Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

NosyWelshCow

Thread suggestion:
James Smith 4: Wannabe Chess Master, relationship disaster, hair getting thinner faster and faster

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
New here, glad I found this, was beginning to think I was the only one who could see this, when this mob of clowns, frauds and narcissists invaded two of my gyms, and multiplied like Gremlins...

I’ll go into more specific detail, but a quick intro: DK is Plastic Insta~Gansta who makes a living out of being JS no1 fanboy, he exudes beta maleness in a bubble of narcissistic ambition to step on people when they least expect it so he can dream of being the next Joe Rogan. The pseudo-celebrity clique he belongs in has resulted in a trail of gym members around London disgusted with their arrogance while laughing at them behind their backs. Think David Brent: Life on the road and you will understand this lot!

In person, this parasite crew:
FR is painfully rude, only acknowledges ‘worthy’ people and has the charisma of a rotten cabbage. Fake & awkward and yet talks
about ‘being nice/kind’

PO is not the worst, mildly funny, but thick.

JS When he is in the UK, is what you see on the tin. Coked up, juiced up guy who appeals to posh ‘lads’. He has his market, if you fall for it, fair play to him I guess. He refers to his BJJ fighting a lot, yet his record is so appallingly bad, but like any conmen, he make himself seem quite the fighter to those who wouldn’t know (I can break this down another time).

DK: is the worst of the bunch IMHO, total passive aggressive beta trying to be an Alpha. Mildly racist (But claims to hate racism and drops the Kurdish angle when it suits), thick as pig shit, but good at charming/worming his way into freebies or training seven days a week with top athletes, and still being relatively very crap at BJJ...

I follow none of them, and refuse to view their nonsense anymore, if they are going to steal a living, I don’t want to add a single view or follow to it... ...If you see it too, make your votes count guys!

• Heart
Reactions: 36

Steeevo

Just unfollowed him.... shaming people for gaining weight in lockdown and then saying “now to watch the world burn” mate you’re a cunt.... you’re not doing anything revolutionary by telling people do more eat less.... I literally cannot deal with the shock jock attitude anymore. He is just an out an out cunt (sorry for the language but argh)
Isn't this standard James at the minute? When he put on weight, it was there's a global pandemic, team thicc, no one sees you with your top off (unless you constantly get someone to take photos of you after bjj sessions). I'm guessing he's just weighed himself and realised he's lost a bit of weight, so naturally everyone else should and everyone should want to be him.

So lose weight, but not too much weight that you have more visible abs than him, as then you are boring. Do resistance training (though not sure if he goes to the gym any more) but don't get more muscular than him as then you must be on steroids.

Don't pursue money in your work as getting a nice house and car means your a knob, but having money to buy other expensive things, flying business class and randomly paying stuff for your mates (whether they want you to or not) is fine. Look at the knobhead flashing his cash on a car, but praise for me flashing my cash doing xyz.

Let man live, but tell everyone who does something different to you that they're a cunt.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36

duckenergy67

Sorry if OT, this is my first time posting on this thread (I didn't even realise he had a tattle page!)
I've been following James on and off since probably 2016.
I actually bought the first book when it came out and listened to it all through January.

I thought Not A Diet Book would be what it says.. not a diet book. But it actually encouraged a lot of previous bad habits I've had with an eating disorder. Despite being on the low end of a healthy weight; this book convinced me that I needed to lose weight, andI pretty much erased quite a lot of good habits I'd built in recovery. This was my first issue with him. Not saying he is to blame, but he is irresponsible and seems to think his entire audience is chronically obese 40 year olds with no understanding of fitness.

I listened to his podcast because my best friend loved it and always recommended episodes (which somehow ended up being my number 1 podcast in my Spotify unwrapped, sorry Chris and Rosie Ramsey). I actually liked his solo podcasts and thought they were quite decent. Fair Points is where it went down hill for me as a follower/listener. It was like listening to three rugby boys trying to sound grown up.

The constant mockery of Ferris (or Dirren, idk) was frustrating and completely tone deaf to the whole mens mental health movement.

The constant references to drugs and alcohol is ridiculous. Most people have done some drugs and drank a lot, but they don't carry that narrative and story line into their professional work. I don't understand how he can fat shame and bully people into losing weight - yet has no issue with some cross cut white powders jacking up your central nervous system. Also, at the ripe old age of 30? maybe if he was 21, but grow up.

Finally, I don't like this rhetoric he has about not wanting a family, not wanting a wife etc. He's clearly got some deep routed issues, because his entire self worth is based upon how many shags he's had. I'd understand if he was asexual or genuinely not interested in romantic relations, but that's not the case.

Long story short, I never thought I'd dislike him, but here i am

• Heart
Reactions: 35

Dogleggedhat

VIP Member
I fucking hate that phrase ‘if it’s not a fuck yes it’s a no’. Sometimes my marriage is hard,I don’t just walk away from it. Sometimes (most of the time 😂) I don’t want to do housework-I still do it. Sometimes my kids drive me up the wall-I still care for them. Sometimes my job makes me miserable-I stick it out because it provides for my family.

I’m not special in doing those things-it’s called life,being committed and taking responsibility for things,not just walking away at the first signs of trouble or hardship. By all means do not remain in a relationship or job or any situation which is truely affecting your wellbeing or happiness (but realistically this isn’t always possible especially with jobs and the current climate) but encouraging people to just give up when it’s not all rainbows and sunshine is just poor advice and seems so immature.

no doubt plenty of his sad minions are dumping their fellas off the back of his statements and blowing smoke up his arse about how he has changed their lives. Pathetic.

Also that whole ‘if it’s in your mind you must act upon it’ sounds very dangerous to me-not everything in people’s minds is positive-plenty of people have depressing or suicidal thoughts and do not want to be alive anymore-because their life isn’t feeling like a ‘fuck yes’ should they just check out? Maybe I’m just reaching and being dramatic but for all his harping on about mental health he really says some fucking stupid things (but thinks he is saying something really profound)

• Heart
Reactions: 35

Steeevo

Probably need a new thread soon. Below is my suggestion based on the likeness a few people have made about James on this and previous threads.

James Smith #4 The David Brent of Fitness.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34

brandambassador

VIP Member
Did anyone get direns follow up email today apologising for his covid email and saying he messed up 'cause he was on a 'coffee buzz' then still proceeded to sell his shit plan...
Yep! Having spent money trying project X this year my advice is stay away. One weekly group zoom. A group WhatsApp without diren. A group Facebook without diren. One Facebook group with diren but only diren can post so no interaction. All videos etc online & preset cals & exercises. Not once in the 6 weeks did I hear back from him when I sent queries via the daily check in. Such a con. He gets nearly 180 each time to set up. It was €175 that time. He’s making 20k each 6-8 weeks & he’s spitting out the same old shite .

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 33

Slummymummy

Tbf I think Makenna had a lucky escape. He keeps saying he wants a kid but not necessarily be with the mother.
How would that work exactly.
" James what time you picking Billy up tomorrow "
Well you see the boyzz r havin a COD sesh followed by a nerf gun war in the paddling pool so .... if it isnt a fuck yes it is a fuck no .. you know how it is cunt"

• Haha
Reactions: 32

Steeevo

So people who stand on escalators are all "lazy cunts", but presumably people who stand on skateboards rather than walk aren't. Nor those who have afternoon naps. Nor those who spend most of the day on their Playstation.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30

Steeevo

James Smith has gone in on Lauren Goodger again and I have to say....he nails it. Sorry. Seems like he is actually upping his content game once again.
Hope he hasn't called her out on anything that him and his mates have also done.

Would be interesting if he reflected on some of the contradictory stuff he's spouted over the last six months. Fat shaming, but binge eating and claiming to be "team thicc". Telling people to happy with "their rig", but spending loads of money on his teeth and telling people to change anything that doesn't make them happy. Calling out people for being lazy then taking afternoon naps and playing video games all day. Poking fun at people getting an opinion after watching a YouTube video, but then trying to position himself as an expert after listening to a podcast or learning a new word on wikipedia. Taking the piss out of people in a gym fail video, but then getting the hump when people had a go at him. Talking vaguely about mental health during the pandemic when he has pretty much has lived an untouched existence in Oz getting pissed. Having a go at other influencers flogging stuff on social media, whilst flogging his own app, book, etc. on social media.

A cunt who calls out another cunt is still a cunt.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

Dogleggedhat

VIP Member
BEB70C9D-5990-4585-9115-D3EBAD986DCA.jpeg

This makes me laugh considering James spends so much time spouting shit he read in peoples books as if he came up with it

• Haha
Reactions: 28

Steeevo

Tough Love

If you're on social media promoting products, even if they're your own, you're a social media influencer. Without being a social media influencer, you would never have been a No.1 bestseller. Own it.

Number of followers on social media does not equate to how many people you have helped. People follow for different reasons. Donald Trump hasn't helped or educated all the people who happen to follow him on twitter. Maybe show the results of those you have helped. Are there many JSA success stories, or is it all about James?

Calling people lazy when you take afternoon naps and spend most of the day playing video games is a bit rich.

If someone disagrees with you or offers a different opinion then base your response on what they have actually said. Don't extrapolate and make up things that the person hasn't actually said. Arguments can be nuanced and not just black and white.

Working in Fitness First for a few years and being an online PT doesn't make you qualified to be a life coach, especially when you haven't experienced a lot of the challenges that others have. Also life coaching is more than just telling people to copy your lifestyle. If you're telling people to copy you then it looks like you're more interested in justifying yourself than helping others.

Not being able to sustain a relationship longer than six months, suggests you maybe aren't qualified to give advice on relationships.

Needing a tache, big sunglasses and speedos to show that you have a fun personality, suggests you might want to work on your personality and how you're perceived. If you're wearing them because you think you look good, then fine, own it.

Just because you read something on the internet, learned a space fact or listened to a podcast doesn't make you an expert, even if you have a posh voice or are a little bit cleverer than your mate, Diren.

If you want people to believe that you don't care about criticism than simply ignore it. Talking about how much you don't care, makes it sound like you care. Hooves and horses...

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Luckymum

Chatty Member
Some of the thread titles are awesome.

#4 James Smith pisses the bed. Let man live he's losing the hair from his head!

• Haha
Reactions: 26

Steeevo

TBH, how he lives his life is his own choice. If he's happy then fair play. Maybe he could own a few of his choices a bit more, eg he wears speedos because he thinks it shows off his legs, rather than nonsense about more freedom of movement. Then again just do what you do and don't explain.

The issue for me is that the life coaching advice comes from a background of being a PT and his own limited life experiences. He has no track record of actually being a life coach who has helped people. 5+ years of being a PT does not give you experience in giving people general career advice. Having no relationship longer than 6 months would suggest he isn't someone to give relationship advice.

His posts seem mostly driven at justifying his lifestyle and also his opinions, which are often very blinkered, purely black and white and lacking nuance. He doesn't seem to distinguish between financial security and chasing money. Probably because he's never had to really worry about the former.

The view that millionaires work harder than those who earn an average amount of money is also very blinkered and clearly comes from someone from a very comfortable middle class background. Perhaps he should widen his horizons if he wants to give general advice.

Just because he is a social media influencer and has a lot of followers doesn't mean he has much to say or is an expert on life.

• Heart

Bugger.lugs

Chatty Member
Late to the party...was a member of JSA...even premium for a challenge once. Didn't complete it, struggled all the way. I wasn't half naked or part of the popular clique so didn't get any help :')

Unfollowed James ages ago, but kept Diren as I always preferred him. Could never afford 1-1, got neatup247club which was shit (even he admitted it..no refund though lol)...couldn't afford project x...but decided to bite the bullet for project x lockdown, stuck it on my credit card...there is 175 members in the lockdown group. Still very much a feel of populars vs unpopulars. Diren isn't actually about much. Most his 'messages' are passed on by someone else. He takes 3 days to reply to emails and ignored any questions via insta if it's not praising Project X.

I'm struggling and there is zero support. It isn't 1-1 at all like I expected....don't think a refund is possible either so waste of £99.99.... and now after reading here I don't like Diren anymore. :')

• Wow
  • Sad

JohnDoe2020

I am absolutely ashamed to say I liked James. I am a bit embarrassed that I bought his first book and listened to most of his podcast episodes.

one day I was listening to the fair points podcast and I literally stopped and thought to myself “what the fuck are you doing?” and turned it off instantly and never went back.

I thought James was a breath of fresh air to the fitness industry at the start. I always knew he was an arrogant wanker but now he is insufferable.

Also “a secret feminist” 😂

could go on and on....

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Icemaiden01

Chatty Member
This.
I can’t understand how a man of his age can sleep for fourteen hours AND nap then moan about lazy cunts?
I mean it’s easy to think people are “lazy cunts” for standing on an escalator when your idea of a busy day is napping, a dip in the ocean and then playing video games and getting pissed with your housemates every night.... oh I forgot and cutting and pasting an email that’s pretty much a carbon copy of one last week (but without bothering to spellcheck cos “let a man live”) 🙄

Reactions: 24

Gentlemensrelish

Chatty Member
absolutely- you can have empathy and compassion for people who struggled to conceive whilst still having your own struggles with your body after having a baby-it’s not an either/or situation-I mean,he doesn’t say ‘stop trying to lose ten pounds,there are people out there who have 50 pounds to lose who would kill for your body’-everyone’s problems are relative and dismissing someone’s body issues because someone else has it worse isn’t going to solve anything. I understand his point with it ie be happy that you have a mum Tum as it’s a sign you have had a baby-I can love my baby and be grateful for that and still hate how I look.
Haven't read this thread for ages because everyone was being nice about him in the first threads and I think he's a prize cock. And when he talks about stuff like this is when he's at his most annoying. What the fuck does he know about pregnancy, childbirth and the aftermath?

I never struggled to conceive, I just had endless miscarriages before I finally got lucky. And one of the hardest things I found about pregnancy was gaining weight. It was an absolute mindfuck because I was so, so happy to be finally be pregnant enough to get fat and the guilt I felt for being upset about gaining weight was crushing. What helped me was acceptance that people are complicated and can have many feelings and that me feeling sad wasn't stopping someone else getting pregnant. What would never have helped me is someone saying 'well, other people can't have kids, you selfish twat' because for a long time I was one of those people. But someone for who it was easy is also welcome to have complicated thoughts. It's such a messy, confusing time and I think weight and body changes can also be a reminder of the life you lost when you had a baby (which you can be overjoyed by whilst also remembering how nice it was to be shitfaced on a Saturday...).

He also did one on periods where he made an anal sex joke and when people called him out he was like 'I'm jus trying to help you, ladies, be grateful'. Yeah, thanks, pal. Had no idea about periods until a 20-something mega-lad came to explain them to me.

Cock.

• Haha
Reactions: 23