Jack Monroe #94 It’s okay Jack, others have taken up the baton

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Pretty sure 99% of that is bank statements and junk Mail the back of the envelopes are a massive give away
Some of it may be the much anticipated (😂) beige food postcards that - guess what - she hasn’t got around to posting yet.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
She has a implied that it is ok to live on £20 a week.
It's disgusting that she presented £20 a week as a choice too. She's fine, it's ok, just making a fun little budget here to cook enough meals to fill the freezers. But now people can duck off if they think £20 a week is ok?

• Sad
Reactions: 38
This tweet epitomises 95% of her followers.
The answer is - just donate money direct to your local foodbank and they can buy what they need. They will all have a process for doing this. Cut out the middle class performative angst FFS.
(p.s. and obviously Jack is the last place to go with this question - cos if her latest posts are anything to go by, she would try to persuade you to contribute to her tip jar instead, because no one has ever had it worse than Jack and she needs your cash more than anyone else, behold!!! she is weeping and wailing before a pile of envelopes in the storm porch of her extravagant 1930’s chalet bungalow, she is so much more deserving than those povvo kids 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄).

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
Bendan O'Neill is a wanker but this article is pretty spot on. Also I didn't realise that Jack's Sainsbury's gig was right after Jamie's - maybe it was her up in his niche all along!
Have to agree, have no knowledge of B O'N but he has JM summed up!

Reactions: 13
I’m so disgusted by Jack now. It’s all been said but I’m sure we all know people who’ve had it way, way worse than little miss bullshitter who had a well paying job and had a brief stint in poverty that she now monetises, exaggerates & uses to get kind hearted people to give her money so that she can avoid having to get a job.
People move on, people accept tit happens-Jack’s whole persona is just such a massively entitled spoilt brat and that’s why she goes on & on & on & on. Loads of people have had & still do have it way worse than her, yet make an effort to move on, have a laugh, help others.
Lazy duck. How she can sleep at night knowing the money she’s taking off others could be going to the genuinely poor when she’s perfectly capable of working for a living I will never know.
Repulsive, self pitying, egotistical, brat charlatan.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
I was just coming here to say she’s back on and I think she’s replying to everyone 🙄

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
I am too tired/annoyed/upset to do a proper squiggle screenshot, but she seems to have confirmed there will be no £20 shop tomorrow.

She is also still up replying to squiggles tweeting virtual hugs at her.

I however, am still up commenting on her replying to squiggles tweeting virtual hugs at her.

Not sure what that says about me.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
I am too tired/annoyed/upset to do a proper squiggle screenshot, but she seems to have confirmed there will be no £20 shop tomorrow.

She is also still up replying to squiggles tweeting virtual hugs at her.

I however, am still up commenting on her replying to squiggles tweeting virtual hugs at her.

Not sure what that says about me.
Babe same! I started screen shotting them all and then decided what’s the Fuxking point - the despicable twit had been strategising on how she can slime her way out of the tit storm she created! Thank my fans for their support 💡

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Haha, what a loser, she'd already grown bored of them and stopped posting about them before this all kicked off.

Almost feel sorry for her poor patreon pay pigs. They daren't say a word in the face of this onslaught!

Won't somebody think of the effect all these starving children is having on Jack???

• Heart
Reactions: 42
It’s terrible though, isn’t it? A complete failure of the state to provide affordable housing for the people it serves. Makes one wonder what the point is, what’s the meaning of life, when things are as borderline as you describe, the abortion even if you want it angle is heartbreaking. Agree with the stoic attitude of appreciating the good fortune of having more then most, but that speaks higher of your own good attitude than it does life in Britain, of which this is a damning assessment.
A small starter home isn't out of reach for a best-selling author and TV cook like Jack, but it's a massive slog for anyone normal to achieve and I'm wary of many of these schemes where you are buying like 10% of a house. I've seen things where people are told they can buy things like the remainder of the house within X years for a manageable price only to find out it's been sold to another company and now it's triple the price - or people with ground rents and services charges that are just multiplying and multiplying. I worry that some of these schemes are a bit like the sub-prime mortgage disaster of 08 where people were buying houses they ultimately couldn't afford. What actually needs to happen is for house prices to come in line again with wages.

I do get some of Jack's resentment in the fact that many boomers have been able to amass wealth and property off the back of free university education, economic mobility and sensible house prices etc, while the same things have been made nearly impossible for subsequent generations. My dad was working class from a council estate but went to uni and into white-collar jobs. Has a house, multiple cars, several holidays abroad, early retirement deal and a pension that's more than I earn working. I know I will not attain the wealth that my parents had, nor will most of my peers.

I do sometimes get annoyed when I see poor life choices (I mentioned a family in a news piece in an earlier thread who had something like 6 children and the newest baby was having massive health problems because their housing was damp and mouldy and part of me was angry at the slum landlord and part of me was angry at the parents for bringing in kid no. 6 when this was their situation). But ultimately something's wrong when having a family is only affordable for a small percentage of society.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
She’s claiming she feels like she’s undergoing an autopsy (post mortem, I think you mean Jack) whilst still alive and she makes herself feel as big as possible when answering the door.

Doesn’t really align with the playful, little, pixie minx picture we saw earlier does it?

• Wow
Reactions: 46
She’s claiming she feels like she’s undergoing an autopsy (post mortem, I think you mean Jack) whilst still alive and she makes herself feel as big as possible when answering the door.

Doesn’t really align with the playful, little, pixie minx picture we saw earlier does it?
Absolutely appalling thing for Jack to say, especially given certain news headlines that were discussed in these threads recently.

I honestly didn't think she could sink lower than taking £20 of someone's winter fuel allowance, and yet here we are.

I can't bring myself to read her tweets, but am I right in gathering from posts here that she's having a complete and utter meltdown, PTSD, having an autopsy performed on her while she is alive, etc, etc and so on and so forth BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE DISCUSSING CHILD POVERTY AND MOBILISING TO TACKLE IT?

Sorry for shouting, I just can't get my head around this bleep or her followers at all tonight.

duck up love. Seriously.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Alexa play Just by Radiohead: you do it to yourself, you do and that’s what really hurts
6548A265-C2DD-41FF-87FD-89B2C42A88CF.jpeg

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 62
I googled 'jack Monroe cousin reddit' and this post from @PoorPatrol came up.
Screenshot_20201025-013739.png

Tried to Google 'jack Monroe david Cameron reddit' and there are a few posts but I can't see all of the comments without an account.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.