Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Maid22

VIP Member
Blimey - I heard he was one of the highest earners on Cameo but didn't know it was that much.
I missed Friday's Masterchef and haven't caught up so don't know how he did. Hope he stayed in as he is funny.
Just what I read on line, hope he's saving it, cos it won't last!

Reactions: 2

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I liked their latest vlog. James massively hungover.
They're talking about some possible opportunity coming up which they 'can't talk about'. Clare said it was something 'you'd totally expect us to do' but may not happen. Hope they're not hoping to go down the reality TV route on 1TV2 or whatever.

Toffee finger

VIP Member
Very confused by this post from Claire,the only thing on the podcast is the 90second teaser they posted last week. Just checked,still no first episode as promised.
That does read like it’s out already but it’s not till the 5th September. James post is clearer -

IMG_1871.jpeg

• Heart

viewtube

VIP Member
This weeks vlog sponsor was hysterical, Hello Fresh,and what do the Buckleys make,Hotdogs and chips, the most basic meal possible. All it told ne is they can't be bothered to cook decent food and too lazy just to buy what they need with their weekly shop. I know it looks like I moan about them a lot,but it is refreshing that they aren't trying to pretend to cook regular meals and use services like Hello Fresh for the most basic meals and how Claire seems to permanently be doing laundry yet that pile on thei bedroom floor never gets smaller. Recently listening to their pod casts and watching the vlogs,I get the impression once the money dries up and James is getting less and less work and their lifestyle changes,I think Claire will leave him. I know thy have a lot of banter,but James hoes out of his way to wind her up, if she's unwell, he has to make it about him. Cooking his own meals(meals fit for a toddler) and not the rest of his family, quite selfish behaviour

viewtube

VIP Member
They were on Lorraine talking about the podcast. People laughed when she brought up youtube,saying she does all the editing, when it's the first thing they seem to ditch. I wonder if the money from YouTube isn't as good as they expected or they aren't getting enough advertising oppertunities? Monday, Claire posted one of the boys wasn't well,so wonder if there will be a vlog this week?If youtube is as important to them as they claim it is,they maybe better doing either a longer fortnightly or monthly vlog, rather than weekly which regularly seems to be cancelled, that way longer to gather content .

Reactions: 1

viewtube

VIP Member
I should have done the math when they were staying at chewton glen to know something was up with gleam. That place is like their unofficial headquarters. I guess when you're their puppet, the least you deserve is a free stay in a swanky treehouse lol.

Maybe so. It seems like a running joke that Clair will say something about " I swear this isn't an ad" and James'll shout "well don't say the name until they're paying us" or something. I know he means it half in jest but I feel like he does really wish they'd be sponsored by more companies. Makes me wonder how much they got paid for something like the Hellmanns ad a while back.
They would be gold dust to companies because they aren't just looking at the vlogging fans but also his fans from his acting career, so they must be able to ask for higher fees than most vloggers

Loveit17

Blake Harrison seems to be having a bit of a career whereas the others can't seem to escape the Inbetweeners' success. Thankfully, James seems more at ease with being known as Jay. Not sure about Joe and Simon though.
I was just thinking about this yesterday, I do wonder what they’re up to now and they seem very private and aside from Friday Night Dinner (I think that’s what it was called?) I haven’t seen them in much else

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Another good vlog last week.
They have really got into their groove content and editing wise. Clare spying on James looking at the lawn 😂
I really think their channel is great.

JoelFizz

VIP Member
I'm probably in the minority here but I can't stand how 99% of influencers/vloggers/YouTube couples will never dare to show a single cross word or a nag or a moan either directly at or about their partner its all 'my handsome rock' or 'my king' or 'our whole world we would be lost without this man'
I love that the Buckleys show being pissed off, being fed up, a man being useless, petty arguments etc
I'm over these huns hero worshiping their men, shit scared to show even a bit of normality in a relationship on camera.
A main reason many YouTubers/Vloggers don't do it is because it invites the "Let's split them up!" brigade in. The people who thrive on drama and want everyone miserable.

Maid22

VIP Member
Am bored so am watching their new vlog, wtf is that green dress Claire is wearing, looks bloody awful on her!!

JoelFizz

VIP Member
I guess since they've been away over the weekend, this weeks video should be more interesting than the q+a last week.
Noticed on IG Clair posted a cute pic of herself and ofc got some creepy crawlers in the comments perving on her. I must say I don't envy her position and it's going to probably get worse. God only knows what she's been sent to dm's.

Also curious ( but also dread it) to see when they show up with Alfie's new Future Self merch on because I know it's coming as James has worn the previous stuff before. I still find it odd they're all friends- it would be interesting at some point just to see how Alfie would even come across if he were ever in a Buckley vlog. Joe surprised me by being the same more or less as his own and Dianne's vlogs so that was quite refreshing I thought.

Maybe they'll have some good content again this summer what with garden parties and that neighbor of theirs that makes the rustic artisanal looking bread lol.
BIB: This is what might stop them from making videos once he gets another big acting gig. I can't see James putting up with it if it gets worse even though it's probably happened to them before as she used to be a glamour model apparently. Clair will catch hell from other people too if she's seen to be encouraging them. I don't envy the position at all.

leigh213

VIP Member
Ugh some men are so creepy and depressing. I don't know how women in the public eye cope with all the pervs sometimes.
Clair is obviously happily married and doesn't need the validation from peculiar neckbeards.
peculiar neckbeards 😂

• Haha

UnknownTattler

VIP Member
Just watched this week's vlog, was good to see bits of the Taylor Hawkins concert. Is James really friends with Joe Sugg or is it just for the vlogs?
They are really friends. They've been playing games together on Twitch regularly since early lockdown, and they've hung out together more times than has been shown in vlogs.

Kit123

VIP Member
Has anyone seen the news about the Emily Atack/ Inbetweeners Special thing involving James? I have to admit this has changed my view of him a lot because he's come across a bit whiney and arrogant if he really did get her booted from that on his own. I did read that some others didn't want her involved but idk how true it is.

I, by chance, came across that in the Emily thread and now I'm wondering if I read him all wrong.
He did a video on his YouTube explaining how bad the special was. Didn't mention Emily though.

leigh213

VIP Member
I know they need to make money and no issue there, we all do. But I think somehow if they had just kept doing ads from sponsors like they used to do with all their old charms and casual ( as we say here " piddling") daily things ( and they still do this, just not as much maybe?) but without the management from Gleam, I think it would have been favorable. But you know to give them credit, it is REALLY hard to start the youtube thing and not fall down a path of pressures to be this and that and I think you get so used to comparing yourself to people in other lanes that you become more of a perfectionist/ editing things too much or posting things you think will be seen better etc. And I say that as someone who was just some small town person trying to do a channel lol while they're at nearly 200k so I can't imagine the pressure there.

I wish I didn't feel so bothered by ads though. Like when it comes to instagram, just the seeing more and more of them makes me feel like whoever the person is in question is starting to sell out and that always lets me down. I hope not in their case.