Jack Monroe #95 The only poverty she works to eradicate is her own

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't lack empathy with Jack but I do think she needs perspective.
You have to move on, particularly when you have other children, you need to find strength to give those remaining a worth.
@Mari24, you're very brave. I salute you. I acknowledge how hard your loss is,and send love

• Heart
Reactions: 42
She deleted this within minutes

View attachment 289290

She just can't bring herself to be nice, can she?! :ROFLMAO:
I’ll never understand this level of self obsession. How the bleeping duck are FSM so triggering to her? Everything triggers her, but none of the overtly traumatic bullshit she spouts upsets anyone else, right? Jeez. My Nan had a bloody horrific childhood, which began just after WWI, and ended only at the start of WWII. She never went on about it, never moaned, never begged for sympathy. She just made sure to embrace her subsequent good fortune, worked extremely hard, and made damn sure everyone else enjoyed it too. This is why it’s so unbelievable that Jack was as poor as she makes out, because she says she find it triggering (see howling, clawing etc) and yet seems to want to go back to it. If it was that bad, and you had 3 therapists on speed dial, you’d be wanting to move forward. Not wallowing in misery as a ‘career’. I don’t know anyone who has had actual therapy that is this lacking in understanding. I don’t believe she has therapy, and I don’t believe she is in AA. I think she says therapy, because it fits in with how traumatised she is from her stint on benefits. I think if she went, same with AA, they would strongly encouraging her towards truth, responsibility, and curbing damaging behaviours on social media.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
View attachment 289288

She's shared THOUSANDS of recipes and ideas for FREE and now she's PROTECTING people like the dragon-slaying martyr she is! Get this woman an MBE!
She's a bit late now! Locking the stable, something about a door, and horse, bolting, something. Get in the bin.

I'm very disappointed in the Guardian printing another opinion piece by her. I'm equally amused the Guardian continues to use the profile photo in which she looks like a troll.

Most of the references (the first three) she uses in today's Guardian article show her involvement in food things 2013 to 2015. I'm not sure about the fourth, looks like 2019 at the latest.

Says she doesn't tell her story for sympathy, "but because it is a similar story to one I have heard thousands of times over the years. The lasting trauma, the inability to open the mail..."

Well, tell someone else's stories you wombat. I understand Hansard and some unverified case studies will help!

You are not helping anyone, you are white noise at best. At worst, you're a distraction from real change makers

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
😂 how is she not mortified with this carry on? It reminds me of that one mate who can’t behave in social situations and goes am dram at the drop of the hat. What did she do at the ivy’s private bar? Wasn’t it show tunes on the piano or something 😂🤮 cringing for her
😂Am dram is spot on. Didn’t she claim to have taken over the piano & sung Common people? The shame of it.
With one hand too presumably 😬

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
Frauen, I have a confession. I put slices of banana on my curry and I love it (as a topping not cooked into the curry). I think it’s a throwback from the 80s but we always did it growing up. I also love a Durban curry which has apricots in it.

Completely understand if I have to leave this thread and you follow me out chanting ‘shame’
Ha, I’d forgotten about this! My mum always used to serve a bowl of sliced banana with curries when I was a kid. It would sit there untouched, every time

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Did anyone get a screenshot of the Venn diagram she tweeted? Shockingly when I went to look it had been deleted! It said something along the lines of “here is a Venn diagram of all the people who have been horrible to me over the years” her sleep routine must be going well, she tweeted it at about 5am ish

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
Did anyone get a screenshot of the Venn diagram she tweeted? Shockingly when I went to look it had been deleted! It said something along the lines of “here is a Venn diagram of all the people who have been horrible to me over the years” her sleep routine must be going well, she tweeted it at about 5am ish
Yep!

Untitled 5.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
What?
Thought she bought a sofa? I know she initially demanded Hopkins give money to a charity so she would have looked very bad if she hadn’t given any away but does anyone know the details? Also she was a bestselling writer by this point so she wasn’t poor?

Attachments

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 30
Every time anyone posts about peaches in a curry, I gag, lol. How Jack ever thought that would work as a flavour fusion, I don’t know...
She probably did her usual trick of thinking all ingredients are interchangeable, thus if you can have mango chutney with curry, you can bung peaches in curry

• Haha
Reactions: 24
People who have 2 jobs work 50+ hour weeks yet still cant afford to feed their kids after rent council tax. People who have been harassed all day by screaming kids. People who have had to get the bus home from their crappy jobs for an hour plus cos it was the only job they were offered.

Will not go home and make peach and chick pea curry!!!! Sorry I had to say it.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
I think mackie should have these guys 🤮🤢 on her payroll, they work harder for her than she or her admin do.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
What?
Thought she bought a sofa? I know she initially demanded Hopkins give money to a charity so she would have looked very bad if she hadn’t given any away but does anyone know the details? Also she was a bestselling writer by this point so she wasn’t poor?
So pre my realisation (which was when she decided to transition to a bloke) I was still following her/them (although that guardian article yesterday said she still used she/her pronouns even when trans) and she was talking about donating it to charity a loooot. I then unfollowed cos she was tweeting about every burp and fart whilst on T and it was too much, when I remembered she existed she was back to being a woman again and no mention of the charity cash anywhere online? Fraus on these threads said they remember her documenting her furniture buying frenzy, apparently she was being a head to next customer services too?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
I think mackie should have these guys 🤮🤢 on her payroll, they work harder for her than she or her admin do.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.