Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

leigh213

VIP Member
Has anyone seen the news about the Emily Atack/ Inbetweeners Special thing involving James? I have to admit this has changed my view of him a lot because he's come across a bit whiney and arrogant if he really did get her booted from that on his own. I did read that some others didn't want her involved but idk how true it is.

I, by chance, came across that in the Emily thread and now I'm wondering if I read him all wrong.

• Wow
Reactions: 2

leigh213

VIP Member
I found this weeks vlog strange,it almost felt as if it had been thrown together because they had to post something. There was no mention of Claires birthday last week. The whole business of the book seems like a bit of a con rereleasing the same book,12 months after the original release, in paperback maybe adding a new chapter ,but essentially the same book. I wonder if people will be as eager to pay good money for the same book. Since they took on a management team their content seems a lot less natural. Also they rarely do outros anymore just abruptly end the vlog
I agree, I don't know how much more success they can milk out of the book than they've already had. After seeing a few random ads from them on IG and a reel of Clair advertising some jewelry earlier in the week, I wasn't very excited to go watch the vlog like I used to be anyways.

Maid22

VIP Member
Definitely. They seem so much more relaxed and natural with their neighbours. I'm afraid Danny Dyer is just irritating trying to play the hard man all the time
Never been a fan of Danny Dyer he just pretends to be a hard man but I remember when he hosted Deadliest Men, a bloke turned up to confront him, and he ran off like a baby, so scared, was hilarious!!

• Haha

Tatooine_legend1

VIP Member
Jay from the Inbetweeners was such a great character. James hit the jackpot landing that role. Fair play he acted the part perfectly, but without that role James would be just another actor.

I'm not saying that in spite of anything, because I'm a fan of him and Inbetweeners. But what I mean is he got very fortunate with that role because it's led to him making a great living directly and indirectly from it.

leigh213

VIP Member
They were at Chewton Glen again. Was it probably a gifted trip again this time we reckon?
Wonder what James is working on at the moment

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Not really capturing quite how bad it is but that Alfie Deyes merch is so fugly and unflattering.

Screenshot_20221101_062850_com.google.android.youtube_edit_3304365384619226.jpg

viewtube

VIP Member
Yeah they’ve had a perfect draft for ages! I think if people drink too much having it in their homes then you can’t blame perfect draft for that, it’s up to people how they use a product or how often but that’s terrible about VW! They said at the end of this weeks vlog that they have an exciting sponsor for next weeks vlog so they’ll be out and about doing things so I reckon that’s where we’ll see the VW!
I agree about the perfect draft and people being responsible for how much they drink. As for the car,they claimed they had it weeks ago,but then I suppose the vlogs haven't been as regular,so potentially we'll be seeing footage filmed a month ago.They need to be so careful advertising VW,we've now foundvout that VW have known for nearly a year that a number of their electric vehicles have faulty batteries,but have failed to recall them,ours has been off the road just over 9 weeks,others since June

viewtube

VIP Member
I'm starting to get irritated by Claire tbh.
The constant shrill shouting at James. I genuinely don't know how he sticks it.
I wouldn't be surprised if theres no vlog this week,she posted on IG that she wasn't well. I do think James comes across as quite laid back,probablythe only reason she does it so much. My partner also commented on the way Claire shouts at him and talks to him,not sure most people would put up with it so publicly

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
Still enjoying their vlogs. Interesting James will be in a play.
I just watched the last one and wondered what Clare does? Her sons are at school and I am surprised she does not seem to work outside of the house. She is such a bright woman. She seems to spend all her time doing the washing, tidying, shopping. Or getting the house ready for various festivities ie this time she was 'prepping the house for Christmas'.
I just wonder why she isn't bored rigid sometimes.
I imagine 'vlogging' is now her job and will take up a lot of her time.

bunnyhun

I guess since they've been away over the weekend, this weeks video should be more interesting than the q+a last week.
Noticed on IG Clair posted a cute pic of herself and ofc got some creepy crawlers in the comments perving on her. I must say I don't envy her position and it's going to probably get worse. God only knows what she's been sent to dm's.
wasn’t clair a glamour model years ago? She’s probably used to the creepy comments, although that obviously doesn’t make it okay

MeghanSnarkle

VIP Member
Well, that latest vlog was disappointing 🤦🏻‍♀️

Can’t help but feel a bit gutted for their own home video reasons though. I’d be devastated if the record of such an experience was wiped out 🥴
Yeah I love Clair and James but this weeks vlog wasn't needed 😂
I think they should of come back with a bang, nice well put together fun vlog on a positive note im guessing James having an AD they had to cobble something around it bless em they did own the fact it was crap though so fair play.

viewtube

VIP Member
I don't know the way you tube works, but am sure the folks who put out vlogs get paid for the ads. So 8 ads in an over 20 mins vlogs is alot!
It was ridiculous, I expect ads but every few minutes seems unusual. Like you said a 20 minute vlog averages every 2 to 3 minutes

viewtube

VIP Member
yeah this is starting to grate on me. Have you noticed the clothing reels Clair has been doing the last couple weeks? Surely those are all for ads or for the sake of click throughs or something too?
To be fair to her she posted that her black dress was £12:in the Asos sale,she posted a screen shot and not a link,which was a nice change from most of the greedy vloggers who AF link anything they look at. The styling reels seem quite random. I like Claire when she posts normal stuff,especially her love of horror and true crime because share those interests and I also agree, I think their decision not to show they boys faces is so sensible, too many vloggers monetise their kids and inturn put them at risk from potential online bullyingnor predators. The older vlogs are still my favourites much more authentic and natural

UnknownTattler

VIP Member
When there was that Twitch leak a few months ago which revealed how much streamers had made, I looked up James and he had made $178k in the last two years, so he does alright out of it.

viewtube

VIP Member
^^ She does post on IG sometimes pics and videos of James working hard on the lawn and it's evident that he cares a lot about it and it bothers him when things aren't right. What comes to mind is when he's done steaks/ bbq's a couple of times that haven't turned out and he stays bothered for the rest of the evening that others didn't get to enjoy it. So I think behind his witty and comical exterior, he does really care and so I'd also be hard pressed to believe he doesn't work or help around the house.

Also agree, the stag weekend was hilarious and I about died at the murder mystery getup he had to be in and the Robin Hood comments.
Definitely I get the feeling that when he does a job he likes it to be correct, or like you mentioned it seems to irritate him

Tifastrife

VIP Member
So there’s an old Podcast that Q and Sal from Impractical Jokers used to make called What Say You. Claire and James are on episode 38 and it was a really funny episode - recommend it . It’s been a couple years since I listened but I’m
Sure they spoke about how they met etc

MeghanSnarkle

VIP Member
I think James was always in it for the freebies..
I do think it started organically in lockdown with zero expectation because none of us knew what the hell was going on week by week in those days and with talk of him making a million just from quick online messages to people I doubt he was gagging for free stuff to fill their home like your average influencer

However I do think soon there could be some big ticket things cropping up like free exclusive holidays destinations, or maybe even TV projects like a meet the Richardson's thing and then the vlogs would just stop altogether, i always feel with James that he wants a big mainstream telly role again 🤔

• Heart

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
this latest vlog was really good to me, James is always hilarious even by himself, he has back to back funny things to say and it's always effortless

The guys' weekend actually looked really fun and glad he included it all
Yes I enjoyed that one too.
I had gone off their vlogs for a bit - I know this is heresy but Clare was getting on my nerves for some reason.
But yes this latest was good and entertaining.