Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
@cholulamare you're missing my point, whether deliberately or not, I don't know. She isn't an ally to women- my comment was following a post where she was derisive about CZJ and the menopause and being over 40 and how the menopause makes women crazy. That isn't being an ally to women.

As for trans women are women, repeating a meaningless statement over and over again doesn't make it true. Transwomen are transwomen

• Heart
Reactions: 47

HarderFaster

VIP Member
She has no bias against her at all. She is in fact extremely privileged for her model good looks and model figure. Being non-white is a benefit now in the media, and white people are openly hated.
Nodded along to the first two sentences and then bang you’re Nigel Farage.

White people are not openly hated. I could link literally thousands of studies showing drastic under-representation of non-white people at commissioning levels in the media. Here’s just one - https://reutersinstitute.politics.ox.ac.uk/race-and-leadership-news-media-2020-evidence-five-markets

Jameela is a compulsive liar and inserts herself unnecessarily into every debate going but that’s not any kind of proof that the media isn’t deeply racist.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 45

NosyWelshCow

Something like this? One day she tweets sympathy for her friend Chrissy.....and then literally the next day chooses to post and then promote an episode of her podcast all about abortion!!!!! 🤪🤪🤪🙄🙄🙄🤔🤔🤔😞😞😞🥺🥺🥺🤯🤯🤯
You can have a miscarriage and still be pro choice, I’m struggling to see the issue here?

• Heart
Reactions: 45

cholulamare

Chatty Member
This is fucking gross tbh. To say that Meghan hasn't been a genuine victim of racism is wilfully blind and racist in and of itself. The fact that she elicits more hate from a lot of people in this country than thoroughly disgusting people like Piers Morgan and Prince Andrew shows how far we have to go in the UK when it comes to both the treatment of women in the press and insidious forms of racism. I can't get over the amount of people that still believe an actual hate crime has to be committed before we can call something racist.

• Heart
Reactions: 40

weeweegie

VIP Member
My god she’s so patronising. Don’t compare your skin to me, the privileged elite with all my money and fabulous life. You poor thing, trying to compare your greasy spotty skin with my glowing complexion when you’re a mere peasant! Tahani at her best. And wtf do trans rights have to do with it. Why is she obsessed with trans rights ffs??

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40

cholulamare

Chatty Member
I noticed she was trending on Twitter this morning so I clicked on the feed and someone had posted a great reply to her. Someone had retweeted to her privileged skincare tweet saying she's so annoying and she replied with a sharp "get some therapy" - to which someone pointed out that being able to afford therapy is another height of privilege.
Yes, I was going to post about this - I think it's worse than how you describe it though. This non-famous person (with literally only 300 followers at the time) made an offhand tweet just calling her annoying - crucially without tagging her or even mentioning her name, only posting a screenshot, so god knows how she even found it. She's a public figure so someone calling her annoying on the internet and NOT tagging her is par for the course surely? Not only was her reply contradictory to her original point by advising therapy as you mentioned, it was also totally nasty, vitriolic and just not a proportional response at all: "Go to therapy. It will help. I also used to be a miserable, mistrusting, little troll, just like you. It gets better. 👍🏽"

When will celebrities learn the definition of troll, I beg.

Not only this, but she then quote-tweeted this unsuspecting person, whose only crime was to call a public figure annoying on twitter without tagging them, to her 3m+ followers on multiple platforms (!), encouraging a pile on and subjecting this person to a shit tonne of abuse, without considering the fact that they have a history of mental health issues and suicide attempts.

For what? Why? She is such a piece of shit.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 38

cholulamare

Chatty Member
Its mainly women that run gossip/showbiz magazines and columns and who have created that culture.
Daily Mail editors from 1992 to present: both men
Mail Online editor since 2008 who is also responsible for launching the Mail website in the US: a man
The Sun editor (who was previously their showbiz column editor): a man
Previous editors of the Mirror from 1903 until 2018: all men
Editors of Heat magazine from its launch in 1999 to 2010 (when it was brutal): all men
Metro editor: a man
TMZ founders and editors: both men

Dan Wootton, Paul Dacre, Piers Morgan and Perez Hilton did more to create than culture than any woman.

ETA clarity

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 36

Sunshine&clouds

VIP Member
is it actually a wig? i thought it looked like one but I wasn't sure
Actually, I feel guilty now as she probably lost her hair during an attack by a swarm of ladybirds who saw her black hair and red lips as a threat. They chased her up a helter skelter which she then fell off, landing on a giant trampoline which bounced her high into the air, where she collided with a helicopter, fell into a field of llamas and was dragged into the nearby river by a 50 foot long alligator which ate all her hair. Luckily she was rescued by David Blaine who was preparing for his latest death defying stunt, spending Christmas Day underwater with a family of alligators who love Brussel sprouts. David threw some sprouts towards the alligator and Jameela was left hairless, but otherwise unharmed, but for a new and potentially deadly allergy to alligator saliva, which has had a devastating impact on her daily life in London.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Piers Morgan sheds some light on how Jameela made Caroline feel (didn’t she claim they were good friends?)

‘Actress Jameela Jamil, mental-health and body-image activist and self-proclaimed ‘feminist- in-progress’, has led the blame-game charge, tweeting: ‘It was only a matter of time before the media and the prolonged social media dogpile, hers lasted for MONTHS, pushed someone completely over the edge. Rest in Peace Caroline Flack.’

Jamil also called for the Government to launch an urgent inquiry into ‘the British press and their practices’.

As I read this, I had a sudden memory of an Instagram direct message exchange Caroline and I had about Jamil a few months ago. It was after Jamil attacked Caroline’s plastic-surgery-themed Channel 4 show The Surjury without having even seen it, accusing her of being involved in something that would ‘prey on people’s insecurities’.

This led to so many of Jamil’s one million followers bombarding Caroline with abuse that Caroline messaged me to say: ‘I’m struggling with Jameela, the hate she aims at me…’

Yet here is the same Jameela Jamil leading a campaign to make the media accountable for Caroline’s death. The brazen hypocrisy is staggering. And repulsive.’

• Wow
Reactions: 34

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
@cholulamare It was aimed at TRAs in general- the phrase trans women are women is meaningless as biology and empirical fact will back up. "Feelings" do not override science. Trans women are trans women, hence the prefix. Women are women and we don't need a prefix or "cis".

• Heart
Reactions: 33

weeweegie

VIP Member
Agreed, it’s clear to see she’s no mates. That James Blake must walk on eggshells around her. Bet he’s entirely under the thumb.
I’m surprised she’s with a white dude, as she goes on about white men being the root of all evil (I half agree with her there lol). No actually, it’s white females she has the biggest problem with. She is the only feminist I know who is selective with the women she supports and would rather support men’s rights (trans) when they want to become women, than vulnerable women at risk of dangerous men.

Reactions: 31

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
The Be Kind thing gets me. She doesn’t care about being kind when she uses ‘Karen’ as a slur. It’s just childish bullying. Stereotyping women of a certain age. It’s ageist and completely sexist. You would think she’d recognise that being the feminist that she is. All she cares about is the trans community and to appear as woke as can be. If you’re a white 45 year woman she literally doesn’t give a f about you and will ridicule and make assumptions about you purely based on your race/age/gender. Such a kind feminist our Jam!
Never forget her claiming Catherine Zeta Jones was going through menopause rather than having bipolar disorder - “it makes 40+ women crazy”

Ageist ✔
Sexist ✔
Trivialising/denying someone else’s mental health issues ✔

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 29

Skiddidlydaddle

Chatty Member
Obeseity for the most part is a life style choice . I am in no way going to feel sorry for people when I see someone who weighs 300 pounds at Walmart riding around on those scooters and when you look into their cart it's nothing but junk food. Lizzo is an idiot, and this whole body positivity movement is nonsense. Jameela Jamil needs to zip it.
Wowzers. There are many reasons that people can be overweight, being an idiot is not one of them. Lack of money, lack of time, lack of knowledge of basic cooking and healthy ingredients, medication causing carb and sugar cravings (for example antipsychotics like olanzapine are known for causing huge weight gain for this reason), self esteem and hatred issues, depression causing a lack of volition to take care of yourself well. Even simply being fed a predominantly highly processed, sugary, carby, food as a kid can make the taste of healthy food disgusting for some people.

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Imagine paying someone a genuine compliment and getting lectured to and make to feel small! She is truly insufferable. No matter how "perfect" her skin might be, her ugly personality shines through

cholulamare

Chatty Member
Lizzo doesn't have confidence, she screams attention wh*re. If someone has to twerk all of the time and constantly show that obese azz of hers on her social media platforms, that doesn't say much. In fact that's a terrible message to put out to young people.
Truly amazing how deep some people's hatred of fat people runs, for no other reason than them living their lives whilst being fat.

Reactions: 28

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
Personally I think she’s spot on about the whole “new year, new you” thing, especially dangerous detox diets and the diet industry in general making money from the insecurities of people, especially women, that are created by the media holding up impossible standards of beauty in the first place.

BUT

Jameela herself is part of that media image. She is thin but regularly talks about the crap she eats, which either she doesn’t actually eat or eats extremely little of, just for show.

She is a naturally beautiful woman, and although I’m sure she’d deny it, everyone in Hollywood has some kind of tweaks to help them out - be it botox, teeth whitening, surgery, hair extensions, whatever. It cannot be denied that she is very photogenic, and doesn’t look at all out of place on a red carpet. It also cannot be denied that she has far more money and access to maintaining her beauty and body than the average woman.

SO SHE IS A FULLY PAID PART OF THE MACHINE THAT IS SELLING IMPOSSIBLE BEAUTY STANDARDS TO WOMEN!

She is the fucking root of making women feel shit about themselves, posting poser selfies on Instagram and walking red carpets with professional hair & makeup. Taking part in photoshopped photoshots with perfect lighting. Talking about all the crap she eats but mysteriously maintaining her slim dress size, seemingly without any effort. 10 steaks my arse!

The diet industry may prey on people’s insecurities, but those insecurities wouldn’t exist without the media’s ridiculous representation of women, of which Jameela has been a part of for well over 10 years, in one form or another. She is not the fucking crusader she thinks she is. She’s a Hollywood sheep who talks the talk but cannot grasp how she plays such a big part in the problems she’s constantly putting on blast.

FUCK OFF, JJ. I’ll listen to anti-diet culture speech from qualified people (dieticians, eating disorder experts, doctors, therapists) and from women who fall outside of the western media’s high standards of beauty, but not you.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Here’s an example for you:

Sofie Hagen, whose comedy focuses on all things sex, gender and fatness, wrote a piece for Metro on being what they call “a pansexual virgin”.

They explained: “‘Pansexual’ means I am attracted to, and fall in love with, people regardless of their gender.

“‘Virgin’ means… well, in this case, it means something quite specific: I have never slept with a woman.

“In fact, I have only slept with cisgender-heterosexual men. If I remain a pansexual virgin for life, can I still even claim to be queer? I’ve decided I can.”

Hagen said they had kissed women, dated women and fallen in love with women… they’d just never had sex with a woman, and they said they feared it was “too late”.

“When it comes to women or people with vaginas,” they said, “the longer I don’t have sex with one, the more I start to worry: what if I don’t know how to do it?

“What if it goes wrong and I accidentally break something or plug something and then I’ll be too scared to try again and I’ll be destined to the beige and boring life of dating cis-men forever?

“What if my own vagina is super weird, and I don’t realise until I see someone else’s, and then I’ll be like, ‘Hang on, is that thing meant to be that small?'”

Hagen said they knew exactly what they would say if this was someone else’s dilemma: “There is no shame in being a pansexual person who has only ever slept with cis men.”

They continued: “If this was anyone other than me, I would climb across a table and slap them silly for even having the audacity to ask such a foolish question.

“‘Of course, you are queer. You don’t have to prove your queerness to anyone. You don’t have to sleep with anyone to be queer!’

“But it’s not anyone else, it’s me with all of my internalised biphobia, insecurity, social anxiety and self-doubt… there is always the fear that the queer community will have a big meeting and decide to strip me of my LGBTQIA+ identity and send me back to heterosexual hell.”

Ultimately, Hagen said, it’s about being okay where you are: “If I end up never sleeping with a woman or a person with a vagina, I guess that’s going to have to just be okay.”
Absolute waffle from a straight girl looking for edge.

She can find women to kiss and men to have sex with yet cant have sex with a woman in case she "realises her vagina is weird or breaks something"?

If you need excuses for why you're not moving passed kissing with girls you're probably not queer.

Reactions: 26