James and Carys #26 Baby #2 and still no ducking clue

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It doesn't look like the Saccone Joly's have a back up plan. They're trying to sell their house at £1.7 million and appear to be living on pasta and butter! Youtubers don't realise that they have a 'shelf life'. Once their children start school and the pregnancy/birth vlogs are over - the audience moves onto the next bunch of creators. Since Amber's birth, views have been steadily declining for James and Carys (according to social blade). This business screams of 'money grab' - especially when they state things like 'discussing a possible restock' (???) ...wouldn't they automatically be doing a restock if this is their ongoing business?

I think they looked into buying a house to 'do up' and there was too much involved .....and the expense as we now know interest rates are going to rocket. I think the estimate currently is £80 per month - per £100k of mortgage and these amounts could easily double after the new year.

A lot of people on here are quite rightly concerned that they could be potentially breaking the law by having employees working in the self storage unit - which is in fact against working regulations and health and safety regs. I can imagine someone dropping one of those concrete vases on their foot if they aren't given a safe area to package goods.

It's also the way they've put a massive amount of profit onto their goods. They said (their own words) that they've only used 'appropriate profit margins'. The iron candle holder is £2.19 - James and Carys are charging £6 + £5.99 delivery (as an example). They are charging £18 for an A4 print - no frame. Two hundred copies of one sided (full colour image) on 300g paper - is £69. That profit margin is quite frankly, nauseating and they obviously do not care about fleecing their subscribers.

They are also proudly stating the provenance of any items made in the UK but, are cagey to tell us where everything else is from probably because they are manufactured in countries where wages are extremely low and working conditions are poor.

Then there's the direct selling aspect where James thinks he can divert around the law and make up his own rules about faulty goods and return postage

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Carys will be gnashing at her teeth at Molly Mae’s pregnancy announcement. Your influencer expiry date is brewing hunny x

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I have had my fair share of tit moments the past year or so and not once when I've been crying have I considered taking a photo of myself. This woman is right, anyone who does this is deranged.

This thumbnail is hysterical because they've taken the same photo of stack of boxes and copy pasted it all around them to look like they're buried in orders 🤣

Screenshot_20220925-175741.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
You don’t need a maths degree to realise they’re ripping people off.

And surprise surprise their dull week in the life content returns. Lazy!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Reactions: 12
Anyone put together a cost of what they’ve spent on WH so far?

Web design - 4-5k (this will be accurate as I’ve been quoted this for a Shopify build + photography + VAT)

Stock - ?

Yellow storage - £230 per week for one unit. Someone say they have a few? Over £1k a month.

Boxes etc - ?

Costs to parcelforce - ?

Employees - ?

Anything else?

Be a while, if at all, until they even break even.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Anyone put together a cost of what they’ve spent on WH so far?

Web design - 4-5k (this will be accurate as I’ve been quoted this for a Shopify build + photography + VAT)
Stock - ?
Yellow storage - ?
Boxes etc - ?
Costs to parcelforce - ?
Employees - ?
Anything else?

Be a while, if at all, until they even break even.
Not exactly sure how it works posting on Instagram and YouTube and getting paid. But wouldn’t they make money from that too relating to the ‘business’? Just thinking that would go towards getting their money back

Reactions: 1
Just want to quickly mention how much better Carys looks when personal hygiene is no longer in the backseat (I mean, who wouldn't). Hair finally washed in vlogs, wearing actual clothes rather than sweatshirts and leggings. If she's actually been prioritising her nutrition due to this pregnancy, that might also be a factor. She looks like a normal person again (for now).

Reactions: 7
They’re treating WH like ITS. Collections for different times of year. Once sold out there’s no restock. If WH was a proper business, they’d be restocking constantly. Guess they’re happy having no sales for over a month. Although they’re leaking cash now buying Christmas stock.

Reactions: 12
Do you really pop this much with your second baby? Because I looked about the same when I went in for my c-section at 39+5 for my big baby

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Do you really pop this much with your second baby? Because I looked about the same when I went in for my c-section at 39+5 for my big baby
tbf people carry pregnancy totally differently. she’s a dick but can’t control her bump, she was massive with amber full term and this time she already looked pregnant before she was.

i was nowhere near as big as her full term and i was classed as high risk due to my bmi so had that extra weight too.

Reactions: 10
For anyone wondering why they’re charging extortionate amounts, Shopify charge the e-commerce retailer 2% of sales + 25p per sale in commission. Wholesalers recommend putting your prices at least double the wholesale price as well.

Their prices are still ridiculous though in many instances, especially when you factor in £6 delivery too. Who’s paying £38 for a candle? Burning their money away.

I love the irony that they call them timeless pieces when they only stock them once.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.