Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Ok - essay alert.

I’ve never posted before but I’ve watched Carys for a long time, and over the past year and a half or so, I just feel as though they’ve changed so much and sadly I’m no longer really interested in watching them.

I really do hope that James and Carys might read here and take what I say seriously. I've commented on videos before and my comments just got deleted.

I have been watching them for around 2 years now and I have also watched their earlier videos when I first discovered them. I found Carys to be really refreshing and engaging.

I think Carys displays a lot of ADHD symptoms. This is much more noticeable in her earlier videos, for example; Forgetfulness, driving back to uni and forgetting key, losing items needed to do a job, unable to filter out irrelevant information whilst telling a story/having a conversation, goes off on tangents whilst talking and forgets to finish sentences, quite disorganised and lives in messy spaces, go through phases of being organised and together and then unable to keep it up and it falls apart and back to being disorganised, very excitable and little self regulation, lots of bouncy exaggerated movement and speech. She also seems to have some amount of emotional dysregulation, where she struggles to regulate her emotions and reactions well and has dramatic responses and dramatic reactions to seemingly normal things. She appears to feel very intensely and deeply. If you watch her video on being a psycho girlfriend and their “ttc” video, she talks about her obsessive behaviours and extreme reactions.

ADHD comes with comorbidities - such as anxiety and depression, particularly in undiagnosed females (females are very under diagnosed and tend to have more inattentive symptoms (internal hyperactivity instead) and be conditioned by society to be less hyperactive with more internal restlessness (not always the case of course). Carys is very open about her struggles with anxiety.

People with ADHD are stimulation seeking (always looking for dopamine hits because of the difference in how the brain functions). They often have lots of new hobbies and fads as novelty creates big dopamine hits, but they may struggle to complete projects once the initial novelty wears off and find new hobbies to meet that need for stimulation.

Carys says she has an ‘obsessive personality’. She has lots of hobbies/fads which give huge dopamine hits, she then loses interest and finds a new 'hobby'. Some of the habits I notice in Carys that appear to be stimulation seeking (dopamine hit) behaviours are:-
Fitness
Crafting
Posting videos/pictures of her very exposed body and receiving positive feedback from viewers
Getting a dog
DIY
Shopping/being gifted new items
Eating out lots
Having takeaways
Renovations
Decorating the house
Decorating the house for different seasons/events
Buying a house
Trying to conceive a baby
Pregnancy
Idea of future baby
Seeking dopamine hits through views, likes, comments online (also engagement helps build her followers and reaches out to brands for being gifted items)

Not being organised enough to do things like meal prep with a shopping list and do a food shop can mean they end up relying on take aways and meals out and this can more or less mask/fix the problem which is really a symptom. Being obsessed with cleaning and tidying one small area of the house when there is actually a huge pile of mess upstairs that needs to be dealt with.

Excessive use of social media exacerbates ADHD symptoms, encourages hyper focus and inattention, constant distractions to keep you hooked on social media and increase anxiety, distractibility.

The things people with ADHD are disinterested in take a hit because they can’t hold their attention well because of how the brain functions. (Part of me wonders if she has handed over responsibility to another person for video editing because she accidentally showed a private area in a try on haul a few years ago and the pervs on Reddit screen grabbed it - their behaviour is abhorrent and sickening).

People with ADHD are usually highly creative and entrepreneurial. She has set up her own business based on herself and her life.

They are also more likely to engage in risk taking behaviour. Such as leaving uni to pursue self employed YouTube career. Always rushing into the next new thing, not thinking things through before making the decision and so having to fix the problem later on.
Choosing to study maths at university (same uni and course as James) when Carys is a highly creative person who appears to have little interest in the more process and procedure side of the business and more on the content and creation.
Rushing into huge life decisions such as decision to buy one of the first houses they saw when there is actually quite a lot that they would like to change about it and hadn’t really considered what that might entail (huge cost estimates due to structural requirements of moving a load bearing wall which has put a complete halt on the idea).
Rushing to have a baby without really coming across as actually having thought about the real life practicalities of having a child (at least if they have had these discussions it hasn’t been posted online).

People with ADHD struggle to have routine and structure and desperately need it but dislike it at the same time. Her lifestyle lacks routine and structure which can exacerbate difficulties of ADHD. She struggles to have any kind of regular routine. She posted a video last year trying to keep up 3 goals, walk Mila daily, cook her own meals and go to the gym. From what they choose to put online, it appears she has struggled to keep that up. She talks about how much routines help her but struggles to maintain them. She said James was up until 3am a few months ago and Carys was still awake?! I get that you can work flexibly when you’re self employed and running your own business but there’s so much research about regular sleep patterns being conducive to good health.

ADHD affects the relationships we choose. Sometimes being in a relationship with someone who makes all the decisions is easier.

I used to really like Carys and James. I found them relatable and interesting. I think over the last year or so (since they married and moved house really) they have become really ‘lazy’ with their content and it no longer appeals to me. I kept watching for a while because I liked them both and I think they were very genuine people at one point but I feel like we have really diverged in our paths in life.

I’m absolutely grafting to earn very little in life but I love what I do and I’ll keep on grafting and hope that I make it. It’s really frustrating to see James and Carys be gifted so much stuff and live such a luxurious lifestyle and it’s really making me feel resentful. They say how grateful they are but they don’t act grateful in their future behaviour (continue to be accepting gifted whopping amounts and spend obscene amounts of money) and I don’t really feel like we have much in common any more, like they’re losing touch with the lifestyle that so many of their followers live. An ordinary and normal non influencer lifestyle! And the fact that they just lap it up with what seems like minimal effort on their part makes it feel even worse.

I think everyone has the right to live in their relationship the way that they want to live, however, I feel as though the way Carys and James’s relationship is has left them really out of touch with reality and with how most people exist in relationships. They are completely co-dependent upon one another, it seems more like Carys is the one who is dependent on James.

I find that Carys seems to make herself out to be a lot more naive than she actually is. I’m unsure whether this is in an attempt to seem ditsy and relatable.

I have inattentive ADHD. I really don’t have a problem with having ADHD, if that might be what is going on for Carys. My issue is a massive change in the type of content they are putting out there, the lack of care towards a lot of their viewers who originally started watching them whilst they were putting out completely different and frankly quite ‘lazy’ content, particularly in light that most of Carys’ followers probably began following her during her fitness days, have maybe stayed around for her personality, but for me her personality really seems to be drifting away from the Carys I feel like I thought I knew, their general attitude about their lifestyle and what feels like lip service in saying how grateful they feel about the financial and societal position they are in. Also their engagement via instagram and tagging brands appears to be a common behaviour amongst influencers in order to alert the brands they are interested in them in the hope that they will be gifted the items they would like. And that really doesn't sit right with me!

What I would really like to see from them (wishful thinking) is:-

Prioritising the quality of their content over the quantity.

A wider variety of content.

Less of the overt showing off of their gifted items.

Less of the obsessive content and take some perspective that the world isn’t revolving around Carys being pregnant ☹

Also why hasn’t she sought help with her anxiety? Her behaviours are not normal and whilst it’s important to self love, let’s be real, anxiety can be crippling, bringing a baby into a world of parental anxiety without having tried to address it via either therapy or medication is in my opinion, irresponsible and naive. To be clear, I'm not saying you can't be a parent if you've got mental health concerns. Just that it would be responsible to work on addressing any mental health concerns you do have.

I feel like I need to step away from their channel because they are going to continue to behave in this way because they are continuing to be reinforced by brands gifting them items and followers continuing to give them views which reinforces the brands gifting items! And I'm feeling more and more resentful towards them for the lifestyle they're living, which just feels worlds and worlds apart from mine, and their relatability was what drew me to their channel in the first place!

• Heart
Reactions: 46

Yukon909

Chatty Member
Starting our baby’s nursery vlog summary for those who don’t want to give them views or cba to watch them (don’t blame you 😂)

6636966A-19A3-49AF-9D0A-8D824587BF44.png

vlog starts with carys cropping James’s jumper that was on her insta story not long ago, she said she doesn’t like things covering her bump and wants to go back to the ‘old Carys way’ of wearing cropped things. Above picture is the finished result... looks... lovely?
C937C40B-6B4A-47EF-9713-9F0F10AD94EC.png

her showing the room before they take everything out, went on a 5 min tangent about getting the doors painted black and that James will come home and take the bed out etc
7AF231CA-E743-489F-A97B-690BCF19030F.png
D3743BD1-4399-4430-BE8A-7C625CA57FAC.png

james comes home (from food shopping I think). Goes on about how he’s bought small bottles of wine and how he likes the small ones so it doesn’t make him drink it all himself (or some shitty joke like that). They then go on to show carys’s new artwork which will go up in the kitchen even tho it’s spelt wrong.
2C7AB08B-25F1-4F17-A5B4-33C17566B86C.png
B2F8F6C1-E6D7-416D-BA75-025B9AAA3B7A.png

showing off some artwork that’s gonna be in the nursery
F186FE18-2B81-4E18-BD9C-51EEE0A30A6E.png

James has taken apart the bed and is tidying up (why are there so many balls in there?! 😂) they said that the mattress is going to their parents (not sure whos) and that the bed frame is going in the attic for now and they will bring down if they end up needing it or if someone in their family need it
5BE9C7E9-6949-434E-9026-B351077CD237.png
1A533423-3972-441D-BFDE-C21786EFE0B6.png

they start colour swatching what looks brown sick on the wall so can’t wait for that to be on the wall for the next like 2 months 😀
4B63DA08-FEED-4282-BD28-CCE4142C135B.png

0BA5EE36-A405-41C6-8F03-DD690899E773.png

showing off the lights and the now empty room...

So yeah if any of you didn’t want to watch it you really didn’t miss out, all it was, was them clearing the room out for half an hour then saying what a long days work they’ve had at the end 😂 I’m happy to make these summaries if people want them btw, considering literally nothing goes on in their vlogs it doesn’t take me long at all to make these 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 43
New to this thread and tattle... I go to the same gym as Carys and James (well when we could go) and they’re so irritating when they’re there, taking all the equipment, constantly filming 🙄 I was on the stair master next to her and all she was doing was scrolling on her phone and videoing herself. I just needed to get that off my chest haha!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43

Nanabananaramagirl

Have you seen her to do list? 🙈 walk dog, send two emails, clean sofa (shouldn’t have got a white sofa if you have a dog and baby on the way idiots), tidy nursery (an empty room), pelvic floor exercises, hoover. Imagine life being so simple. She may as well add eat lunch, wipe arse, watch a film. Not sure why she needs to write these things down them but hey ho, we can’t all live the life of luxury like Carys.

• Haha
Reactions: 39

Yukon909

Chatty Member
WOW. Just saw the thumbnail for the video and they have put on SO much weight. That’s unreal. It just shows that’s she’s not being healthy at all. And IF it is ‘baby weight’ what the hell is his excuse?! His weight gain shows that her weight gain is down to their bad eating and unhealthy lifestyle.
Erm excuse me... THEY’RE PREGNANT. James is also carrying hence his weight gain 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 39

lucysmith0104

I've just unfollowed and unsubsribed from them. I thought when carys got pregnant she'd do cute maternity outfits as she was quite into fashion before but she's just turned into a slob and only wears leggings and tops with her boobs falling out. I never liked James but I absolutely can't stand him now. Everytime he opens his mouth to speak I just want to slap him and tell him to shut his massive gob. And don't get me started on that last video. Who do they think they are? There's people losing their jobs and struggling to feed their kids and they just made a whole video about him giving her a £1000 ring, and for what?! For being pregnant? Millions of women do the same thing every single day. He already got her an expensive necklace and a Pandora bracelet for the baby so I don't know why she needed a ring as well. They're so lazy and spoiled it does my head it. I know its their money and they can do what they like with it but they don't deserve the money they have. They offer nothing of value to society at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Hi Carys, here’s the thing, from one busty girl to another busty girl. NO ONE, I repeat NO ONE other than James wants to see your veiny swollen udders. I haven’t been lucky enough to get pregnant yet (been trying since September 2017) but I know for sure that I will not display my boobs for everyone to see. Not only out of dignity but also respect for my unborn child. Would your mother behave like that? I think not. It’s clear to see that you like the pervs on Reddit but your innocent child deserves better, do the right thing, grow up and put your tits away.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Imagine controlling James to his daughter when she’s older “YOU ARE NOT WEARING THAT!”

“Why not Dad mum had her tits hanging out all over Instagram when she was expecting me!”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36

lucysmith0104

Regardless of his face, his personality is just horrible. I really feel like he’s crushed Carys over the years. She was so happy and confident - and completely changed and I think it’s down to him.
This! What happened to her? I remember in one of their really old videos when they had just bought their old house, they were putting up curtains and carys wanted to do it and James said 'shall I show you how to do it?' and Carys says 'go on, controlling James' and piggy says 'I'm not controlling I just know the best way to do things'. What a twat. He's a gaslighting, egotistical pig who's crushed her self confidence by constantly talking over her and telling her she can't do things herself. Her codependency on him is scary. She needs some of her own hobbies that get her out of the house and a good therapist.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 34

Dutchie123

They are probably losing subscribers, that's why they posted that comment. They don't give a shit about what their viewers think, they just want money. Since they obviously read here and need ideas for new content, here's some ideas:

- Carys doing an embroidery tutorial (she is skilled and I do love her embroidery)
- A sitdown video just with Carys about her pregnancy, instead of rambling on with James interrupting her, maybe her personal story: things she did not expect in pregnancy, her fears during pregnancy, why a hospital birth seems to scare her, etc, be creative.
- Sustainable maternity wear: eco friendly brands and second hand clothes! This would appeal to many, as money is tight for a lot of people during these difficult times, and she might lose a lot of subscribers due to her excessive consumerism.
- Not going to happen but: James and Carys clearing out their entire house, donating their stuff to charity and trying to live a more sustainable life. They don't have to be minimalists but now they almost seem hoarders.

Also: less rambling in their videos! Maybe they can actually learn how to film, use background music and pretty images, now their videos are so chaotic and irritating.

• Heart
Reactions: 33

Yukon909

Chatty Member
3AEF5E88-3D78-46DA-B26B-D6FDDCE1C510.jpeg

I commented 2 things on the recent video just saying I agree with someone’s comment and I got this snarky reply from them... which has now been deleted. Guessing they realised they were pretty rude! 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33

Emluh96

I’ve never posted on here/dunno if it’s been said before but I really wish she’d change her Instagram name - there’s absolutely nothing ‘busy’ about her anymore 😭😭

• Haha
Reactions: 32