Jack Monroe #96 Not that nice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think that a communal skip would be put in such an affluent road. She must have hired it, especially as she's quoting it's (full size) measurements. Starting at around 300 pounds for that.

• Wow
Reactions: 30
Well, I am on it, but my neighbours just walked past and peered in as I was flat on my stomach with my ass in the air like an onlyfans special, tongue out in concentration, humming to myself. I have lost a bit of confidence now, but be rest assured, when I was up there I definitely felt something simmering.

I feel so dumb - is this the missing link? I majored in wood-based Cotswoldography, and never attended any of the soft furnishing lectures. Is her deep blue beauty of a sofa, a Cotswold Co. original? Of course it is!! Does anyone have any stills from the FB broadcast that ended in a maelstrom of emotion, if not a completed dish? I could take a guess, but feel it is important that the weight and price of each piece of the jigsaw should be as accurate as possible.

View attachment 291109View attachment 291110View attachment 291112
Does anyone remember that episode of friends where Ross pretends he bought his pottery barn stuff at the flea market even his sheets... Great episode... I wonder why it's pop into my head.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Poor SB.

Two days of half term holiday batch cooking slop, and one day helping Mama search for her SSRIs.

If it was in any way true, it'd be frightening.

• Sad
Reactions: 34
View attachment 291090
It’s so ‘media training’ when she uses first names.
🔺🔺🔺I work for an energy company. Not gonna say which. 🔺🔺🔺

Yeah there's no way this happened if she was on a monthly billed meter. It's near impossible for a provider to isolate a house and cut it off. I've seen people thousands of pounds in debt with their energy company and still get supply. The only way to cut off a house's individual supply is go through the courts and that takes minimum six months and you'd better have bloody good reason. Debt isn't enough.

The only way she would be without gas or elec is if it was a prepay meter (top up with a key or a card) - and in that instance it would be really, *really* misleading to use a term like "cut-off". Because she'd just have run out of money on the meter and you'd just need to go to the corner shop with a one pound coin to get back on supply. And even then, energy companies have a duty to protect vulnerable members. Discretionary credit, emergency credit, a slow repayment rate of debt etc.

This really, really fucks me off. Energy companies won't just turn off a supply if a landlord asks, they can't even discuss a tenant's account with a landlord. Why on earth would a provider turn off a paying customer's supply just because a landlord asked anyway? It doesn't make sense. In fact, lol, most energy providers hate landlords and letting agencies because they make things so much more difficult to deal with.

Once again Jack has become so wrapped up in her Victorian workhouse past and said something that's so categorically, definitively bullshit that she's called out on it by an actual follower.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 89
Does anyone have any stills from the FB broadcast that ended in a maelstrom of emotion, if not a completed dish? I could take a guess, but feel it is important that the weight and price of each piece of the jigsaw should be as accurate as possible.
I had a quick skip through the video but there doesn't seem to be a decent shot of it.

Screenshot_20201028-143910_Opera_1.jpg

Screenshot_20201028-143953_Opera_1.jpg

Screenshot_20201028-144210_Opera_1.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
One of my pals dressed up as Osama for a Halloween party in *2001*, he only narrowly averted getting in an actual fistfight with a squaddie.
Next Halloween I’m going to dress as Jackie Monroe. How’s that for bad taste!

Now duck off.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Every story she tells is the same: the skip, and the neighbours seeing/messaging about it. In the garden in a weird pose, the neighbours see. The Post Office, and all the staff know her and phone her. All the taxi drivers who are obsessed with her name. It's all made-up bollocks.

Is the a trait of BPD or narcissism? That she has to create stories that involve everyone looking at her? She must be super paranoid in reality, frightened that nobody notices her in real life.
My guess is its because she's lonely and needs to validate her very existence

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
As much as I'm loath to defend her on anything, communal skips are actually a thing - my local councillor arranges one for our street from time to time. Having said that, I'm in a mixed-income area which has both privately-owned and council housing, not affluent Thorpe Bay...

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.