James Smith PT #3 How (not) to be a James blunt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
absolutely- you can have empathy and compassion for people who struggled to conceive whilst still having your own struggles with your body after having a baby-it’s not an either/or situation-I mean,he doesn’t say ‘stop trying to lose ten pounds,there are people out there who have 50 pounds to lose who would kill for your body’-everyone’s problems are relative and dismissing someone’s body issues because someone else has it worse isn’t going to solve anything. I understand his point with it ie be happy that you have a mum Tum as it’s a sign you have had a baby-I can love my baby and be grateful for that and still hate how I look.
Haven't read this thread for ages because everyone was being nice about him in the first threads and I think he's a prize cock. And when he talks about stuff like this is when he's at his most annoying. What the duck does he know about pregnancy, childbirth and the aftermath?

I never struggled to conceive, I just had endless miscarriages before I finally got lucky. And one of the hardest things I found about pregnancy was gaining weight. It was an absolute mindfuck because I was so, so happy to be finally be pregnant enough to get fat and the guilt I felt for being upset about gaining weight was crushing. What helped me was acceptance that people are complicated and can have many feelings and that me feeling sad wasn't stopping someone else getting pregnant. What would never have helped me is someone saying 'well, other people can't have kids, you selfish twit' because for a long time I was one of those people. But someone for who it was easy is also welcome to have complicated thoughts. It's such a messy, confusing time and I think weight and body changes can also be a reminder of the life you lost when you had a baby (which you can be overjoyed by whilst also remembering how nice it was to be shitfaced on a Saturday...).

He also did one on periods where he made an anal sex joke and when people called him out he was like 'I'm jus trying to help you, ladies, be grateful'. Yeah, thanks, pal. Had no idea about periods until a 20-something mega-lad came to explain them to me.

Cock.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Haven't read this thread for ages because everyone was being nice about him in the first threads and I think he's a prize cock. And when he talks about stuff like this is when he's at his most annoying. What the duck does he know about pregnancy, childbirth and the aftermath?

I never struggled to conceive, I just had endless miscarriages before I finally got lucky. And one of the hardest things I found about pregnancy was gaining weight. It was an absolute mindfuck because I was so, so happy to be finally be pregnant enough to get fat and the guilt I felt for being upset about gaining weight was crushing. What helped me was acceptance that people are complicated and can have many feelings and that me feeling sad wasn't stopping someone else getting pregnant. What would never have helped me is someone saying 'well, other people can't have kids, you selfish twit' because for a long time I was one of those people. But someone for who it was easy is also welcome to have complicated thoughts. It's such a messy, confusing time and I think weight and body changes can also be a reminder of the life you lost when you had a baby (which you can be overjoyed by whilst also remembering how nice it was to be shitfaced on a Saturday...).

He also did one on periods where he made an anal sex joke and when people called him out he was like 'I'm jus trying to help you, ladies, be grateful'. Yeah, thanks, pal. Had no idea about periods until a 20-something mega-lad came to explain them to me.

Cock.
Totally agree. While I get what he is trying to say I don't think he has aaaany understanding or sympathy for the reality of the situation. I'm sure almost every new mother out there would love to not feel insecure at all about their new body and just be able to focus 100% of their effort on their baby but that doesn't always happen. Women have been conditioned all their lives to look a certain way, to be able to 'lose the baby weight' at a drop of a hat. That pressure doesn't does disappear because some 31 year old man child says 'don't worry about it mate.' It's just not a helpful answer at all!

I'm not a mother and I would 100% love to be in future however I already think I'm really going to struggle with my body because I have a history of eating disorders. Him telling me I would be silly to care about that is something I already know, that's the whole thing about having body issues! You know that it's destructive and wish it wasn't something that takes over your life but it does! Hence it's a psychological issue that doesn't fall into his black and white mindset.

I used to really like James but it's gotten to a point where he clearly thinks he is a lot smarter than he actually is. He likes to try and use big words that are either completely wrong or in the wrong context, he parrots argument off of people and tries to pass them off as his own by adding a few swear words and what arguments he does make have so little nuance it's really pathetic.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I am a mum, but let me tell you, that doesn’t stop me being a woman first and foremost! His perspective appears to be that our identities are totally eroded by the fact that we’re now mothers (granted, a little bit for the first few years). However I’m still me and I still want to feel comfortable in my body, dress up and look good, feel confident in a bikini. No woman should be criticised or dismissed for that just because she’s given birth.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Social media influencer, who uses social media platforms and email daily to publicise and push his products, is unhappy at being called a social media influencer, but of course doesn't care what other people think about him.

If he wasn't a social media influencer with a following, then he would never have become a Times best seller, which he sees as his biggest achievement. He needs to just come to terms with the fact he is the CFD social media guy, and that's okay.
garyvee was talking to Mathew Mcconaughey and he was speaking about how he was doing lots of romcoms and didn’t want to do them anymore so he realised if he wanted to move on he had to stop what he was doing,so he turned down 14.5million for a romcom and persevered so he could do things he wanted to. If James doesn’t want to be a social media influencer then why doesn’t he close his insta and Facebook accounts and go back to working on the gym floor,after all he always harps on about how if insta closed tomorrow he would happily go back on the gym floor-off you duck then if you don’t like it!

Cock.
Sorry about your miscarriages-I can’t imagine what that must have been like for you-can you imagine hearing James’ ‘advice’ in the midst of going through that trauma-it doesn’t bare thinking about and I’m sure women who are going through what you went through have been scrolling through and stumbled across his post-god knows how that would make them feel.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I used to really like James but it's gotten to a point where he clearly thinks he is a lot smarter than he actually is. He likes to try and use big words that are either completely wrong or in the wrong context, he parrots argument off of people and tries to pass them off as his own by adding a few swear words and what arguments he does make have so little nuance it's really pathetic.
Hit the nail on the head here.

Hit the nail on the head here.
Edit - Just seen the video where he mentions Pi. Classic James for me. Of course he knows Pi to a few decimal places. Standard bullshitter thing to learn or recit a fact to try and show intelligence. Same as the hastily learned "Space Facts" or a half learned concept from a podcast he listened to.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Funny i had just been looking at Martins posts about weight regain and really enjoyed them so I’m a bit miffed with that response (I don’t think he meant it to come across how it did but it doesn’t look great)

Reactions: 6
I get shady vibes from Martin. I used to love following him but something is just a bit ‘off’!

Reactions: 4
I get shady vibes from Martin. I used to love following him but something is just a bit ‘off’!
A few people have said that,I don’t see it myself but I rarely check his page-what are people seeing that I’m not? Is it creepy vibes or just head vibes?

Reactions: 1
A few people have said that,I don’t see it myself but I rarely check his page-what are people seeing that I’m not? Is it creepy vibes or just head vibes?
He's definitely a head and I get creepy vibes of him also. Could never warm to him and his story proves he is a bleep. Could have just acknowledged the lady who pmd him. "I'm not asking you to share my content to make more money" that's exactly what you're doing so you get more engagement don't give us that bull about not about money. He's a know it all arrogant twit. Rant over

It’s defo creepy vibes. Just can’t put my finger on it. Bit sleezy, fancies himself, probably makes inappropriate comments in the office that kind of thing!

Reactions: 8
The lack of respect for simple social distancing is incredible with this lot.

Has anyone seen their latest 'lads' night out?

Reactions: 4

It’s not as much a thing in Australia or so I’m reading! As in it’s not enforced etc

Reactions: 1

Diren and paul Olima were a disgrace last night! Just pisses me off that they think they can do what they want and anyone that questions them or gently reminds them about the pandemic are told they're boring or a troll 🙄🙄 lost a lot of respect for them last night, had to unfollow. I bet there wont even be an apology 🙄🙄

Reactions: 7
Diren and paul Olima were a disgrace last night! Just pisses me off that they think they can do what they want and anyone that questions them or gently reminds them about the pandemic are told they're boring or a troll 🙄🙄 lost a lot of respect for them last night, had to unfollow. I bet there wont even be an apology 🙄🙄
What happened last night??

What happened last night??
Ah there was a gang of them out drinking in pubs, hanging out of each other. Bringing lads home for a sesh that they'd met out and stuff. Just think it's bad form when you've so many followers that are having a tit time of it obiding by the rules and limiting contacts, then these eejits show to hundreds of thousands of people that they think it's ok to do what they want

• Angry
Reactions: 8
It’s not as much a thing in Australia or so I’m reading! As in it’s not enforced etc
It was the London based lads, just as England are heading for another lockdown.

Such stupidity ahead of another lockdown. To be honest, they have had that attitude from the start, as though it doesn't matter if they get it. Which is probably true. But what about the wee Granny behind you in Tesco...who's chances of survival are slim? Just a lack of human decency.

And even if your attitude to Covid isn't a cautionary one, best to just keep it off socials...since no one is forcing you do put it up there!!!

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.