Jack Monroe #94 It’s okay Jack, others have taken up the baton

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did the Frau who wrote and asked why Jack hadn't been mention alongside Marcus, given that she had tweeted that she was working with him but couldn't mention it yet, ever get a reply?
I'm really sorry I can't remember who it was.
I messaged the Henry Dimbleby food action thingy on their contact page....no response yet, I am afraid.

Reactions: 15
I appreciate he genuinely is BUSY and probably has help managing his Twitter page...but do you think MR scrolls through and wonders “who is this Jack Monroe and why do people keep tagging me in their SHITE??”
If he’s Googled her do you think he’s seen the Cabal? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I remember how nervous Nadiya seemed at the beginning of GBBO and yet she has blossomed into a TV natural. Unlike others I could mention...
And, if anyone else caught her documentary a little while back on her anxiety, Nadiya was suffering behind the scenes without letting it show (also thinking of that Jack shitshow when she failed to finish cooking and cried all over her agent or whoever). The fact that the family moved from near her in-laws in Yorkshire to Milton Keynes near London and her family to help her TV career made even more sense when you realised that she was terrified of travelling on a train. Yet none of that was public until the documentary.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
behind the scenes. Even if that was true (it's not) why would some who's only asset is her name be working behind the scenes. Her only use is the attention she can attract to a cause,.
That’s exactly it: she has absolutely nothing of value to offer except for promoting the cause (which she is evidently tit at). That’s why celebrities/influencers would be involved. The people doing the hard graft are educated ‘nobodies’ and while Jack may like to imply she is collecting information or analysing data or whatever - she’s clearly not. She does not have the education, experience or drive to do such a job and it’s crappy of her to attempt to take credit, however vague her claims may be

There is a need for lived experiences to be taken into account; of course those affected should be asked to provide input. However, Jack’s personal experience was almost a decade ago. It was under a different government; a different welfare system; NOT during a pandemic; NOT with Brexit looming. An incredibly different era which is now irrelevant. Her experience is not much use at all in the current context and it’d be better to ask, I don’t know, any of the countless people who’ve suffered poverty in the years since/NOW. I really don’t understand how she can’t see this

She’s obviously not doing anything to eradicate poverty. MR has stolen her thunder (in her view) but she had done duck all to deserve that thunder in the first place

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Do people actually really like facetuned, heavily edited pics like this? I always think they look a bit creepy, almost uncanny valley.
I went through a phase of filtering my photos because I fell into the trap of wishing I looked like pretty much every influencer/model type out there with the exaggerated pout, big eyes, big white teeth and flawless skin. All it did was make me feel even worse about what I really looked like and I realised that most of those people don't look like that either and I stopped. It's the one thing I do feel bad about for Jack, because she's attractive enough as she is, but clearly doesn't feel that she is, and that's sad for anyone.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 42
And, if anyone else caught her documentary a little while back on her anxiety, Nadiya was suffering behind the scenes without letting it show (also thinking of that Jack shitshow when she failed to finish cooking and cried all over her agent or whoever). The fact that the family moved from near her in-laws in Yorkshire to Milton Keynes near London and her family to help her TV career made even more sense when you realised that she was terrified of travelling on a train. Yet none of that was public until the documentary.
I just love her. She is so so likeable! Her documentary made me love her even more

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I literally will never get over the people who think she’s “doing so much already” while in reality she just dicks about all day. The evidence is right in front of you, you bloody stupid squiggles!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
It says a lot about this thread that I got back from a day out, saw 13 pages to catch up on, and thought, "Ah, quiet day for R Jackie."

PS Those facetune disasters will haunt my dreams.
Babes same

Thanks for the good wishes. We have all had a lovely day, and a socially distanced reception afterwards. Very full of lovely food and drink now and tired, so I may have to go and have a good sleep!

• Heart
Reactions: 57
That's exactly it, her experience is irrelevant now.

I was a poor kid in the 80s & 90s, a briefly solvent adult and now I've been varying shades of poor as a single, working mama for 10 years (triangulate me witch)

ALL of these experiences are hugely different, the help available is different, the thresholds for which level of help you might be allowed vary. The fact Aldi has come to my ridiculously chocolate-box pretty shire has made the biggest difference lately, I can afford fruit and veg again.

She is irrelevant, out of touch and wedded to the idea that poor people don't deserve fresh, healthy food.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Someone - sorry I don't remember who - said something very insightful on a recent thread about the false feeling of fame afforded by social media. There is a DEGRE
20201024_204850.jpg
E of meritocracy or at least EFFORTOCRACY in things like writing books and tv presenting- obviously some people get in more easily and get handheld more, but if you're really crap and/or horrible to work with you'll fade. In an earlier era Jack would have faded; maybe drummed up a tabloid story now and again, but lost any sense of prominence. Social media means she still thinks herself a celebrity even though there's no real demand for what she does. So she feels constantly bitter about not being seen as famous, because the existence of followers tells her she's still significant. It's like if Norma Desmond had a Twitter account.

Ooh the picture went in the middle of everything. WELL THAT'S WHERE SHE BELONGS

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.