Jack Monroe #97 Get in the skip

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations to @Silver Linings for the thread title! 76 reactions šŸŽ‰ itā€™s a true honour to write these words, now please can we just set the date?

Recap of thread #96

1. She made some crumpets. They looked edible.
  2. She was ā€˜wide awake with backache, and big grumps. Send dogs and cats please before [she] marauds around picking fights - it never ends well.ā€™
  3. Uh-oh, too late. Paul Hollywoodā€™s time to bask in her light. He doesnā€™t like gherkins, ok Jack? He does like ā€˜well-fitting cosplay hellsuitsā€™ though.
  4. She got bored of that and had a lot work to do, okay? Have a lovely day.
  5. Jack of the Skip lost her meds. Did you know sheā€™s 5 ft 2? Today.
  6. The fox came for tea again. A lady fox, no less.
  7. Sheā€™s sticking to her story about her leccy being cut off during her period of using food banks. This may not be true.
  8. The Telegraph has made her a poster girl for managing on not much money, better than all those feckless parents who donā€™t know how to feed their family on a budget. Yay.
  9. She sprained her thumb on a skiiiiiiiiiip. No, you take yours off first, Lynn.
  10. Still canā€™t find her meds and doc isnā€™t playing ball. Is he not aware of her work?
  11. She made some fusion food (Chillaf rice).
  12. Hey Twitter! Any parents with two children that have a 10 year+ age gap out there? Asking for a friend. ā€˜No scurrilous rumours please and thank youā€™.
  13. She got ā€˜the shiversā€™ from new BBC social media rules that explicitly ban their journalists form criticising fellow BBC journalists on Twitter.
  14. She found her meds.
For new joiners to the thread, here is @Passive_Aggressive_Lemon ā€˜s ā€˜Jack for Dummiesā€™ post (edited to include updated info):

Thought it might be useful for new followers to have a post at the start of each thread with some info.
Limegoss article about Jack versus Jamie Oliver : https://limegoss.com/jack-monroe-jamie-oliver/

Thread #31 is the infamous one in which Jack turns up to talk to us directly. She makes her appearance on p. 17.

For anyone wanting to relive the glory days of her two-week stint on Daily Kitchen Live (DKL), have a grunk a through threads 2-9.

*** JACKISMS ***

Jackā€™s most oft-used reply to questions on recipe substitutions:

Yes, absolutely x

Some other favourite Jack quotes:

ā€˜Babe, sameā€™

ā€˜I did a chaosā€™

ā€˜My maverick brainā€™

ā€˜My sad little faceā€™

ā€˜Iā€™m BUSYā€™

ā€˜I HOOTED / I am FIZZINGā€™

ā€˜I laughed up a lungā€™
šŸ„“
One of Jackā€™s followers once referred to Tattlers as sad hausfraus and Jack herself has likened us to a cabal. Therefore we have become the Cabal of Hausfrausā„¢ļø. She also recently referred to us as ā€˜gossip mavensā€™ (so, we are gossip trusted experts). ** Recent additions to her terms of endearment for Tattle: conspiracy wankers, obsessive groups of completely unhinged bullies, bullying ninnies, and malign, vicious bullies **

To ā€˜GrunkaLunkaā€™ your way through a thread means to catch up on posts. Named after a member who rather epically caught up on many threads in a short period of time (and is also a fearless pioneer of the space-time continuum. She really was here both Now and Then).

Jack once threatened to use her Liam Neeson skills to TRIANGULATE our whereabouts in order to intimidate us, so thatā€™s what we mean by that. * She may also threaten to take us to court - do not be afraid, this is not the first time and it wonā€™t be the last. *

Jack once sideboard modelled a Vivienne Westwood dress, seeming to infer that itā€™s what Viv would have wanted (as if she were dead), and then got snippy when corrected otherwise. There may be some ā€˜RIP Vivā€™ jokes (she is, of course, NOT dead)

We sometimes joke about being on Vladimir Putinā€™s bitcoin payroll list for being evil trolls.

During her stint on Daily Kitchen Live, Jack produced a godawful looking lasagne, with a thin white sauce that never thickened up, just disappeared. It was widely likened to ā€˜horse spunkā€™ - there may be some horse ā€˜spiritā€™ lasagne jokes.

Her last-uttered line to Matt Tebutt on DKL was: ā€˜Thank you so Matt much, Mattā€™, which made us all HOOT.

Jack ended a tweet that listed her (not unimpressive) four-and-a-half GCSE results (A*, A, B, B, C) with: ā€˜Now duck offā€™. We sometimes like to use this in our own posts for comedic effect. We are NOT telling other fraus to duck off, simply paying homage to Jackā€™s own genteel humour.

*Back in the mists of time, one funny frau used a Jimmy Nail ā€˜Sheā€™s Lyingā€™ picture to illustrate their thoughts on one of Jackā€™s latest tales. @Alpha Beta thought it was Novak Djokovic, the cabal hooted and Novak Nail was born. You may see reference to Jimmy Nail, Novak Djokovic, or the combination of both: Novak Nail. All demonstrate that sheā€™s lying.*

Also:
  • She grew up in a 5-bed (mortgaged/owned) house
  • She got a Ā£4.5k Omega watch for her 21st birthday
  • Her dad's a bleeping LANDLORD (an oldy, but a goody)
  • Jack and Louisa are no longer in a relationship - in Jackā€™s words: ā€˜She [Louisa] leftā€™.
  • Her record for staying off Twitter since the start of these threads is 114 hours and 47 minutes.
  • She is 90% vegan. The other 10% likes to nom nom on Five Guys burger and discounted chicken slices.
  • During her appearance on DKL, she was asked why some mince has a higher fat content. ā€˜It just does.ā€™
  • The information held on her by Companies House has her year of birth WRONG. She was born in 1988, not 1978.

Here is a link to Jackā€™s Tattle Wiki page, which also includes clips of Matt Tebutt muttering ā€˜Terrible!ā€™ on Daily Kitchen Live, courtesy of @Yel) and @Bookweevil ā€˜s hilarious Glossary of Jack.

We are terrible for going off on tangents and using too many gifs, so there is another thread where we donā€™t discuss JM but instead talk about biscuits and stuff. For good light relief when JM is doing too much chaos, come to the Food & Drink threads in Off Topic.

• Lastly, but importantly, when submitting ideas for the next thread title, please use the words ā€˜thread titleā€™, as it makes it easier to search. Just using the number wonā€™t be enough. We also canā€™t have swears in the title, and try to hold off until around p. 40 for your suggestions, if possible. ThankYOU.
Iā€™m suffering from recap burnout again, thereā€™s like a new thread every two days šŸ„“ Passing the recaps /thread making over to the next frau or herr. Go forth and prosper. ThankYOU!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 117
That was bloody quick! Gutted my thread title didn't last long, I'll have to try and be funny again I suppose.

Love this one though @Silver Linings and @Pocahontas your recap is fabulous as always and I'm not surprised at your burnout. These threads are just. so. BUSY. Now go and have a piss and a sandwich x

Anyway, I posted this in the last thread just as it was closed so I'm posting it here too:

:rolleyes:

too short: anchioade anchioade anchioade
"according to the guardian" - according to all news sources you cretin, I've just heard it on the radio. She's such an idiot.

Also

1603978474949.png

1603978491740.png

Pie Jesu

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
I linked this at the end of the last thread. Let's take a closer look.

Jack insists that veganism is cheap; later she wrote a blog post saying actually it's too expensive for the povs, check your vegan privilege!

Jack says that vegans can get enough B12; later a doctor prescribed her an oily fish-based diet to deal with her crippling arthritis.

Jack says it's easy to replicate the flavour of bacon; later she abandoned this in favour of cheap wet ham.

Call me a conspiracy wanker, but she does seem more and more like a (non-plant-based) plant sent to discredit the left.

PS Know what I wouldn't say to a vegan? "nom nom, 32% meat sausages for a pound!"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
That was bloody quick! Gutted my thread title didn't last long, I'll have to try and be funny again I suppose.

Love this one though @Silver Linings and @Pocahontas your recap is fabulous as always and I'm not surprised at your burnout.
Seconding everything youā€˜ve said here!
For what itā€™s worth, your username alone makes you constantly funny!

• Heart
Reactions: 25
What's duck OFF JACK in Yiddish?

איצט באַ×Øען אַוועק דזשאַק ×Øענטגענ

מיין פּאÖøהטן איז צו קו×Øׄ. באַ×Øען אַוועק

This is too short still apparently

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55

Love this one though @Silver Linings and @Pocahontas your recap is fabulous as always and I'm not surprised at your burnout. These threads are just. so. BUSY. Now go and have a piss and a sandwich x

Anyway, I posted this in the last thread just as it was closed so I'm posting it here too:

"according to the guardian" - according to all news sources you cretin, I've just heard it on the radio. She's such an idiot.

Also

View attachment 292242
View attachment 292243

Pie Jesu
Sweet baby Jesus šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚. Thatā€™s just toe curling. Probably learnt it on a kibbutz

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Screenshot 2020-10-29 at 13.39.28.png

Oh squiggle, get to Google translate like the rest of us!

What are we hedging our bets on? Polite Jack or Snappy Jack?

• Haha
Reactions: 36

Also

View attachment 292242
View attachment 292243

Pie Jesu

we said she was gonna appropriate judaism, didn't we?! šŸ„“

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 58
Oooh, massive infighting among the Jackobites on Twitter! Think she'll bust out the gefilte salmon paste and sage-and-onion-stuffing matzo balls? New niche alert!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 53
As a frau with a FORENSIC interest in politics I am naturally keen to see Jack's analysis of the Corbyn/Labour situation. I really think her insights will prove valuable however I cannot help but recall that the last time she "led the charge" and "took on allcomers" it left her "an absolutely devastated frustrated furious howling wreck."

I hope a way can be found for Jack to share her FORENSIC insights with us all without her losing the laid back, sunny persona she is so widely celebrated for.

• Haha
Reactions: 62
Iā€™ll try not to get too political and Iā€™m not in the UK anyway but her nasty hatred of Corbyn really shows that she doesnā€™t care about poverty at all, only being ā€œwokeā€. She seemed to have a problem with him for a long time. She is a nasty bleeping lier. If she really cared about anti semitism youā€™d think sheā€™d have a more nuanced opinion than ā€œha haā€. What an absolute bleep.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.