Jack Monroe #95 The only poverty she works to eradicate is her own

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've been on an incy grunka today and I'm very proud of myself for catching up on nearly the entirety of this thread before comments were closed

Back to Jackie, I feel since her tattle threads began she's gone from minorly irritating but able to provide the canal with lighthearted entertainment (DLK, chicken porridge anyone? Fancy stock etc) to actually being harmful on more than a gastronomic scale

• Heart
Reactions: 45

Guys ... I found my old Teenage Angst Book of Hurts, Hopes and Dreams. Be kind, and tread softly please. ➡

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
I don't lack empathy with Jack but I do think she needs perspective. I lost a child at 10 years old, he spent months in hospital, he was diagnosed with a potentially life threatening illness 18 months earlier, they did everything to save him. I spent 18 months with a gut wrenching pain. I don't normally go on about it because I am not alone, many have suffered, more my son than me. I miss him every day, but have to recognise my surviving son as his life is more important than his (beloved) brother's death, he has his own grief to deal with, he idolized his elder brother. All experiences have an influence, challenge you, devistate you. You have to move on, particularly when you have other children, you need to find strength to give those remaining a worth.
Oh Mari24, I’m so sorry. I’m catching up so I’m sorry to acknowledge this so late but I wanted to send you and your family lots of love. I’m glad you feel you can be open here and I hope you know you can talk about it any time. Regardless of what JM says, this is a cabal/canal of loveliness ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Guys ... I found my old Teenage Angst Book of Hurts, Hopes and Dreams. Be kind, and tread softly please. ➡
FOR YOU TREAD ON MY FACE

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.