Jack Monroe #95 The only poverty she works to eradicate is her own

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Didn't she also claim to have had a miscarriage previous to SB? This would suggest it wasn't a one-off.
I’m sure she said she had a previous termination. Might have been on Mumsnet (where she had a habit of gatecrashing threads which mentioned her 🙄).

• Wow
Reactions: 19
I’m sure she said she had a previous termination. Might have been on Mumsnet (where she had a habit of gatecrashing threads which mentioned her 🙄).
I think Jack's had every single experience it is possible to have. She's actually completed humanity.

Twice.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 90
I totally agree and I hope things are ok with you now. x

Personally I do have some “you shouldn’t have kids if you can’t afford them” feelings towards people in Jack’s situation but not people like yourself. I think because my timeline and Jack’s are the same in many ways. I remember desperately wanting a baby in my early 20s, but I held off wanting to make sure I could give them the best life possible.

Now I’m 32 (which isn’t too old to have a kid, though you wouldn’t think that from the way Jack bangs on about probably not ever having another). I’ve had to make some painful choices at times always thinking about that theoretical future kid’s welfare. I grew up with very young and very poor parents so I didn’t want that for my kids. There are times where I worry maybe the best years to have one passed me by already. So yeah, speaking as someone in my position there is an element of that feeling of annoyance at someone like Jack for this. Like ok so we were sensible and made sacrifices but you could just do what you want and then act the victim never thinking about the kid.

This feeling of annoyance does not all apply to every person who is poor and has kids, just people like Jack who are irresponsible and nasty.
I'm 30 and single - think I'll go shoot myself after reading that :oops:

• Haha
Reactions: 16
She really thinks of herself as some kind of superhero, it’s insufferable. Imagine just hanging out with her, for like an afternoon, it would either be so torturous so as to induce self-harm, or so full of unintended comic value that you’d almost be goading her on, hoping to catch the next batshit crazy, megalomanic soundbite and hoping desperately not to forget so that you can have a good laugh about it later with your mates..
I have known people like her. It would be endless pontificating and self-aggrandisement about how marvellous she is and how important and how many famous “friends” she has. You wouldn’t be able to get a word in. 😕

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I love the fact that she doesn't pick up on the shade in this tweet she is replying to 🤭

IMG_20201026_232128.png

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Apologies if this has already been posted but just the difference between this :

From Marcus Rashford and Jack's twitter .......

Reactions: 26
Her ego must be absolutely gigantic tonight.
E8DCA5D1-F9BA-424F-8169-029165D58B1A.jpeg
798B2C7D-E507-48D4-8B7A-CA2AC657F43D.jpeg
C299B102-11A5-4B5F-9ADC-1A8F14913256.jpeg

And these are all the same squiggle, and she thinks we’re creepy.
EEE3F9AF-EBA3-4C87-8D26-E4D4E27FE872.jpeg
19F6F940-B53E-47EE-80FC-17659EB69A52.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
Just because your family weren't as rich as your grammer school peers doesn't mean you're low income. She's probably just salty because the money her Dad spent renovating the house should have been for her! She deserved nice holidays to Greece, not crappy Ireland... and Tesco finest honey roast ham, not the cheap wet stuff!
I was just thinking this, that this is the reason why she assumes this poverty character is that she felt inferior to her richer friends from school perhaps?
My mum came from actual poverty, my dad came from a stable income leaning towards middle class upbringing. We had a nice 3 bed house and financial security albeit with very frugal parents who liked to buy everything second hand (I don't take issue with that as I do it now!) and always had an old car that we were embarrassed of 😅I do remember feeling distinctly lowly and poor when I went to friends houses in secondary school who lived in actual mansions. It took a while for me to realise that I wasn't dirt poor they were just incredibly wealthy, but definitely haven't let it give me hang ups into my 30's like Jack obviously has!!

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I'm 30 and single - think I'll go shoot myself after reading that :oops:
Eep sorry. Definitely didn’t mean to have that effect, (and you’re younger than me!) but just wanted to explain the thought process of someone that isn’t in the “every poor person with a kid is an irresponsible idiot” camp, but does feel a mild annoyance at someone like Jack, who also uses having a kid in a not great situation to gain sympathy and to con.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.