Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pocahontas

VIP Member
Congratulations to @Silver Linings for the thread title! 76 reactions 🎉 it’s a true honour to write these words, now please can we just set the date?

Recap of thread #96

1. She made some crumpets. They looked edible.
  2. She was ‘wide awake with backache, and big grumps. Send dogs and cats please before [she] marauds around picking fights - it never ends well.’
  3. Uh-oh, too late. Paul Hollywood’s time to bask in her light. He doesn’t like gherkins, ok Jack? He does like ‘well-fitting cosplay hellsuits’ though.
  4. She got bored of that and had a lot work to do, okay? Have a lovely day.
  5. Jack of the Skip lost her meds. Did you know she’s 5 ft 2? Today.
  6. The fox came for tea again. A lady fox, no less.
  7. She’s sticking to her story about her leccy being cut off during her period of using food banks. This may not be true.
  8. The Telegraph has made her a poster girl for managing on not much money, better than all those feckless parents who don’t know how to feed their family on a budget. Yay.
  9. She sprained her thumb on a skiiiiiiiiiip. No, you take yours off first, Lynn.
  10. Still can’t find her meds and doc isn’t playing ball. Is he not aware of her work?
  11. She made some fusion food (Chillaf rice).
  12. Hey Twitter! Any parents with two children that have a 10 year+ age gap out there? Asking for a friend. ‘No scurrilous rumours please and thank you’.
  13. She got ‘the shivers’ from new BBC social media rules that explicitly ban their journalists form criticising fellow BBC journalists on Twitter.
  14. She found her meds.
For new joiners to the thread, here is @Passive_Aggressive_Lemon ‘s ‘Jack for Dummies’ post (edited to include updated info):

Thought it might be useful for new followers to have a post at the start of each thread with some info.
Limegoss article about Jack versus Jamie Oliver : https://limegoss.com/jack-monroe-jamie-oliver/

Thread #31 is the infamous one in which Jack turns up to talk to us directly. She makes her appearance on p. 17.

For anyone wanting to relive the glory days of her two-week stint on Daily Kitchen Live (DKL), have a grunk a through threads 2-9.

*** JACKISMS ***

Jack’s most oft-used reply to questions on recipe substitutions:

Yes, absolutely x

Some other favourite Jack quotes:

‘Babe, same’

‘I did a chaos’

‘My maverick brain’

‘My sad little face’

‘I’m BUSY’

‘I HOOTED / I am FIZZING’

‘I laughed up a lung’
🥴
One of Jack’s followers once referred to Tattlers as sad hausfraus and Jack herself has likened us to a cabal. Therefore we have become the Cabal of Hausfraus™️. She also recently referred to us as ‘gossip mavens’ (so, we are gossip trusted experts). ** Recent additions to her terms of endearment for Tattle: conspiracy wankers, obsessive groups of completely unhinged bullies, bullying ninnies, and malign, vicious bullies **

To ‘GrunkaLunka’ your way through a thread means to catch up on posts. Named after a member who rather epically caught up on many threads in a short period of time (and is also a fearless pioneer of the space-time continuum. She really was here both Now and Then).

Jack once threatened to use her Liam Neeson skills to TRIANGULATE our whereabouts in order to intimidate us, so that’s what we mean by that. * She may also threaten to take us to court - do not be afraid, this is not the first time and it won’t be the last. *

Jack once sideboard modelled a Vivienne Westwood dress, seeming to infer that it’s what Viv would have wanted (as if she were dead), and then got snippy when corrected otherwise. There may be some ‘RIP Viv’ jokes (she is, of course, NOT dead)

We sometimes joke about being on Vladimir Putin’s bitcoin payroll list for being evil trolls.

During her stint on Daily Kitchen Live, Jack produced a godawful looking lasagne, with a thin white sauce that never thickened up, just disappeared. It was widely likened to ‘horse spunk’ - there may be some horse ‘spirit’ lasagne jokes.

Her last-uttered line to Matt Tebutt on DKL was: ‘Thank you so Matt much, Matt’, which made us all HOOT.

Jack ended a tweet that listed her (not unimpressive) four-and-a-half GCSE results (A*, A, B, B, C) with: ‘Now fuck off’. We sometimes like to use this in our own posts for comedic effect. We are NOT telling other fraus to fuck off, simply paying homage to Jack’s own genteel humour.

*Back in the mists of time, one funny frau used a Jimmy Nail ‘She’s Lying’ picture to illustrate their thoughts on one of Jack’s latest tales. @Alpha Beta thought it was Novak Djokovic, the cabal hooted and Novak Nail was born. You may see reference to Jimmy Nail, Novak Djokovic, or the combination of both: Novak Nail. All demonstrate that she’s lying.*

Also:
  • She grew up in a 5-bed (mortgaged/owned) house
  • She got a £4.5k Omega watch for her 21st birthday
  • Her dad's a fucking LANDLORD (an oldy, but a goody)
  • Jack and Louisa are no longer in a relationship - in Jack’s words: ‘She [Louisa] left’.
  • Her record for staying off Twitter since the start of these threads is 114 hours and 47 minutes.
  • She is 90% vegan. The other 10% likes to nom nom on Five Guys burger and discounted chicken slices.
  • During her appearance on DKL, she was asked why some mince has a higher fat content. ‘It just does.’
  • The information held on her by Companies House has her year of birth WRONG. She was born in 1988, not 1978.

Here is a link to Jack’s Tattle Wiki page, which also includes clips of Matt Tebutt muttering ‘Terrible!’ on Daily Kitchen Live, courtesy of @Yel) and @Bookweevil ‘s hilarious Glossary of Jack.

We are terrible for going off on tangents and using too many gifs, so there is another thread where we don’t discuss JM but instead talk about biscuits and stuff. For good light relief when JM is doing too much chaos, come to the Food & Drink threads in Off Topic.

• Lastly, but importantly, when submitting ideas for the next thread title, please use the words ‘thread title’, as it makes it easier to search. Just using the number won’t be enough. We also can’t have swears in the title, and try to hold off until around p. 40 for your suggestions, if possible. ThankYOU.
I’m suffering from recap burnout again, there’s like a new thread every two days 🥴 Passing the recaps /thread making over to the next frau or herr. Go forth and prosper. ThankYOU!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 117

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
Yes, comparing yourself to a severely disabled child who needed round the clock care and who died at the age of six ("I am disabled myself") is something of a new low even for Jack.
Her being proud of throwing out someone's bag of weed and gloating over the fact that she had the back up of a "close protection officer" should the DOPEHEADS come back to try to partake in their REEFER MADNESS is just ~Karen~ personified.
And lastly - I'd put good money on those eggs being Burford Browns, you can tell by the orange-ness of the yolk. You can't get them in Asda so I presume her Ocado delivery has been. They're about £2.50 for 6.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 95

SweetTransvestite

VIP Member
I hoped to comment before the last thread closed & really don't want to drag things over but just wanted to say before the impending chaos hits, that you're all bloody lovely & I'm sorry if my OT input ruffled any feathers. We're here to collectively shake our heads at the 8th Wonder Of The World so let's batten down the hatches & settle in for the latest storm.

Group hug?

• Heart
Reactions: 94

colouredlines

VIP Member
Sourced timeline of Jack's poverty experience. Obviously journalists may make mistakes, but Jack herself wrote that she sold pretty much everything of value before the "yard sale".

Oct 2011: Jack moves into a 2-bedroom flat after ending a relationship (4)

Nov 2011: Jack resigns from fire service

Nov 2011: Jack sells Omega Seamaster watch (1)

Dec 2011: Jack turns off heating (1)

SOME TIME BEFORE JULY 2012:

Jack is unable to move to a cheaper flat as she can't afford a deposit (3)

Jack sells iPhone for a quarter of its original price (1)

Jack unplugs everything (1)

Jack takes lightbulbs out (1)

Jack sells DVDs, netbook, camera, and all belongings except two plates, two bowls, two mugs, two glasses, two forks, two knives and two spoons (1)

Jack sells "Ford Kia" (2) (not actually a car that exists. Also, she can't drive because of autism)

Jul 2012: Jack comes out as poor (3)

Jul 2012: Jack sells guitar and TV (1)

Aug 2012: Jack sells TV again (4)

Aug 2012: Jack has her famous "yard sale" and sells everything including toy dinosaur, piano, two more guitars, Denby and Wedgwood crockery, curtains, clothes, her iPhone again, armchairs, coffee table and bathroom storage units (4). She earns 3k, then moves to a cheaper house share (3)

Dec 2012: Jack is living on a tenner a week and will be spending Christmas with her parents (2)

Feb 2013: Jack starts writing for the Southend Echo (5)

May 2013: Jack wins a prize from Fortnum & Mason (5)

Jan 2014: Poverty over? Jack works for Sainsburys, signs book deal, goes to Tanzania, etc (3)

Jan 2014: Jack moves to a new flat (3)

SOURCES:
1 https://web.archive.org/web/20130201235747/http://agirlcalledjack.com/2012/07/30/hunger-hurts/

2 https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/young-mum-turns-off-heating-so-she-can-1502710.amp

3 https://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/15/...-has-become-britains-austerity-celebrity.html

4 https://web.archive.org/web/2013020...oyed-mum-sells-off-belongings-essex-enquirer/

5 https://www.theguardian.com/society/2013/jul/23/jack-monroe-face-modern-poverty

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 90

NP

VIP Member
Vegan? Completed it, mate :rolleyes:

She wrote an article about being vegan the second she decided to go vegan, guilted her kid into buying his own sausages, wrote a cookbook, made her money from it then stopped being vegan. She now feeds her kid eyelid & arsehole sausages, eats cheap wet ham and consumes eggs like they’re going out of fashion. I’m an omnivore so I’m not saying this from a position of veganism. I don’t get why she still holds on to the 90% two-thirds vegan badge. You either are or you aren’t and we can see from her recipes she’s not.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 87

Formal Chicken

“I am disabled too”

fuck right off, just when I think she can’t get anymore shameless...having a list of never ending ailments makes you a hypochondriac not disabled 🤬

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 85

Silver Linings

VIP Member
I’ve just actually read that anchoïade text and, well, what to say. Nigella in her nightie having a bite of choccy cake is not the same as eating eggs with your fingers under the duvet.

‘Celestially obscene’. 🥴

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 84

Oofadoofa

VIP Member
She's such a twat: I wrote some vegan recipes in a book therefore, all vegan virtue-points belong to me, the vegan world should appreciate 'my work' regardless of how much meat I eat. Seems to be what she's saying...

And re eggs: why not just say, put them in a pan with cold water and bring to the boil, when boiling take them off the heat and leave for 6 minutes for soft and 7 for hard. It's fucking easy, because Heston Blumenthal told the world how to do it. But nope, she has to make out as if she's some mad, cooking genius. She's a simpleton..

And the absolute worst is that nonchalant Cameron Tweet. She said sorry everyone! Never mind, everything's fine then. She said sorry publicly (where?) and privately (bullshit). But even assuming it to be true (it's not), just 2 days ago she was laying into Paul Hollywood regardless of a public apology, because she deemed that the apology wasn't enough. Apparently, she decides what level of apology is suitable for any mistake in all of England. Great to know! - She's a fool, inconsistent and lacking intellectual honesty, is a pathological liar and a total loser.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 84

colouredlines

VIP Member
Can I just clarify to any Jewish frauen or herren that any jokes about gefilte salmon paste etc are aimed purely at the dreadful Jack Monroe, and not at you? Anti-semitism is vile, and is often seen as weirdly acceptable in certain parts of the left in a way that other forms of discrimination are not.

I'm sorry that La Monroe has chosen your cause to latch onto this week, and I live in fear that one day she will skim-read an article about Catalan independence and hitch her wagon to our horse. Please take solace in the fact that she will move on within 3 hours maximum. Your people have suffered enough!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 82

kachoochoo

VIP Member
behold the Big List of Jack's Coming Soons!

£15 a week lunches
£20 shops as a whole
advent calendar
aged chicken thigh bone stock
BLM video monetization donation
Camp Kitchen from the shed
chicken livers
comic filter security
David Walliams book reviews
depressipes
devilled eggs recipe
gaily mail