Jameela Jamil #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s not trending on twitter today that I can see, she’ll be raging as she thrives off the attention.

Nope, always someone else’s fault. She’s always right and we’re always wrong.
This is totally it. Listen, she's not wrong when she says that media/patriarchy/chosen descriptor loves to pull down women and witch about them and make them look bad. That is often the truth in media articles and whatnot.

But then there's also just the possibility that whichever woman in question is just bloody annoying. She lives in a world where any criticism or negative reaction to her is misogyny, but it never occurs to her to think that at least some of the time it's literally because she annoys people.

Reactions: 6
she does have the occasional point however I do get a bit sick of men being blamed all the time for women being brought down. A lot of the time, especially these days, its women bringing women down. Its mainly women that run gossip/showbiz magazines and columns and who have created that culture. Look at the reality show culture, again its normally women bitching about other women. Some mens attitudes to women needs to change and better equality needs to happen, but I don't see it as all men attacking women at all.

Reactions: 4
she does have the occasional point however I do get a bit sick of men being blamed all the time for women being brought down. A lot of the time, especially these days, its women bringing women down. Its mainly women that run gossip/showbiz magazines and columns and who have created that culture. Look at the reality show culture, again its normally women bitching about other women. Some mens attitudes to women needs to change and better equality needs to happen, but I don't see it as all men attacking women at all.
Yeah, you're right, women can be just as bad. I read a bit more into this a few months ago and it's said that women will often do this to pull other women down in order to make themselves appear more pretty/funny/clever/thinner/younger/attractive etc to men, whether knowingly or not. Which folds into the patriarchy principle again. I agree with pretty much all of it but it's a shame when people just get sick of hearing the word "patriarchy" etc because it just becomes this triggerpoint word that people roll their eyes at and any information that comes afterwards is ignored.

Its mainly women that run gossip/showbiz magazines and columns and who have created that culture.
Daily Mail editors from 1992 to present: both men
Mail Online editor since 2008 who is also responsible for launching the Mail website in the US: a man
The Sun editor (who was previously their showbiz column editor): a man
Previous editors of the Mirror from 1903 until 2018: all men
Editors of Heat magazine from its launch in 1999 to 2010 (when it was brutal): all men
Metro editor: a man
TMZ founders and editors: both men

Dan Wootton, Paul Dacre, Piers Morgan and Perez Hilton did more to create than culture than any woman.

ETA clarity

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
but this is really internalised mysogyny i would say, women are encouraged to be "not like other women" / compare themselves to others by society, which is patriarchal. Men don't need to attack women as we have been brainwashed into doing it ourselves

Reactions: 12
Sorry is it’s already been posted but has anyone seen here Wiki page?
FD6FBCF0-0503-4ADE-9C83-37A89E98B778.jpeg

She’s also been called out on a load of her other bullshit on there, to the point I’m surprised it’s still up.

• Haha
Daily Mail editors from 1992 to present: both men
Mail Online editor since 2008 who is also responsible for launching the Mail website in the US: a man
The Sun editor (who was previously their showbiz column editor): a man
Previous editors of the Mirror from 1903 until 2018: all men
Editors of Heat magazine from its launch in 1999 to 2010 (when it was brutal): all men
Metro editor: a man
TMZ founders and editors: both men

Dan Wootton, Paul Dacre, Piers Morgan and Perez Hilton did more to create than culture than any woman.

ETA clarity
Fair point and I'm not clearing men of any blame, but just highlighting it isnt just a one sided thing, especially today. Also the majority of people who read those articles are women (or some gay men), if the demand wasnt there they wouldnt exist. It takes a concerted effort.

Dan Wooton and Perez are vile people who shouldnt be working. I dont know how they get away with what they write.

And Piers Morgan should be in jail. How he escaped the phone tapping scandal god knows

but this is really internalised mysogyny i would say, women are encouraged to be "not like other women" / compare themselves to others by society, which is patriarchal. Men don't need to attack women as we have been brainwashed into doing it ourselves
yeah that's a valid point. I remember a few years ago when female athletes and fitness models were used for promotion of some health promotion they were torn down for promoting unhealthy expectations ....but then you get your Gemma collins type who is worshipped for having an unhealthy lifestyle both physically and individualistic attitude she promotes.

Reactions: 3
CC the "cool girl" part of Gone Girl!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
exactly! When I was yoounger I used to find it flattering when guys said "you're not like most girls/most girls aren't funny but.." now I realise how sexist it is
I know, it’s terrible isn’t it? I definitely had the phase in my late teens too, wanting to be the “different” one who wasn’t afraid to drag other girls for what they wore etc. Horrific and mortifying. That part of the book was so on the money!

• Heart
She’s now sending lots of love on Twitter and pledges to continue to learn and “self-investigate”.

• Sick
If she's inferring that she was pregnant and therefore has the right to wade into the body supportwear argument then it's a no from me.
If she was, it’s classic Jameela.

Why is she wading into a debate about maternity shapewear?
I WAS PREGNANT ONCE!

Why is she hosting a show all about gay culture?
I AM QUEER!

• Angry
Been lurking for a while because of this Jameela mess. I can confirm she said she was pregnant when someone asked her why she was talking about maternity shapewear. I think the thread was deleted tho. Will try to find remnants of it if I can.

Edit: she was replying to this deleted tweet about whether she had been pregnant and something else.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 5
Sorry is it’s already been posted but has anyone seen here Wiki page? View attachment 252242
She’s also been called out on a load of her other bullshit on there, to the point I’m surprised it’s still up.
I'd not seen it, but omg the entire "personal life" section is just things she has claimed which may or may not be real 🤣

I used to really like Jameela and felt sorry for her when people jumped on things she said but now I realise it's because SO MANY things she says are tiresome.

Reactions: 7
Noticed Dax Shepherd has admitted he recently relapsed. How much do you wanna bet she’ll come out with ‘I was an addict once too’ 🙄 because of course she’s an expert on addiction!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Noticed Dax Shepherd has admitted he recently relapsed. How much do you wanna bet she’ll come out with ‘I was an addict once too’ 🙄 because of course she’s an expert on addiction!
Don’t know, Dax is of course married to Kristen Bell and if the two women fell out on the Good Place then it might be too awks to bring up.

Reactions: 2
Don’t know, Dax is of course married to Kristen Bell and if the two women fell out on the Good Place then it might be too awks to bring up.
I don't think that would stop her, she has too little self awareness imo

I don't think that would stop her, she has too little self awareness imo
True, because if they don’t speak then she could tack on a subplot about how women should support women but it doesn’t always happen and everyone can learn from her experiences blah blah

Reactions: 3
I think addiction might be too 'imperfect' for her, and it implies a certain level of personal responsibility, not just being a victim. But I wouldn't put it past her.

She does seem to like to claim whatever ailment is putting someone else in the limelight. Notice how she couldn't just say something nice without making it about herself - anyone keeping tally of her ailments and traumas needs to add domestic violence to the list: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ev...stars-after-sharing-domestic-abuse-story/amp/

Which folds into the patriarchy principle again. I agree with pretty much all of it but it's a shame when people just get sick of hearing the word "patriarchy" etc because it just becomes this triggerpoint word that people roll their eyes at and any information that comes afterwards is ignored.
It is a massive shame.

Jameela's use of feminism and the patriarchy is incredibly tiresome - and I'm a feminist!! Even I'm eye-rolling. Especially when it's used to deflect and not take accountability for her own behaviour. She's making it far too easy for people to turn their back on even discussing or contemplating it as a concept.

I feel like if Jameela's heart was truly in the right place, she would get off Twitter and social media and put her money where her mouth is.

I know she has I Weigh, but to me that seems to be a content machine for social media rather than anything tangible.

She should start an academy for girls or fund young women in 3rd level STEM. Fund female led research. There's lots of incredible people out there with amazing ideas in every corner of the world, they just need to money and the publicity to get started.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.