Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Gildinwen-TKB

Does anyone else feel like Jack infiltrates their lives a bit too much? In just one hour I’ve thought about her:
-While chopping garlic... it was a FAT clove 🤢
-While texting friends about Mom’s marmite pasta (JM’s recipe was the one that alerted me to the fact she doesn’t know what she’s on about, biggest food faff of my life)
-Said friends saying marmite in pasta is an abomination, use PULPED ANCHOVIES instead 🤢🤢
- Looking at my dining table wondering if I would have much headroom if I stood on it
God I feel this so much......I can't wait until she disappears honestly

Reactions: 6

Captainmouse

VIP Member
I'm sure someone more skilled than I am will capture all the hashtag stuff on Twitter. Someone is in for a treat though, he's asked what he can use to replace salt as he's not supposed to have too much of it - use any of Jack's recipes then mate!!
Not if it includes that awful cooking bacon, of some tinned stuff in brine

Reactions: 6

ScamSandwich

Chatty Member
Imagine Nigella talking about the christmas without her husband and their young children like this.
Gosh, is this a new thing? Is she toying with the concept of self-deprication?

Editing: the attachment got lost. Jacko said that she could not recommend her ( rather crap) christmas she once had, including cans of Sainsbury's own brand lager.

Reactions: 5

Marwood

I used to use 'lads' in the classroom but mainly as it was an Irish thing and everything is 'Ah Jaysus lads, wait til I tell you!'
But I got a warning.
Chaps didn't 'suit' me so I moved onto 'chums'..
You got a warning for that?!

• Wow
Reactions: 5

Flash123

VIP Member
My father in law who's 95 was a bit experimental with his cooking after my mil died and he made a crumble with lard, he then tried to give it to our vegetarian daughter, needles to say she refused it as did the rest of us.

Let's put it this way, he never never repeated the experiment
in a cook My mum has from growing up there is a recipe for hot water pastry with lard. It actually worked with sweet and savoury. I know crumble is different but I am curious now!

Reactions: 4

Fruitjack

VIP Member
I went to watch my football team play there in a friendly a few years back and how I HOOTED when I checked in on Facebook with the comment ‘well, they did warn me what would happen when I went vegan’.

Hah. Last year my teen and I were in a Sky Super 6 football league. There was a cup game week and Accrington Stanley were one of the teams. I said 'So, it's so-and-so versus Accrington Stanley', my daughter (who's never seen a milk marketing board ad in her life' said 'ACCRINGTON STANLEY?! Who are they?' and I got to say 'EXACTLY' before collapsing on the floor hooting/clawing etc in amusement. I think she thought I'd gone temporarily insane.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 3