James and Carys #4 Did you know I'm pregnant?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Both studying maths and both dropped out for Carys’s YouTube stuff I think? Neither of them graduated
Yeah this is pretty much why they quit uni. I don’t know why James dropped out tho as it was just carys at that point - wouldn’t be surprised if she persuaded him tbh as she’s always been dependent on him

Reactions: 2
also thought they were saying eternity but defo sounds like maternity now I relisten 🤣
also James said he thought it was a good time to give her the ring as she is well into her 3rd trimester. she's not even bloody 2 weeks into it! that's not well into the third trimester 🙄
Be interesting to put the auto captions on and see what word it recognises!

Reactions: 5
Hope she doesn’t assume her fingers will go straight back once babies arrived sometimes it’s just how the body changes and it’s the new you boo. Myself included had to get bigger rings in future.
I think that apart from the pregnancy bloating her finger where already swollen due to the weight gain... I think she’ll have to get them resized

Reactions: 8
I said this in the elle thread.. but carys...only ring you should be thinking about is the ring of fire when baby is crowning the shite out of your vajajay!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
The way they go on about her due date too. Like got to get everything done because baby will be here 3rd April.
I swear every video they post she's gained a week in pregnancy even if they were posted 2 days apart.

Reactions: 7
Yeah this is pretty much why they quit uni. I don’t know why James dropped out tho as it was just carys at that point - wouldn’t be surprised if she persuaded him tbh as she’s always been dependent on him
it’s a shame, Maths is a really good degree to have and he comes across as quite clever. They should have done their YT alongside their degree, may not have been able to put as much into it at the time but to drop out is a bit stupid. Grace beverley and Krissy Cela managed to get through their degrees while building actual businesses, james and carys just really do youtube so don’t see how they couldn’t have done both, they don’t seem exactly the party animal type so could have spent time doing it in the evenings

it’s a shame, Maths is a really good degree to have and he comes across as quite clever. They should have done their YT alongside their degree, may not have been able to put as much into it at the time but to drop out is a bit stupid. Grace beverley and Krissy Cela managed to get through their degrees while building actual businesses, james and carys just really do youtube so don’t see how they couldn’t have done both, they don’t seem exactly the party animal type so could have spent time doing it in the evenings
What I don’t get is why James also dropped out? Carys was solo on YouTube then!

Reactions: 5
What I don’t get is why James also dropped out? Carys was solo on YouTube then!
I think because they both moved back home together, there probably wasn’t an option for him to do distance learning. I remember at the time they said they could go back and finish the degree in the future if they wanted to but I can’t see that ever happening. They make more money off Instagram and youtube in a year than I will make in my entire lifetime 😭

Reactions: 3
I think because they both moved back home together, there probably wasn’t an option for him to do distance learning. I remember at the time they said they could go back and finish the degree in the future if they wanted to but I can’t see that ever happening. They make more money off Instagram and youtube in a year than I will make in my entire lifetime 😭
The money they make, makes me sick.
but you have to remember (and this is what I tell myself), YouTube isn’t forever. One day they’ll have to actually get a job or start their own proper company to keep going (not fitness guides they take down after a few months). Their lifestyle isn’t sustainable. And although I work what feels like 100 hours a week for the bare min, I’d much rather be in my job then be a YouTuber.

I think James should have stayed at uni.What’s a couple of years long distance to get a degree under your belt that you’re already there and paying for.
one day this will bite them in the arse. And it’ll be when they can’t afford their house and their hundred kids 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Still haven’t got that merch I ordered for a family member for Xmas... it’s been nearly 2 MONTHS since I’ve ordered it! I also see comments from others on (mainly James) their instas. They really don’t care and just do it for the money, it’s awful

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Still haven’t got that merch I ordered for a family member for Xmas... it’s been nearly 2 MONTHS since I’ve ordered it! I also see comments from others on (mainly James) their instas. They really don’t care and just do it for the money, it’s awful
They don’t even reply to those comments it makes me sick lol

Reactions: 6
What a life it must be to mention something on Instagram or YouTube and brands instantly sending you stuff you want🙄😂 I swear she only just mentioned her belly being too heavy to go walking and she’s already gotten a pregnancy support band sent to her for free 🙄 it’s really disheartening when most people have to work really hard to buy things like that and she sits on her ass all day gets loads of money and still refuses to buy her own things.

The money they make, makes me sick.
but you have to remember (and this is what I tell myself), YouTube isn’t forever. One day they’ll have to actually get a job or start their own proper company to keep going (not fitness guides they take down after a few months). Their lifestyle isn’t sustainable. And although I work what feels like 100 hours a week for the bare min, I’d much rather be in my job then be a YouTuber.

I think James should have stayed at uni.What’s a couple of years long distance to get a degree under your belt that you’re already there and paying for.
one day this will bite them in the arse. And it’ll be when they can’t afford their house and their hundred kids 😂
This is exactly what I try to remind myself whenever I start feeling crappy about how much people like them make for doing duck all. I can think of a handful of influencers who are sensible with their money (investing it etc.) but people like Carys and James (and Elle and the rest of them) just spaff it up the wall on useless crap with seemingly no thought for what they'll do when the money dries up.

I can't wait to watch it happen! it's already happening with people like the Saccone Joly's who are quite obviously starting to run out of money. You're right, people like Carys and Elle who've only ever known 'influencing' wouldn't last 5 seconds in the real world. I genuinely don't know how any of them will survive because they will 100% not cope with a proper job and people won't put up with their tit.

I like to remind myself that I'm working hard now, paying into my pension etc. so I can have a nice retirement one day (hopefully!). And as much as my job is far from my 'passion', it gives me purpose and I totally agree with you, I wouldn't trade it in to be an influencer for any amount of money. Their lives must be so empty and boring, I would hate it! I genuinely think that's the reason they're both having babies (that, and the content) - they're just looking for something to do! I'm absolutely desperate for a baby but, while it hasn't happened yet, the rest of my life (my partner, my family, friends, job, hobbies) is more than fulfilling enough for me!

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
I'm really flabbergasted with this pair. I know I've said it before, and others have said it before, but they haven't even capitalized on the pregnancy in an interesting way and smart way-like if you're going to do it, do it right. She did two maternity outfit videos, one in the very beginning when she just looked like she ate a burrito and in no means needed maternity clothes, and one where James bought some ugly shite. No offense to anyone who has some of the clothes from that haul lol-I did like the one dress. And they showed us random bits and bobs of baby clothes they received, when they could've saved them all for one video to make it a "one stop shop" sort of deal. I'm sure there will be a "Whats in my hospital bag" video but she unenthusiastically showed us most of that in the "look at this mountain of boxes we received" video recently. I'm not sure if this is maybe an editor job issue? They have outsourced on editing videos, keeping up with finances-which is probably a good thing because I doubt James knew anything about how to save for retirement and I'm sure their accountant or whatever it is, is doing that for them now.
I know people love vlog videos, but they want more than them walking about the house and repeating all the same things. Literally its all the same, the kitchen counter tops are coming in soon, oh the babies furniture is coming in soon, the doors will be painted black soon, guys I'm actually pregnant, guys James is going for a run without me. Theres a million other things they can be doing. I don't want to say I "hate watch" them because hate to me is a strong word. But this is like a train wreck you just can't pull your eyes from. I am interested to see if they will disappear for a couple months after the baby is born because they just have no idea whats coming..and what that might do to her follower count. I can't see them doing bedroom vlogs every week, we all know Carys will not be doing anything but taking care of the baby in her PJs and watching TV for months.
Also side note, I wish they would take a videography class or something. Take some friggin b-roll of tea making, or of your garden, or of Mila being cute. Thats just me being stubborn though. I just like good visuals in my videos. Okay, I'm done...for now :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 25
This is exactly what I try to remind myself whenever I start feeling crappy about how much people like them make for doing duck all. I can think of a handful of influencers who are sensible with their money (investing it etc.) but people like Carys and James (and Elle and the rest of them) just spaff it up the wall on useless crap with seemingly no thought for what they'll do when the money dries up.

I can't wait to watch it happen! it's already happening with people like the Saccone Joly's who are quite obviously starting to run out of money. You're right, people like Carys and Elle who've only ever known 'influencing' wouldn't last 5 seconds in the real world. I genuinely don't know how any of them will survive because they will 100% not cope with a proper job and people won't put up with their tit.

I like to remind myself that I'm working hard now, paying into my pension etc. so I can have a nice retirement one day (hopefully!). And as much as my job is far from my 'passion', it gives me purpose and I totally agree with you, I wouldn't trade it in to be an influencer for any amount of money. Their lives must be so empty and boring, I would hate it! I genuinely think that's the reason they're both having babies (that, and the content) - they're just looking for something to do! I'm absolutely desperate for a baby but, while it hasn't happened yet, the rest of my life (my partner, my family, friends, job, hobbies) is more than fulfilling enough for me!
Bang on there! There are some good influencers out there doing the right thing. Buying properties, businesses, investing. They know while this hype may last a decade or more for some, you never know what will happen.

funny you mentioned the saccone jolys, I watched a video of there’s the other day (first one in maybe a year or so) so it was so.... uncomfortable. How do you know they’re running out of money?

cary and James haven’t made a single smart decision- their last house was a good buy and probably something they could afford to pay for if they had normal jobs but the new house is more than a standard job could afford and I think that’ll be the first to go when this bubble pops.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Bang on there! There are some good influencers out there doing the right thing. Buying properties, businesses, investing. They know while this hype may last a decade or more for some, you never know what will happen.

funny you mentioned the saccone jolys, I watched a video of there’s the other day (first one in maybe a year or so) so it was so.... uncomfortable. How do you know they’re running out of money?

cary and James haven’t made a single smart decision- their last house was a good buy and probably something they could afford to pay for if they had normal jobs but the new house is more than a standard job could afford and I think that’ll be the first to go when this bubble pops.
I sometimes read their thread, I think Jonathan made reference to losing 90% of their income over the past year or something like that, effectively trying to blame it on covid, rather than their massively stagnating channel. There's also been talk of them selling their house, despite previously describing it as their 'forever home', they're suddenly denying that and trying to claim the plan was always to sell in a couple of years. Plus, with all the backlash they're getting from exploiting their poor children, their days of making a living online are definitely numbered.

And actually, Carys and James should let that be a warning to them - we can pretty much guarantee they're going to try and turn themselves into a family channel. That ship has well and truly sailed, people aren't comfortable with influencers exploiting their kids in this way. Yeah, perhaps when the baby first arrives people will watch but I can't see their channel lasting more than a couple of years. I know Carys is just going to keep popping babies out rather than getting a job but honestly, by the time this one is 5 I reckon James will have had to have found a proper job.

Reactions: 11
Most recent vid - why tf would they rate what people have bought them?? Surely just be grateful for the gifts people have actually bought 🙄 seem more grateful for PR lmao

• Angry
Reactions: 17
NEW THREAD SUGGESTION:
Mila’s excited to be a big sis, did we tell you were expecting a little miss?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.