James and Carys #23 Sick of seeing her arse and thighs... size 12-14? We know it’s all lies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To get the muscles she had ect she would have had to eat a decent amount of food! Definitely not restricting 🤷‍♀️
In her YouTube videos she would eat a lot during her fitness days. She’s only restrictive then in the sense that she didn’t have McDonald’s three times a week and a takeaway coffee everyday. 🙄🙄🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 21
In her YouTube videos she would eat a lot during her fitness days. She’s only restrictive then in the sense that she didn’t have McDonald’s three times a week and a takeaway coffee everyday. 🙄🙄🙄
I think she forgets she would literally post videos of what she would eat in a day. she would still eat chocolate and sweets, still have takeout. it just wouldn't be an everyday for every meal occurrence 🤣 although I do remember the odd video where she was out and about all day so did have fast food etc for every meal and she was fine with that as it was more of a one off and she could still make healthier choices at these places. she wouldn't have been able to build muscle like she did if she was restricting really hard, she tries to allude to the idea that she was borderline eating disorder territory now 🙄

Reactions: 23
If she didn’t like her body, she wouldn’t have created the content she did and been a fitness influencer. You have to think you look good to do that.

Reactions: 30
Carys ate healthily and more in moderation back then than she does now however she clearly classes that as she restricted herself back then when actually she was more balanced with her diet than what she seems to be now. Think she has to be careful with using terms like “restricting” when she will know deep down she didn’t restrict back then in order to build the muscle and physique she had. She really will say anything for some engagement on her videos.

Reactions: 11
Nope sorry I'm not going to be gaslighted into believing she restricted back then. I started liking Carys for the very fact that she ate a decent amount of food and still included treats whilst maintaining a great figure. To me she was realistic.

She either needs to stop lying to herself and her followers about how she used to eat, or if she was lying about how much she ate back then she honestly needs to release a statement/video apologising to her followers for misleading them years ago

Last edited:
Reactions: 38
She clearly did love her body before. And why wouldn’t she, it was incredible. Just went through some and read her captions and you can tell she wasn’t restricting just by some of the captions! Unless she was lying then that’s a whole other issue 🧐
I agree! She looked incredible until reasonably recently, it's like they decided to try for a baby and just gave up! I don't believe for a second she's as happy as she says she is with how she looks now! It's just easier to jump on the body positivity bandwagon and go down that route instead of saying she missing her old body and wants to get back in shape! There seems to be a real taboo about that these days, I don't get it! I'd be gutted if I used to look like that and would have no issue in saying I wanted to get back to that! Nothing wrong with how she looks now but I don't understand why it's considered a bad thing to say you want to lose weight these days, I get it's not the be all and end all and lots of people find it triggering or take it too far so I get it, I just feel a lot of people use it as an excuse not to bother any more!!! :/

Reactions: 27
I agree! She looked incredible until reasonably recently, it's like they decided to try for a baby and just gave up! I don't believe for a second she's as happy as she says she is with how she looks now! It's just easier to jump on the body positivity bandwagon and go down that route instead of saying she missing her old body and wants to get back in shape! There seems to be a real taboo about that these days, I don't get it! I'd be gutted if I used to look like that and would have no issue in saying I wanted to get back to that! Nothing wrong with how she looks now but I don't understand why it's considered a bad thing to say you want to lose weight these days, I get it's not the be all and end all and lots of people find it triggering or take it too far so I get it, I just feel a lot of people use it as an excuse not to bother any more!!! :/
I asked my partner earlier what his thoughts were as he follows her, and he said he was quite shocked how much weight she has gained. I put on about 30 lbs after having my baby but when she turned one I put in the effort and lost it and I am SO much happier for it. If I had her body previously I would be quite devastated. I asked him what he thought James must think about it and he said he was already punching through the roof so it probably isn’t a massive thing for him 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 16
So glad to see everyone saying the same things. Carys was confident, that wasn’t fake. Granted she still had anxiety but it wasn’t anywhere like it was now where it’s so dependent. You cannot grow that much muscle in a restrictive diet. The language she uses insinuates she had disordered eating which she never displayed.
You’re just as obsessed about your body now as you were then, you don’t have to hate on your old body to be okay with the new one. Get a grip woman.

Reactions: 17
So glad to see everyone saying the same things. Carys was confident, that wasn’t fake. Granted she still had anxiety but it wasn’t anywhere like it was now where it’s so dependent. You cannot grow that much muscle in a restrictive diet. The language she uses insinuates she had disordered eating which she never displayed.
You’re just as obsessed about your body now as you were then, you don’t have to hate on your old body to be okay with the new one. Get a grip woman.
She’s far more obsessed now. She’s just making excuses cos she’s so miserable with her body now. And I would too if I had her old body!

Reactions: 16
in all fairness to her, I’d be traumatised if I went from how she used to look to how she does now, in such a short space of time. That probably sounds harsh, but I do sorta get why she might now be making excuses.

I used to suffer with very disordered under-eating and when the whole bikini-bodybuilding thing blew up on YouTube I used to love her videos as inspiration for looking really healthy, looking slim, but eating what I would consider a very nourishing and balanced diet with treats and adequate calories. It was a relief to see in the days of ‘one-carb protein waffles’ and egg white only breakfasts someone who was eating tasty but healthy and balanced food.

anyway. It’s just a shame. And I just do not agree with binging on crappy processed food constantly and pushing it as content for being body positive. It’s unhealthy both physically and mentally to her and her viewers.

Reactions: 21
I started following her when she was at her fittest because I’ve always been overweight and found myself following people like her for motivation.
Im still overweight so it clearly worked 😃 but I don’t understand how everything she posts about her body seems to be negative.
she goes on about being body neutral, however she is either sharing pictures of her previous body and saying what she didn’t like. Or she’s posting pictures of her new body and picking out her flaws.
if you are truly body neutral, you don’t give a tit about how you look and just live your life without it being about your body.
I used to hate my body but now, even though I’m the biggest I’ve ever been (especially being pregnant) I honestly don’t even think about it. It just is what it is.
focus on healthy eating or a healthy lifestyle yes. But she needs to stop focusing on her body!

Reactions: 7
It’s clear that Carys jumped on the body positive bandwagon not because she believed it but because she was insecure or unhappy about her weight gain and she saw the compliments she got on her bigger body and how people were calling her an inspiration when she started talking about body positivity and her new body - it gave her the validation she was seeking. So she continued to roll with it.

The thing is though Carys is in way too deep with the whole “I love everything about my bigger body, even my bigger fingers” and preaching to everyone to accept their body even if they’ve gained weight that she would be deemed a hypocrite if she decided to lose some weight. She’d have to backtrack massively to her followers about what she was constantly preaching so she has kind of got herself stuck.

I’m not suggesting she has to lose weight. I’m just talking about if she decided in herself that that’s what she wanted to do that it wouldn’t be a good look after her publicly hating on her slimmer previous self and talking about how much she loves everything about her body now down to her back rolls. I just don’t believe she is as truly happy in her own skin as she makes out but the image she has created as this “body positivity inspiration” means she probably feels she can’t really change now.

Reactions: 13
in all fairness to her, I’d be traumatised if I went from how she used to look to how she does now, in such a short space of time. That probably sounds harsh, but I do sorta get why she might now be making excuses.

I used to suffer with very disordered under-eating and when the whole bikini-bodybuilding thing blew up on YouTube I used to love her videos as inspiration for looking really healthy, looking slim, but eating what I would consider a very nourishing and balanced diet with treats and adequate calories. It was a relief to see in the days of ‘one-carb protein waffles’ and egg white only breakfasts someone who was eating tasty but healthy and balanced food.

anyway. It’s just a shame. And I just do not agree with binging on crappy processed food constantly and pushing it as content for being body positive. It’s unhealthy both physically and mentally to her and her viewers.
Oh I agree - my antidepressants made me gain a very big amount of weight in a short amount of time and it has completely screwed with my head!
I just wish she would be open.

If she loses weight what will she say about this period? ‘Actually I was really insecure and trying to tell myself I loved my body but I didn’t?’
So contrived to make money

Reactions: 8
Oh great she’s back (not that anyone noticed she took a day off ?) with more empty life advice that we totally relate to
26662088-7509-4D32-9F10-687324FADD0B.jpeg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Oh great she’s back (not that anyone noticed she took a day off ?) with more empty life advice that we totally relate to View attachment 1337434
every time she takes time off she comes back saying tit about "comparing bodies". All she's thinking about constantly is her body clearly if she has to take scheduled time off of Social media so she has a day where she isn't comparing her body to someone else's. I'll do it myself occasionally but it's never always on my mind, and I don't particularly like my bigger body and want to lose weight after I've had my second baby in a few months. So she must really deep down dislike her body to constantly be comparing it all the time?

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.