James and Carys #3 Busy bee(ing) slobs, James will you shut your gob!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was also looking at their views, her own channel isn't delivering good views either. No-one cares about bland hauls anymore and purely sponsored outfits. Bore off. How do they make enough money for this lifestyle? I consider them to small YouTubers, I know they get a lot for free so gives a false impression of wealth but still?

I agree they definitely read here they keep reacting to what we post, carys has definitely been trying to prove she has time apart from him in recent vlogs. I think she may as well quit her other channel she has no interest in it what so ever. They're so deluded to think we all want to see James

Reactions: 7
The only reason you'd be getting weekly scans on the NHS is if something was wrong with you or baby or I believe over 35s get them too because they're "geriatric" :rolleyes: . So she's paying for private scans which is weird in itself because why do you need to see the baby that often?

I don't think anything is wrong with her baby, cause she'd definitely be telling her viewers about it, so she's paying like £100 a week just for more pictures of her which is a ridiculous amount of money really.

Reactions: 9
I remember she had a private scan before her 12 week scan, then she had her 12 week scan. I think she had another at 16 weeks to find out the sex of the baby and then she’s got her 18 week one on there and her 20 week one as well. So that’s 5 so far? 2 of those would be the NHS ones, so 3 private scans?

Reactions: 4
I had private scans and then I discovered this article which worried me so I never booked another just in case as would of hateto cause any harm was not worth it just to see the baby......

Not sure why content is worth More to them.

I don't mind the two of them and do agree that Carys should do more personal vlogs on her own channel instead of clothing haul after clothing haul.

The thing that's really annoying me the most with them at the moment is that videos are being merged to include pregnancy, or even if they don't have a scan in that video too they give pregnancy updates. I just want some videos where there is no mention of it. I'm almost 25 weeks and I don't even talk to my friends and family about pregnancy as much as they do. Also didn't like that she used a Doppler with the excuse of not feeling movements yet, Doppler's aren't recommended and I'd hate for any of her pregnanct followers to now want to buy one. She's getting weekly scans so she knows her baby is fine, so didn't see why she would think to use a Doppler.

If I recall in her first trimester experience vlog they said how she had lost 12lbs and she only knew how much she weighed when she found out she was pregnant was because she weighed herself and her sister to show BMI is unreliable. I thought that was a bit weird at the time as surely that's something she would have definitely made a video or insta stories on?? I think she was insecure about weight gain and being seen as fat instead of pregnant (which is why she's pushing the bump out so it's more obvious she's pregnant). So she has weighed herself so she could keep track of how much she gained throughout the pregnancy.

(sorry for long post, haven't caught up on here for a while)

The only reason you'd be getting weekly scans on the NHS is if something was wrong with you or baby or I believe over 35s get them too because they're "geriatric" :rolleyes: . So she's paying for private scans which is weird in itself because why do you need to see the baby that often?

I don't think anything is wrong with her baby, cause she'd definitely be telling her viewers about it, so she's paying like £100 a week just for more pictures of her which is a ridiculous amount of money really.
I think it’s bonkers and have said many times it is absolutely unnecessary and borderline obsessed particularly since you will see this tiny person every day for the rest of your life...

I cynically think it’s partially for content and partially because they’re trying to micromanage everything. If James couldn’t come to scans I would totally understand - but he can. I am preggers (did I mention 🙈) and had a private scan with my BF as it’s my first and we wanted spoiling a little bit. But not weekly scans.

I'm 23 weeks pregnant and will be 40 next year, so I'm officially a 'geriatric mom' :-D But I don't get weekly scans. It's not necessary and definitely not interesting for viewers.

Also: maybe they are using a 'click farm' to boost their views...?

As for their income: it also depends on where in the world the viewers live (rich vs. poor countries generate a different income from adds) and I think it also matters whether the viewers watch the whole thing or fast forward thorough the video.

They may not be making a lot of money at all. Maybe their parents sponsored their house. Maybe they have a tenant in the basement (definitely not the garage) who we never get to see :)))

Reactions: 5
I remember she had a private scan before her 12 week scan, then she had her 12 week scan. I think she had another at 16 weeks to find out the sex of the baby and then she’s got her 18 week one on there and her 20 week one as well. So that’s 5 so far? 2 of those would be the NHS ones, so 3 private scans?
Not sure if this has been said as I’m just catching up but she didn’t have a scan at 16 weeks to check the gender, she knew before that! She had a blood test you can do privately from 10 weeks called NIPT (non invasive prenatal testing) it extracts the baby’s dna from mums so you can tell the sex from that.. it also checks for any chromosomal abnormalities too. I only know this as I had one as well, but regardless of that she’s still having a crazy amount of scans! I totally get that especially before you feel the baby kick it’s quite anxiety inducing but you just have to be a little patient at this time which she clearly isn’t 😂

Reactions: 3
Also: maybe they are using a 'click farm' to boost their views...?

As for their income: it also depends on where in the world the viewers live (rich vs. poor countries generate a different income from adds) and I think it also matters whether the viewers watch the whole thing or fast forward thorough the video.

They may not be making a lot of money at all. Maybe their parents sponsored their house. Maybe they have a tenant in the basement (definitely not the garage) who we never get to see :)))
I reckon they're not as self sufficient as they claim to be too.

Reactions: 2
I had private scans and then I discovered this article which worried me so I never booked another just in case as would of hateto cause any harm was not worth it just to see the baby......

Not sure why content is worth More to them.
The only risk from that is that too many scans could change whether a baby is left or right handed.

I always suspected they decided to pause the house renovation and try for the baby ahead of schedule because covid put a spanner in the works meaning they didn’t have the money to complete the reno comfortably. It was just odd, one video they said house first then next year baby (I think) but then that’s out the window as soon as lockdown hit and baby trying commenced, super quick after they did a ig story asking for advice because builders were quoting loads due to the pillars being expensive to remove

If anybody has time to kill this is a pretty interesting watch

It’s a BBC exposé piece on these dodgy private scan places. it basically talks about girls going for “reassurance scans” (remind you of anyone 👀) and speaks to one girl who goes for lots of these scans and by the end of a week wants another one 😳 and then about all these private scan places sending girls home knowing there’s something badly wrong with the baby and not telling them (but don’t worry they just what’s app it around their office instead) Scary stuff!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
The only risk from that is that too many scans could change whether a baby is left or right handed.
Yeah I couldn’t be having a leftie good lord!! No honestly though I know that’s what it says but it did lead me down a Google rabbit hole with pregnancy insomnia and found more recent articles and different studies which personally put me off and it hit a nerve that if there’s no need for weekly scans why expose the baby to the constant ultrasounds just seems excessive but then like I said she also used a Doppler which I can’t stand as they are dangerous and shouldn’t be used in untrained hands even her mum that’s a gp may not be properly qualified as I always had to see a midwife for lack of movement not a gp

Can someone talk through how much they make from YouTube? I was under the impression it could be 2-3p per view (let’s say 2.5p. If that is the case they could get £2.8k just for 114k views. Factoring in 3 videos a week averaging that many views they could literally be on £410k a year. Like that’s crazy. Plus sponsors and brand deals too?! Have I calculated this right?
“Content creators” have a personal CPM which differs depending on the type of cont r you create, country you’re from etc. Everyone’s is different but the more PG content that can get more advertisements are usually higher paid. Certain countries have higher CPM too, it’s quite interesting to look into. Say theirs is £3.50 then they’d get about £399 for 114k views

If anybody has time to kill this is a pretty interesting watch

It’s a BBC exposé piece on these dodgy private scan places. it basically talks about girls going for “reassurance scans” (remind you of anyone 👀) and speaks to one girl who goes for lots of these scans and by the end of a week wants another one 😳 and then about all these private scan places sending girls home knowing there’s something badly wrong with the baby and not telling them (but don’t worry they just what’s app it around their office instead) Scary stuff!
I had one on my 2nd pregnancy because I was excited, told everything was fine and normal little did I know that at my 20 week scan I’d be rushed to the bigger hospital for more detailed scans as my son had an Encephalocele. I have a hate for these private scans now. They’re dangerous and non medical, they fill you with hope and joy of a new baby only to have it snatched away at your hospital appointment.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
It's been a long time since I've had scans but at the time my midwife's were against the private scans because of that very reason, they are not trained and the scans are not medically accurate this could of changed in the last 8+ years

Love that they’re on a mini break. Break from what? Don’t people usually go on a break to get away from work etc. bleeping weirdos needing a break from their charmed life 🤮

Reactions: 15
I considered going for a private scan when I was pregnant my son .. as a first time mum I think it’s natural to be excited and want to see the baby .. we didn’t in the end , we weighed up the cost and the effort of going to our nearest scan place and decided against it , I was older than carys (28) but still considered young and healthy so didn’t think it was necessary

I’d understand maybe having one or two but these two are off all the time to have a scan ! It seems borderline excessive and unnecessary since she’s young and has no health conditions ..

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.