Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
The last one was pretty good, would love if they do an Easter special, but I'm sure they'll probably have lots of Easter weekend bits in next weeks.
Love Clair's little plant thing ( the bar above the bed?) in the guest room, does anyone know what that's called?
Yes I enjoyed the last one too. Not a lot happened but that is when they are funniest I think.
Sorry no idea about the plant thing!

Reactions: 2

leigh213

VIP Member
To be fair to her she posted that her black dress was £12:in the Asos sale,she posted a screen shot and not a link,which was a nice change from most of the greedy vloggers who AF link anything they look at. The styling reels seem quite random. I like Claire when she posts normal stuff,especially her love of horror and true crime because share those interests and I also agree, I think their decision not to show they boys faces is so sensible, too many vloggers monetise their kids and inturn put them at risk from potential online bullyingnor predators. The older vlogs are still my favourites much more authentic and natural
my bad, I didn't notice that, fair play
I know she probably has a lot of expensive things but would try to share the stuff that are bargains more so that's good
I've always loved that they don't show their kids and I think that's something they would never not commit to

Idkk

Chatty Member
I don’t think it helps that they don’t show the kids. I think it’s a great decision not to show them and really respect them for it, but it doesn’t work for their current situation. It’s not like “here’s my interesting and fun life, oh and I also have kids at home” — their whole lives are spent at home with the kids so everything they do is with the kids, which doesn’t really leave them anything to vlog. Maybe they should wait until their lives are back on track rather than let their channel drive down all stale now before it’s even begun.

viewtube

VIP Member
That was HILARIOUS. However I can really empathize because I've had some really bad bowel/ stomach issues in the past. Not sure if I experienced what he did but it all kind of gets lumped together ( no pun intended).
Here we have nothing like that ( that I know of anyways) where you can actually call and tell your whole intimate crisis to someone on the phone; I can't imagine being him and having to explain all but hey when you're in a crisis.

Him flinging the hose around on the deck was so Jay Cartwright, my goodness. Him nearly tripping over reminds me of when Jay ran the motorbike into the shop window while trying to show off.
As a nurse,Ive heard the detailed bowel habits of more strangers than I care to remember,so listening to James's account really did make me laugh

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
They were at Chewton Glen again. Was it probably a gifted trip again this time we reckon?
Wonder what James is working on at the moment
Is Chewton Glen the place lots of influencers go to? Zoella for eg. Yes probably gifted I imagine.

I wonder if James is doing Taskmaster. I think he'd be good tbh. They film all the challenges over a few days then the studio stuff comes later.

Teawithnosugar

VIP Member
I can honestly say as much as I like them I've never listened to any of their podcasts (just fed up of podcasts full stop no matter whose it is ive no interest give me a good audio book any day, buts that's a different moan) so i can't comment on the AD situation in that respect but I do love their vlogs and have to agree that this week they dropped ball .

I've seen other YouTubers being loaned cars and they simply refer to it in the same way as they would any other ad maybe a 2 or 3 minutes tops to say thank you, it's a lovely vehicle etc but the Buckleys made a decision that every single minute detail of the car needed showing even down to ice scrapper, bottle opener, the boot !

Basically the arcades and chips was 5 mins and the AD was like 15 minutes the pros do it the other way around in fact sometimes it's so subtle that you don't even mind .....this was like a sledge hammer

i think if I was James I'd reflect on it as if the inbetweeners was 10 mins of the programme 20 minutes of adverts people would be pissed off .
No one begrudges them making a living but there's a knack with ads and they shouldn't be longer than the bloody vlog content .
Its a slip up, just own it guys.
Honestly, I dare you to listen to one of their latest podcast episodes! I would hate to know what it's like for people who don't pay for Spotify Premium and get to listen to even more ads on top of theirs!

• Wow

Maid22

VIP Member
I agree,I think she may,I think she likes the casual side to the vlogging,but I think she will get fed up of being expected to churn out weekly vlogs interviews and merchandise. James is definitely money orientated and I can understand that he wants to make money while he can, but Claire does seem to do the editing and majority of the filming
End of the day this book launch etc, they're making money, good on them, but they'll end up like alot of vloggers, folks will get bored of them!

viewtube

VIP Member
They are really friends. They've been playing games together on Twitch regularly since early lockdown, and they've hung out together more times than has been shown in vlogs.
I know a few weeks ago Joe and his GF were there when James got his tattoo, all you could hear was her shrieking in the background

• Haha

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
They're doing book signings and their paperback is out soon,is it just the paperback version of the book released last year or is it a completely different book?
I *think* I remember them saying there are new and updated bits for the paperback, but basically the same book.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Did anyone see James on The Hit list on BBC 1,thanks to Chris Moyles he got so far. For some reason James looked like he would prefer to be anywhere but infront of the camera
Yes I saw that. He was terrible wasn't he 😂
I never think of him as particularly attractive (nothing awful, just not my type) but he looked really quite handsome on it I thought.

Lucas2018

They’re on the parenting hell podcast this week, I think that’ll be a good episode to listen to!

viewtube

VIP Member
I don't know why but after loving their vlogs I've just lost all interest. I watched one last night, first time in ages, and their new kitchen 😬. Really don't like it. All those bloody bathroom tiles.
I see Tom Draco Felton is now in the play James was in.
Sometimes, I get the feeling James is pushing the social media and vlogging side of things because it's probably a regular source of income and sponsors, but Claire seems happier with a less formal set up. She is good with interacting on IG, but I think James needs to stop pushing her and let her do her own thing, I think she is probably more popular than him with most of the followers. This is just my opinion,but to me it looks like James enjoys being the 'face' and being seen, whilst Claire does lots of the work that isn't probably seen and is more than likely time consuming. I wonder if she likes vlogging or if it's just another job she has to do? After saying that, I do like the idea of Claire having her own true crime channel, preferably without James, so it can be about her and something she enjoys

viewtube

VIP Member
I think it’s always been about money. Personally I don’t find that a bad thing, we all need to make money. As long as a vlog is still entertaining and isn’t just plugging merch or ads 24/7 it doesn’t bother me. I am very surprised they (Clair!) have written a book though! I think it could be a funny read but not something I’d pay £17 for.
On Amazon its pre order for £8.99.I agree we all need to earn to support our families. I really wish they'd go back to old style vlogs, may not of been lots of exciting activities but was a laugh watching them just being a family, this weeks'vlog ', wasn't so much a vlog and more a prolonged Ad for the book and tshirts.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Ah I enjoyed their last vlog.
The ones where they don't really do anything but are both just funny are the best ones.

viewtube

VIP Member
Enjoyed the vlog, only issue was the making lite of Paisley's lump, when Claire said 'it's all falling apart, dead dog, dead grass'. Maybe that's her way of dealing with something serious, just seemed a little callous

viewtube

VIP Member
Did anyone see James on The Hit list on BBC 1,thanks to Chris Moyles he got so far. For some reason James looked like he would prefer to be anywhere but infront of the camera

• Haha

Misssj80

VIP Member
Just been watching a few of their you tube videos and am loving them. Their house is amazing too