Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

viewtube

VIP Member
You said this really well, agree on all points.

Euuu that brought to mind that time when apparently he came home drunk and was sick all over the downstairs bathroom and she woke up and cleaned it up or something- she's a saint. I have emetophobia pretty badly so you're on your own pal, if that were me.

I so miss those early days, their lockdown vlogs were truly the best.

Now as you say it's quite refined down to the ads and bits they have curated that they think we want to see but really we just like the old stuff. Not sure why they often miss weeks unless they just don't have enough footage? If it's because Clair is overwhelmed and needs a break editing I TOTALLY get it. To me that's a totally valid reason but I tend to agree with you that maybe more spread out every 2 weeks would be better.
Quality over quantity definitely. Claire really does tolerate a lot,he refused to go to the cinema with her and the boys during half term, chose to stay home and sleep,but had happily gone out drinking twice during the week,both times drunk when he got home.

Reactions: 2

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
Oh I didn't know that, must've missed it- don't think I unsubbed but I've been definitely watching other things lately.

I wouldn't have thought he would do that, talk about her I mean. But I'm curious as to what he's said in general, I'll have a look later today.

Has the special already aired? I don't live in the UK. But I can see where he'd be speaking truth there, seeing as the last couple Inbetweeners things that have been done have bit a bit played out and cringe.
It's on his own youtube channel not the 'at home with the buckleys' one. It's a while since I watched it but I don't remember him mentioning Emily.

Starts at 48.24

Telly Fanatic

VIP Member
I switched on the most recent vlog and switched back of straight away the music annoyed me so much, it's a vlog I don't think it needs that intro ..I think their views are dropping

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Still enjoying their vlogs. Interesting James will be in a play.
I just watched the last one and wondered what Clare does? Her sons are at school and I am surprised she does not seem to work outside of the house. She is such a bright woman. She seems to spend all her time doing the washing, tidying, shopping. Or getting the house ready for various festivities ie this time she was 'prepping the house for Christmas'.
I just wonder why she isn't bored rigid sometimes.

Idkk

Chatty Member
Ahh I did a search not expecting to find a thread on them but I’m so glad there is. I absolutely love them. Despite being ~showbiz they’re actually so real and down to earth and in a properly authentic way. You know you get celebs and influencers who act like the common folk but still live in their mansions and pay a team of cleaners etc. James & Clair are just regular people in their family home living normal lives during this lockdown and I’m finding it really refreshing. Also I absolutely LOVE their vibe, with the indie music and Clair with her serial killers and all the pop culture art around the house. Just love them. Have I raved enough 😂 Really hope their youtube rise doesn’t change them.
Well it’s been 2 months and I still think they’re a great family but I don’t think the vlogging game is for them. It’s just not working. It was warm and refreshing at first but it’s just started to feel very boring even when they’re doing something fun.

viewtube

VIP Member
Really enjoyed this week's vlog. I wish YouTube would stop with all the Ads, 8 during the vlog,I know it's YouTube and not the creators who do that

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
That was a good fun blog. James is very funny.
That place is amazing - should be at at least £1000pn 😬

I went down a Those Happy Days wormhole. Not sure what to think at all 😂. The moaning about narrow country lanes in their massive lorry was interesting. And an omelette outside Gavin and Stacey's house. What the hell?

Maid22

VIP Member
I'm not sure how it works now. It used to be down to the creators, but then YouTube changed the rules about monetisation and I think they took more control, so I suppose a popular channel like the Buckley would be a prime target
I don't know the way you tube works, but am sure the folks who put out vlogs get paid for the ads. So 8 ads in an over 20 mins vlogs is alot!

Anicecuppa

I've just found this thread! I've really enjoyed their vlogs, really like how they don't show their boys, not using them like other vloggers!
But am starting to lose interest in them, I have no idea who Joe is, and I think it's abit unfair of them to just miss a week without telling their subs ( they do seem to have accumulated alot of subs in a short while too!)
I suspect they are bored with it already and have better things to do !

Maid22

VIP Member
I haven't seen Finders Keepers - it clashed with The Traitors and I forgot about plus one 🤦‍♀️ but it's had good reviews.
Clare's lip was so obvious from the side, really poking out, head on it looked almost the same.
Her lip was quite noticable!
I was watching traitors as well, but see the series is up on my 5, though I'm not a fan of Neil Morrisy!

leigh213

VIP Member
same!! Danny just... to me he feels very try hard every time. Still a mystery how they ended up so close? I'm not from the UK but I heard they were from the same place? but it seems like they wouldn't naturally have much in common unless they were just trying to rub shoulders with each other. Maybe I just don't know but it's a bit odd to me.

leigh213

VIP Member
I know. I have a theory that in some ways being a female vlogger or YTer has a lot in common with a 1950s housewife. Apart from their cleaning, shopping and childcare is all filmed and monetised.
right?? yet the hypocrisy is ( NOT speaking about Clare here, I have no idea what her opinions are) that many would speak out about social change and call the very same thing they're doing ( just not on camera) oppression.

inkypinkyponky

VIP Member
I do like Claire , but have noticed sometimes she can be really harsh on James. I know in the vlogs it looks like she does everything and he does the bare minimum, but I get the feeling he does a lot more than we see. They clearly have a lovely home, which is down to then bring a team, So I think for them to have the lifestyle they have it's got to be BOTH of them and not just Claire. Let's be honest the new book and even the channel will predominantly interest people because of James, without his name how many people would have started watching the vlogs? I really enjoyed this stag week vlog, it was nice to see him having some fun, instead of moving furniture again lol
To be honest I dont think its unreasonable for her take on more of the chores and child rearing she doesn't have to work.
I get he isn't always filming etc but he is still the employed one out of the two so has mor eregialr commitments etc outside of the channel.
I think she is nice but far from the star of the show. It brings the family feel but it is only successful due to James's character and comdedy/fame. Not a criticism as she is watchable but a vlog on her own would not be good

JoelFizz

VIP Member
They were on Lorraine talking about the podcast. People laughed when she brought up youtube,saying she does all the editing, when it's the first thing they seem to ditch. I wonder if the money from YouTube isn't as good as they expected or they aren't getting enough advertising oppertunities? Monday, Claire posted one of the boys wasn't well,so wonder if there will be a vlog this week?If youtube is as important to them as they claim it is,they maybe better doing either a longer fortnightly or monthly vlog, rather than weekly which regularly seems to be cancelled, that way longer to gather content .
My guess is they'll ditch YouTube completely. They were on Lorraine to promote the podcast, which as an editor I know is far easier to edit than a video. They're making money again now so YouTube will fall by the wayside.

• Sad