James and Carys #3 Busy bee(ing) slobs, James will you shut your gob!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I dont think at any point do those private scan places claim to be medical. Anyone who goes knows very well that it's just to see the baby and nothing more. If you're going looking for medical reassurance then that's your problem, not the scan place's issue.

Reactions: 2
I dont think at any point do those private scan places claim to be medical. Anyone who goes knows very well that it's just to see the baby and nothing more. If you're going looking for medical reassurance then that's your problem, not the scan place's issue.
they often refer to them as “reassurance scans” so I think of course people will expect to hear if anything is seriously wrong.

of course people should always just go to their midwives though

Reactions: 7
Yeah I couldn’t be having a leftie good lord!! No honestly though I know that’s what it says but it did lead me down a Google rabbit hole with pregnancy insomnia and found more recent articles and different studies which personally put me off and it hit a nerve that if there’s no need for weekly scans why expose the baby to the constant ultrasounds just seems excessive but then like I said she also used a Doppler which I can’t stand as they are dangerous and shouldn’t be used in untrained hands even her mum that’s a gp may not be properly qualified as I always had to see a midwife for lack of movement not a gp
What is a doppler?? Going to have to google I think, sorry I have no idea lol!!

Reactions: 1
they often refer to them as “reassurance scans” so I think of course people will expect to hear if anything is seriously wrong.

of course people should always just go to their midwives though
ah, I'd never heard of them referred to as that

Reactions: 1
She’s so concerned about the size of her bump and if everything’s okay with the baby, yet she keeps eating tit. Junk food, sugary drinks and chocolate.. I’m not saying she can’t eat any of that but thought she’ll be a bit more mindful of what she’s eating, especially as an ex-fitness person

Reactions: 23
I agree, we had a reassurance scan at 10 weeks just to check there was a heartbeat which they can see, we weren’t after anything else. I then went on to have my nhs scan at 12 weeks and got told some bad news at it, I was never angry or upset at the private scan I had 2 weeks earlier as they clearly state it is non diagnostic in the terms & conditions! (All is ok with the baby now - the bad news turned out to be a false alarm!)

• Heart
Reactions: 8
newbie to this tread but I actually unfollowed/subbed J&C yesterday because ANOTHER "xx week scan" video popped up in my subs box and I was like?? I swear every week they do a scan/update video for the pregnancy.
I've never been pregnant myself but I feel like the constant scans, weekly debriefs and updates is a big control/anxiety thing.
An average pregnancy is 40 weeks and I doubt there's massive monumental changes every 7 days. But her anxiety and need to control things will mean that she constantly has to check that it's doing okay, check that everything is going how it is meant to etc.

I worry for her when the baby is actually born and into childhood, because you cannot control every single aspect of the infant's life. As they get older, you have less control and more opportunity to worry

Reactions: 14
What I don’t understand about their private scans though is the fact she said she would be asking all these questions. They all sounded like questions you ask a midwife and it wasn’t her norma scans it was a private one but she spoke like the person was properly medically trained and it was their Job to Asnwer them. Does she even see her midwife? I saw mine pretty often (I know Covid may change things) but they are usually your first call with concerns surely.

Reactions: 6
What I don’t understand about their private scans though is the fact she said she would be asking all these questions. They all sounded like questions you ask a midwife and it wasn’t her norma scans it was a private one but she spoke like the person was properly medically trained and it was their Job to Asnwer them. Does she even see her midwife? I saw mine pretty often (I know Covid may change things) but they are usually your first call with concerns surely.

I actually thought that too. In one vlog they mentioned a ‘doctor’ even though it was a private scan? I’ve been for a private scan and there was just a sonographer. I wouldn’t ask medical questions at a private scan. Unless they’re not at a regular private scan type place and it’s actually a form of private healthcare? I can’t work it out

Reactions: 8
Isn’t it strange though, Carys coming from a family of medical professionals and none of them (as far as we are aware) are advising her against all these extra scans..which lets face it, are completely unnecessary. She has had the NIPT and 20 week scan so knows the chances of something being wrong now are fairly slim. I just feel she is encouraging her anxious feelings more by booking scan after scan.
She needs to learn to let go a little. There is always something to worry about when you have kids and she will end up driving herself mad!

Reactions: 13
I think possibly she’s gone to a private medical centre (where there are proper doctors and nurses) rather than just a place that offers scans.
They have the money so makes sense to go private.

I definitely agree having all these scans probably doesn’t help her anxiety. Seems like every week there’s a brand new thing for her to be stressing about. Her parents are GP’s, they’ll know a lot about pregnancy so definitely think some of it is for attention

Reactions: 10
I think possibly she’s gone to a private medical centre (where there are proper doctors and nurses) rather than just a place that offers scans.
They have the money so makes sense to go private.

I definitely agree having all these scans probably doesn’t help her anxiety. Seems like every week there’s a brand new thing for her to be stressing about. Her parents are GP’s, they’ll know a lot about pregnancy so definitely think some of it is for attention

Really good point and makes total sense. I wonder if they thought about her giving birth privately? I know it can be costly (I’m a fairly new follower so don’t know how ‘rich rich’ they are, or if there’s family money etc). If I had the money atm I’d defo pay for a private birth especially with covid uncertainties.

Reactions: 4
Isn’t it strange though, Carys coming from a family of medical professionals and none of them (as far as we are aware) are advising her against all these extra scans..which lets face it, are completely unnecessary. She has had the NIPT and 20 week scan so knows the chances of something being wrong now are fairly slim. I just feel she is encouraging her anxious feelings more by booking scan after scan.
She needs to learn to let go a little. There is always something to worry about when you have kids and she will end up driving herself mad!
I would imagine she doesn’t listen to anyone but James!

She’s so concerned about the size of her bump and if everything’s okay with the baby, yet she keeps eating tit. Junk food, sugary drinks and chocolate.. I’m not saying she can’t eat any of that but thought she’ll be a bit more mindful of what she’s eating, especially as an ex-fitness person
Interesting hey... it will be interesting to see post-baby where she’s at with her body. She’s clearly insecure what with constantly trying to make the extra weight look like it’s all bump - how is she going to cope with excess baby weight and a different shape / bump that won’t go away for a while?

Reactions: 10
I think she will get pregnant with the 2nd very soon after. Everything is at 100 miles an hour with these two and I think she will miss being pregnant. Also it would save the trying to get the body back.

I was surprised they hadn't gone private for the prgancy to be honest. I think they have mentioned that they use private dental care before at some point.

Reactions: 15
I think she will get pregnant with the 2nd very soon after. Everything is at 100 miles an hour with these two and I think she will miss being pregnant. Also it would save the trying to get the body back.

I was surprised they hadn't gone private for the prgancy to be honest. I think they have mentioned that they use private dental care before at some point.
Private dental is a very different thing, though! I use private dental and I'm still a student. :eek: Maternity care on the NHS is free - NHS dental care is still pricey. It's just harder to be seen through NHS dentists.

She'll start vlogging her next TTC journey.. 🙄

Reactions: 5

Lol private dental is not a comparison at all. Private dental is VERY common! I have private simply because the dentist I had my whole life decided he was going private and I wanted to stay with him.

And as if she doesn't talk enough about James, we needed to see an appreciation post where she 'highly recommends to marry your best friend'.....
:sick:

• Sick
Reactions: 11
And as if she doesn't talk enough about James, we needed to see an appreciation post where she 'highly recommends to marry your best friend'.....
:sick:
Your best friend from when yours like 16. Sorry love that definitely doesn’t work for everyone! If I married the person I was with at 16.... lord knows what kind of state we’d be in now!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.