Jack Monroe #98 Thoroughly Naff

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
So her mum is very, very ill. Yet she had someone round yesterday and her family round today? If that someone is Louisa then she's more than likely flitting between London and Southend, probably mixing with a lot more people than Jack would. So why does Jack put her ill mum at risk by having her round the day after someone else? If you must see multiple people then at least spread the visits out, so there's less likelihood of passing something on.
You really can't witch about people following the rules when you're not really doing it yourself. šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø Was Edinburgh an essential trip? Was the double meal thing in London really essential?
She knows what she's doing, she likes the drama it creates.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
Does anyone else feel like Jack infiltrates their lives a bit too much? In just one hour Iā€™ve thought about her:
-While chopping garlic... it was a FAT clove šŸ¤¢
-While texting friends about Momā€™s marmite pasta (JMā€™s recipe was the one that alerted me to the fact she doesnā€™t know what sheā€™s on about, biggest food faff of my life)
-Said friends saying marmite in pasta is an abomination, use PULPED ANCHOVIES instead šŸ¤¢šŸ¤¢
- Looking at my dining table wondering if I would have much headroom if I stood on it

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I'm just wondering what's worse, being severely ill or very very ill?

*not minimising being poorly or having poorly people, just navigating the hyperbole.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
I don't think you should feel 'mean about reducing her to a stereotype' because she does it to people like me every single day she 'blames' one of her utter duck ups on Autism or ADHD.
The fact that she understands about 'acting' a certain way to attract followers, patreons, blue ticks etc bleeping insults me.
When I get the chance to leave the house I have to put on an 'Act' to make me acceptable to every single person I come into contact with because my Autism makes me 'weird' to other people.
I know this.
I understand this now.
I can even joke about it with Mrs TUIT when she says things like, "Try not to be TOO you in here, Ok?"
I understand what she means.
I'm not making myself very clear. But she does people like me harm.
Ah I didn't mean her. I meant the mummy blogger types. There's a certain style of influencer that goes in for all that and I feel a bit mean lumping them all together as I think it's all a bit of an act and they're probably totally different behind the scenes.

I actually don't think Jack can be reduced to a stereotype, like...there's no one quite like Jack. Other narcissists, sure, but who else is both narcissistic and a purveyor of not so fine slop?

I'm so sorry her behaviour hurts you, she's such an awful bloody woman. The fact she blames crappy behaviour on things like autism/ADHD when actually it's just...crappy behaviour...and nothing to do with autism/ADHD is a real dick move. It perpetuates false stereotypes and it's not fair. I mentioned in another post though, I honestly don't think she gives two flying fucks about other people. She does what suits her, and screw the rest. Hopefully more people will see through her blame games than we all realise right now šŸ¤ž

Hope you're alright.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Does anyone else feel like Jack infiltrates their lives a bit too much? In just one hour Iā€™ve thought about her:
-While texting friends about Momā€™s marmite pasta (JMā€™s recipe was the one that alerted me to the fact she doesnā€™t know what sheā€™s on about, biggest food faff of my life)
-Said friends saying marmite in pasta is an abomination, use PULPED ANCHOVIES instead šŸ¤¢šŸ¤¢
- Looking at my dining table wondering if I would have much headroom if I stood on it
When you start ā€˜scamperingā€™, thatā€™s when you have to worry...

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I accidentally just said to my partner, "I can fit into the kids' shoes from asda."

we don't go to asda. ever. we go to morrisons. I am so invested in this bird's (in traazers) life, that "asda" is becoming default for "supermarket." šŸ„“

• Haha
Reactions: 28
ā€˜I loathe this government at the best of timesā€™. Theyā€™re a bleeping shower of tit, love. Theyā€™re so bad they make people remember May (an evil robot) fondly. Yet, as with the Ā£20 food shops, youā€™re playing into their hands. They want us to blame each other for ā€˜not following the rulesā€™ because then youā€™re not paying attention to their shower of incompetence and the blood on their hands.

Guys, I think sheā€™s just an absolute fuckwit. Canā€™t even work out the rules herself.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
Ah I didn't mean her. I meant the mummy blogger types. There's a certain style of influencer that goes in for all that and I feel a bit mean lumping them all together as I think it's all a bit of an act and they're probably totally different behind the scenes.

I actually don't think Jack can be reduced to a stereotype, like...there's no one quite like Jack. Other narcissists, sure, but who else is both narcissistic and a purveyor of not so fine slop?

I'm so sorry her behaviour hurts you, she's such an awful bloody woman. The fact she blames crappy behaviour on things like autism/ADHD when actually it's just...crappy behaviour...and nothing to do with autism/ADHD is a real dick move. It perpetuates false stereotypes and it's not fair. I mentioned in another post though, I honestly don't think she gives two flying fucks about other people. She does what suits her, and screw the rest. Hopefully more people will see through her blame games than we all realise right now šŸ¤ž

Hope you're alright.
Apologies. I have misread your intent in the post.
She's still a gobshite and I'm grand! Thank you!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
My father in law who's 95 was a bit experimental with his cooking after my mil died and he made a crumble with lard, he then tried to give it to our vegetarian daughter, needles to say she refused it as did the rest of us.

Let's put it this way, he never never repeated the experiment
in a cook My mum has from growing up there is a recipe for hot water pastry with lard. It actually worked with sweet and savoury. I know crumble is different but I am curious now!

Reactions: 4
You know when I never think about Jack?

When I'm eating the delicious edible food I've prepared.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I accidentally just said to my partner, "I can fit into the kids' shoes from asda."

we don't go to asda. ever. we go to morrisons. I am so invested in this bird's (in traazers) life, that "asda" is becoming default for "supermarket." šŸ„“
Turning into Jack dear heart, youā€™ll be telling people unwarranted about your height next

• Haha
Reactions: 26
God I feel this so much......I can't wait until she disappears honestly

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.