Jameela Jamil #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In what context can heterosexual people claim to be queer? Genuinely confused. Surely if they are straight they are by definition not queer ?
Here’s an example for you:

Sofie Hagen, whose comedy focuses on all things sex, gender and fatness, wrote a piece for Metro on being what they call “a pansexual virgin”.

They explained: “‘Pansexual’ means I am attracted to, and fall in love with, people regardless of their gender.

“‘Virgin’ means… well, in this case, it means something quite specific: I have never slept with a woman.

“In fact, I have only slept with cisgender-heterosexual men. If I remain a pansexual virgin for life, can I still even claim to be queer? I’ve decided I can.”

Hagen said they had kissed women, dated women and fallen in love with women… they’d just never had sex with a woman, and they said they feared it was “too late”.

“When it comes to women or people with vaginas,” they said, “the longer I don’t have sex with one, the more I start to worry: what if I don’t know how to do it?

“What if it goes wrong and I accidentally break something or plug something and then I’ll be too scared to try again and I’ll be destined to the beige and boring life of dating cis-men forever?

“What if my own vagina is super weird, and I don’t realise until I see someone else’s, and then I’ll be like, ‘Hang on, is that thing meant to be that small?'”

Hagen said they knew exactly what they would say if this was someone else’s dilemma: “There is no shame in being a pansexual person who has only ever slept with cis men.”

They continued: “If this was anyone other than me, I would climb across a table and slap them silly for even having the audacity to ask such a foolish question.

“‘Of course, you are queer. You don’t have to prove your queerness to anyone. You don’t have to sleep with anyone to be queer!’

“But it’s not anyone else, it’s me with all of my internalised biphobia, insecurity, social anxiety and self-doubt… there is always the fear that the queer community will have a big meeting and decide to strip me of my LGBTQIA+ identity and send me back to heterosexual hell.”

Ultimately, Hagen said, it’s about being okay where you are: “If I end up never sleeping with a woman or a person with a vagina, I guess that’s going to have to just be okay.”

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Here’s an example for you:

Sofie Hagen, whose comedy focuses on all things sex, gender and fatness, wrote a piece for Metro on being what they call “a pansexual virgin”.

They explained: “‘Pansexual’ means I am attracted to, and fall in love with, people regardless of their gender.

“‘Virgin’ means… well, in this case, it means something quite specific: I have never slept with a woman.

“In fact, I have only slept with cisgender-heterosexual men. If I remain a pansexual virgin for life, can I still even claim to be queer? I’ve decided I can.”

Hagen said they had kissed women, dated women and fallen in love with women… they’d just never had sex with a woman, and they said they feared it was “too late”.

“When it comes to women or people with vaginas,” they said, “the longer I don’t have sex with one, the more I start to worry: what if I don’t know how to do it?

“What if it goes wrong and I accidentally break something or plug something and then I’ll be too scared to try again and I’ll be destined to the beige and boring life of dating cis-men forever?

“What if my own vagina is super weird, and I don’t realise until I see someone else’s, and then I’ll be like, ‘Hang on, is that thing meant to be that small?'”

Hagen said they knew exactly what they would say if this was someone else’s dilemma: “There is no shame in being a pansexual person who has only ever slept with cis men.”

They continued: “If this was anyone other than me, I would climb across a table and slap them silly for even having the audacity to ask such a foolish question.

“‘Of course, you are queer. You don’t have to prove your queerness to anyone. You don’t have to sleep with anyone to be queer!’

“But it’s not anyone else, it’s me with all of my internalised biphobia, insecurity, social anxiety and self-doubt… there is always the fear that the queer community will have a big meeting and decide to strip me of my LGBTQIA+ identity and send me back to heterosexual hell.”

Ultimately, Hagen said, it’s about being okay where you are: “If I end up never sleeping with a woman or a person with a vagina, I guess that’s going to have to just be okay.”
Absolute waffle from a straight girl looking for edge.

She can find women to kiss and men to have sex with yet cant have sex with a woman in case she "realises her vagina is weird or breaks something"?

If you need excuses for why you're not moving passed kissing with girls you're probably not queer.

Reactions: 26
I must be living in the dark ages because up until recently I thought queer was an offensive slur! So does saying she’s queer mean she’s gay? Bi? Her boyfriend must have felt a bit silly surely
I always find queer a bit difficult. I grew up in the 80s with AIDS and "queer bashings" in the papers so I'm not at ease saying it tbh.

Reactions: 9
Exactly!! She tried to justify being queer by saying she had added a rainbow to her Twitter handle months prior to “coming out” 🥱🙄 this lady would suck the soul out of you with her bullshit and lies 🤦‍♀️
I wonder why bs she'll spew today!!!! On the 6 Day of Christmas, I got a new diease..............

• Haha
What's happening this week? Something relevant that she can cause trouble with. Meghan and Harry news of so called new awards system and then an insult to William and kates train tour?

Have any models or celebs (that she doesn't follow or don't follow her) said something she can attack?

Most likely.

The jada Smith red table talk had Olivia jade on. The college bribery scandal. Its exactly who jameela would hate. Since she's been on the red table, I wonder if she thinks she owns them and is mad they had her own. Its far reaching for anyone else but this is jameela. She probably thinks she has the right to dictate how they think, what they do, who they invite as she thinks it should be all about her.

Reactions: 2
Most likely.

The jada Smith red table talk had Olivia jade on. The college bribery scandal. Its exactly who jameela would hate. Since she's been on the red table, I wonder if she thinks she owns them and is mad they had her own. Its far reaching for anyone else but this is jameela. She probably thinks she has the right to dictate how they think, what they do, who they invite as she thinks it should be all about her.
Oh yes JJ would absolutely despise Olivia jade. She is the epitome of JJs go to, most fave buzzword “white privilege” 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Remember she wrote the essay attacking the celebs for promoting the detox tea... I think this is her attempt at humour 🥴

She is so unfunny its unreal.

One thing I'm grateful to jameela for is she is a constant example of what kind of person NOT to be. We should strive to so the opposite of her and be the opposite to be better for this life.

A while ago she was on insta saying we hate women based on media lies without knowing them. And asked for examples from everyone. Isn't she doing the same to camilla Parker bowles now? Being hateful and judgey and acting like she's on some defence mission of Diana on behalf of meghan and Harry. Hypocrite much? Grow up jameela, you're not 5 anymore, it doesn't work like that. Plus William and your beloved Harry have accepted her and get along so why the duck does it bother you?! It's none of you're business, stay out of it.

• Heart
I have a theory that she grew up in a toxic household and belittling other women sort of became her coping mechanism. I know the poster who went to the same school as her believe her mum was making up the domestic abuse case, and I think it's plausible, but I've personally had experience with battered women and her mum does display similar traits (mimicking gaslighting techniques of their abusers for one).

Jameela seemed like a classic daddy's girl with antagonistic relationship with mum.

Narcissistic men often divide their wife and children by pitting them against each other. I don't think JJ ever learnt how to form meaningful relationships with women as a result. Validation from social media and her iWeigh 'community' gave her a surrogate sisterhood that she so craves.

Reactions: 7
Mine is the steaks one purely because:

1) Why would someone be so DISGUSTING to walk around with hot (I assume they were hot) steaks in between their thighs?

2) HOW does someone walk (or did she run?) with steaks in between their thighs?

3) Allergic to tears is a very rare but horrific condition because people that suffer from it are allergic to all forms of water and I find it vile that she’s claimed this when it is BLATANTLY not true. In the very, very, very, very, very (there needs to be loads more ‘very’s’ - it’s something like 1 person in every 200 million) off chance it was true, how could the swimming in the sea dead seal story have happened? In Jameela’s world, allergic to tears means when she cries her eyes are red afterwards.
Agree - also, who wants cold steak? but I also feel like she made up 3 (not knowing it is a (extremenly rare) conditiion, just sounds like she made it up herself tbh and then assumes no one can argue

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I have a theory that she grew up in a toxic household and belittling other women sort of became her coping mechanism. I know the poster who went to the same school as her believe her mum was making up the domestic abuse case, and I think it's plausible, but I've personally had experience with battered women and her mum does display similar traits (mimicking gaslighting techniques of their abusers for one).

Jameela seemed like a classic daddy's girl with antagonistic relationship with mum.

Narcissistic men often divide their wife and children by pitting them against each other. I don't think JJ ever learnt how to form meaningful relationships with women as a result. Validation from social media and her iWeigh 'community' gave her a surrogate sisterhood that she so craves.
But if you'd known her mum like I did (remember she worked in the school reception) and how full of vitriol she was, not only to Jameela herself but also to any child she thought had somehow crossed the daughter she treated really cruelly, you would be very sceptical. Jameela as an adult really reminds me of her mum in the 90s - the thirst for drama, the endless narcissism and anger. They even communicate in a similar way when they've messaged me.

You also have to factor in the odd and far-fetched things her mother tweets about her accusations: how she's inconsistent about what 'Shireen's Law' refers to, how the hospital supposedly refused to hand over her medical files to police, the two unknown assailants who apparently beat her up in 2016 to warn her off (giving her her only clear photos of injuries), the relish with which she retweets her headlines and TV appearances and describes her 'law' as her 'legacy'...it's all straight out of the Jameela car accident/cancer playbook - dramatic and dramatised experiences that serve a purpose in the very specific narrative she wants to create about herself.

Is it conceivable that her husband was violent towards her? Yes, but I would wager there was mental and physical violence on both sides. And if it is as clear-cut as Shireen implies, wouldn't Jameela have realised by now and be supporting her mother as a fellow advocate, instead of slamming her as 'fatphobic', and not even talking to her at all until recently? It just doesn't ring true, in exactly the same way Jameela's stories don't, despite whatever element of truth there might have originally been to them.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Have you ever watched Jameela in one of her podcasts? She sits there, twirls her weave in her hands and trys to act smart. It's so cringe.

Reactions: 1
I saw a brief clip somewhere where she said she doesn't care about anything people think or say. She had her arms folded and "tried" to give off the cool careless vibe. In fact it shows the opposite, truly zen, don't give a duck people don't have to constantly say they don't care or posture it in body language. It proves how much her image is important to her and how created it is.

Reactions: 5
Wonder if she's pissed off that KK is getting attention and actually doing something about the Brendan Bernard's awful situation. Its exactly what she what she wants to be famous for.

Reactions: 3
I just find her very cringe at times, needs a reality check that’s for sure

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.