal for 1000 members at once, you’d probably struggle to keep that personal connection with 100 people at once. As a business model it can’t work.
That's why I think so many coaches who go online get greedy. My old PT keeps his business happily running at less than 50 clients with a mix of 1-to-1 and small groups. My current coach does the same with a couple of us getting extra workout plans. When you start taking on the sheer number of people James does there's no way you can give the same level of service and interaction that PTs who keep their numbers "small" (or small in relation to online coaches with cookie cutter plans).

Reactions: 6
I’ve never tried his plan so I don’t actually know but I follow James Middleton on Instagram and he has an online training program. I don’t think it’s crazy expensive and he seems very nice, cheeky without being really rude and also gives recipes. You could try him? Unless anyone has heard differently.

I’d suggest typing into IG hashtags things like #nutritioncoach #weightlossjourney #onlinecoaching etc and shop around..
There are some great coaches out there who focus on 1-1 without all that false insta/influencer hype who will be much more deserving of your money
Good luck!
I'd suggest someone like youfituk. A grown up who is a retired professional sportsman, down to earth and with plenty of fitness and life experience. Pretty much everything the likes of James and Diren wished they were.

Still on the hook for the book, can’t find the email to cancel! Oh well I’m sure I’ll learn something, something along the lines of past me was an eejit!
So the latest shared extract doesn't inspire you? LOL!

Make a choice between being a stressed millionaire or someone with an average salary and a good work/life balance. If only life decisions were that easy!

Didn’t someone say he’ll be quoting Lucy lord next? Well this mornings email he has 😂 James you so read here and it obvs bothers you that much why don’t you stop being such a twit? I really don’t get how someone who plays video games, loves to wrestle his mates, wears Speedo’s, and has a girlfriend practically hanging off him at every given opportunity can dare write a book about life? He’s acting like he’s 15 😂 and he has the audacity to tell joe wicks to stay in his lane 😂 honestly he gets more wankerish daily 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 21
TBH, how he lives his life is his own choice. If he's happy then fair play. Maybe he could own a few of his choices a bit more, eg he wears speedos because he thinks it shows off his legs, rather than nonsense about more freedom of movement. Then again just do what you do and don't explain.

The issue for me is that the life coaching advice comes from a background of being a PT and his own limited life experiences. He has no track record of actually being a life coach who has helped people. 5+ years of being a PT does not give you experience in giving people general career advice. Having no relationship longer than 6 months would suggest he isn't someone to give relationship advice.

His posts seem mostly driven at justifying his lifestyle and also his opinions, which are often very blinkered, purely black and white and lacking nuance. He doesn't seem to distinguish between financial security and chasing money. Probably because he's never had to really worry about the former.

The view that millionaires work harder than those who earn an average amount of money is also very blinkered and clearly comes from someone from a very comfortable middle class background. Perhaps he should widen his horizons if he wants to give general advice.

Just because he is a social media influencer and has a lot of followers doesn't mean he has much to say or is an expert on life.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Did anyone see on his recent worry giving advice to a guy in his early 20’s saying ‘you can do literally nothing with your life fo the next 5 years, absolutely nothing, and still become extremely successful’

WTF 😂🤯

edit - 18yr old

• Haha
Did anyone see on his recent worry giving advice to a guy in his early 20’s saying ‘you can do literally nothing with your life fo the next 5 years, absolutely nothing, and still become extremely successful’

WTF 😂🤯

edit - 18yr old
I think he's said similar things in the past about doing anything/nothing in your 20s and it doesn't matter long term.

It might work for some people, depending on what they want to do long term, but I'd worry for those who do, get their 30s and find they are starting entry level jobs and struggling financially when they have more responsibilities.

I look back at the groundwork I put into my career in my 20s and how it's paid off for me and my family in my 30s and, so far, in my 40s. I've had a pretty good time doing it as well!

That's just me though and I was probably doing it wrong as that isn't what James has done, and his way is the only way, isn't it?

Edit - maybe I'm a zebra and not a horse, or whatever.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
If you was going to buy a house you'd of bought one by time you was 25? Really? That maybe applies if you work, have zero outgoings and live at home with mama. I left home at 16, worked my arse off even though I have 2 kids by myself. Bank wants down payment of 40% before they'll give me mortgage! Not going to manage that whilst renting and paying bills! Oh and I have ZERO debt and a fantastic credit score... it's cos I am a 27 year old single mum. That's it.

bleeping privileged dick

Reactions: 5
BEB70C9D-5990-4585-9115-D3EBAD986DCA.jpeg

This makes me laugh considering James spends so much time spouting tit he read in peoples books as if he came up with it

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Is this an ad for his next book? 🤣🤣
Nah he did a question box and one of them asked if he’d get the corona vaccine. He said yes and got a load of replies from the tinfoil hat brigade saying he was a bollox for “promoting” it.

Nah he did a question box and one of them asked if he’d get the corona vaccine. He said yes and got a load of replies from the tinfoil hat brigade saying he was a bollox for “promoting” it.
Ahhh I was just joking cause I got his first book and it’s a lot of such and such said.. I never finished it and actually don’t know where is it now.

Reactions: 1
Diren’s getting pretty angry and aggressive over a Hermes delivery. Just got flashbacks to that horrible video he sent that nurse! True colours...

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Diren’s getting pretty angry and aggressive over a Hermes delivery. Just got flashbacks to that horrible video he sent that nurse! True colours...
Has he never had a parcel delivered? Their all shocking!! Hermes have thrown a lot of fragile boxes over our back door 🙃🙃🙃

Ahhh I was just joking cause I got his first book and it’s a lot of such and such said.. I never finished it and actually don’t know where is it now.
Same here, I started it and it was sending me to sleep. Not seen it for months

Reactions: 1
Why is anyone asking a social media influencer like James for advice on the Coronavirus vaccine?!?

Jesus wept. No wonder he thinks that he's a font of knowledge for his fans and is qualified to dispense advice on life.

In the valley of the blind, the one-eyed man is king...

Reactions: 6
Yeah I get the vibe he’s really uptight and easily annoyed despite the image he tries to portray

maybe why felicity’s such a walk over when it comes to the way he carry’s on (doesn’t want to step on his toes)

I’ve noticed he likes a lot of other girls pics on IG, I don’t know about recently but certainly for a while he was liking lots of that ‘surfer’ Lucie girl from love island pics

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.