Jack Monroe #94 It’s okay Jack, others have taken up the baton

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In fairness Gizzi was on the ‘posting an overly filtered pic of yourself’ game in her stories today. Probably found it to be a confidence booster and told Jack to do the same going by that response.

It’s really sad and very harmful for young women specifically. And I’m really quite disgusted at both of them, especially considering they both have a tendency to be overly critical about similar issues in the past. Both of them are very much one rule for them and another for everyone else.

I’m not a fan but I know others are so sorry if offense is caused, but I find Gizzi can be a bit of a dick too at times. Not Jack levels obvs.
I’m not sure ANYBODY is jack level

• Haha
Reactions: 19
What does this mean "it's literally my job / their job"

By this logic it's literally my (and anyone else who does it) job to be a parent, shop, cook and prepare meals ... newsflash, that is indeed work, but it's not a job in the sense they are referring to! Everyone else in the world has to do all that and more on top of having a literal job.
she doesn't own poverty cooking/writing/pleading. An amazing movement has happened with the help of this brilliant young man who has showed more compassion and empathy than she ever has. it's disgusting that she is angry that other people are have came together altruistically to help other people and 'try and do her job'.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
she doesn't own poverty cooking/writing/pleading. An amazing movement has happened with the help of this brilliant young man who has showed more compassion and empathy than she ever has. it's disgusting that she is angry that other people are have came together altruistically to help other people and 'try and do her job'.
Exactly. She is doing an utterly piss poor "job".

Move over Jack, you had your chance (multiple chances) and you have pissed it all away.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
It says a lot about this thread that I got back from a day out, saw 13 pages to catch up on, and thought, "Ah, quiet day for R Jackie."

PS Those facetune disasters will haunt my dreams.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Come on, Jack, answer this question.
"What is your job?"
What do you DO for a living?
Take away the tip jar, the Patreon bollocks, (Where are the Beige and Bland Cards btw) the crappy recipe busking.
How do you earn a living?

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Blame Thatcher and the Right to Buy, essentially large scale privatisation of housing with millions of shareholders. Offer bribes to tenants, who can blame them for falling for it?

Except their kids grow and join the council housing list, whoops! no houses! Not to worry, let's call in the private sector, they can fill the gap! Oh, no one wants to be a landlord. Not to worry let's take away secure tendencies and rent controls. Let the market decide.

Which brings us up to the late 1980s. Next chapter the stigmatisation of social
housing and it's tenants, with a brief trip into how many billions we have paid out in housing benefits to private landlords, and a side serving of ,'all the council housing is going to immigrants' woth documentary evidence to contradict this.
I wonder if Jack's families property business owns any ex council housing ? Would be interesting if it was the case the discrepancy between council average rent and private rental property

• Wow
Reactions: 20
I just wondering how long before someone suggests the answer to food poverty as... gruel! I wish I was totally joking but I can see it happening. On the other hand it is probably more palatable than the stuffing soup, can't see Oliver Twist asking for more of that...

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I just wondering how long before someone suggests the answer to food poverty as... gruel! I wish I was totally joking but I can see it happening. On the other hand it is probably more palatable than the stuffing soup, can't see Oliver Twist asking for more of that...
that soups sounds bleeping disgusting and a total waste of ingredients, like a lot of her strange recipes. I think she generates a lot of food waste with her odd over/under seasoned recipes.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I also went back to check what Jack’s contribution was to the 2014 Food Poverty Report. It appears she gave oral evidence to the Committee (written evidence would have been too much effort, knowing Jack). Close to 300 companies, organisations, charities and individuals gave evidence - whether by written papers or meetings -and the acknowledgments in the final report stretch to over 10 pages. So I think that puts her “contribution” into context, although I expect she would like her followers to think she actually sat in the Committee and gave them all their ideas.
Nice one.

Had a quick search for JM's searing insights (all two of them) in case anyone wants to read them:

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
She's actually photoshopped Ann Hathaway's head onto her shoulders FFS.

Jack dear heart seriously, STOP this fucknuggetry.
Do people actually really like facetuned, heavily edited pics like this? I always think they look a bit creepy, almost uncanny valley.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Can I also add this.

I work in a school (triangulate me!) in what is considered an affluent area, dig a bit deeper and its not, loads of zero hour minimum wage contracts etc. As a school we have been giving out gift cards/vouchers for places like tesco, Iceland etc.

If you get one from your local school, or are asked if you would like one, please use it, or say yes. It has been budgeted for.

Look on it another way, its in our interests for pupils to achieve well, and they do much better if they aren't hungry. So you are helping us by having them.

And I love Marcus! Unlike Jack, he has lived the life and totally gets it.

Now duck off, my daughter and her partner are finally getting married today at the third attempt so I won't have time to do much in here for a few hours
Hope you all have/had a lovely day

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.