Jack Monroe #94 It’s okay Jack, others have taken up the baton

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If she really has all the ailments she claims, she should apply for Personal Independence Payment. It’s PIP for short. Her mobility seems OK though if she can walk to the grocery store.

Reactions: 30
She's only managed 6 new patrons so far.

ETA: just read the above comment. It was at 356 last time I looked but that was a couple of days ago. Glad it's only three tonight!

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
Let's not forget the timeline:

Jack leaves fire service: 2011 (not sure of the month; year confirmed by court records. SB was born end of March 2010, she left sometime after returning from maternity leave. Is UK maternity leave 1 year?)
Jack writes for the Guardian for the first time: July 2013

By her own account (told in countless articles), she spent 18 months on benefits. That looks like two winters, based on the timeline.

During that time she developed severe, apparently untreatable PTSD and several physical ailments from living in a freezing house.

I've never been to Essex, but the climate there must be bleeping awful.
It really is 🥶. Here’s the real reason Jack fell under the train...

4229113A-B043-4C92-9D43-07C65DF6EAF7.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 35
She's only managed 6 new patrons so far.

ETA: just read the above comment. It was at 356 last time I looked but that was a couple of days ago. Glad it's only three tonight!
I have been checking in ... just from time to time of course. Last count (earlier today) she was 359.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
I find it really upsetting that she is making this all about her and backtracking on what she said the other day to KGM.
She has a implied that it is ok to live on £20 a week. And the fact people think she is struggling and are giving money to her rather than actual starving children is disgusting.
If she has any conscience she should do the right thing. I would really respect if she did a blog about the reality.
But it isn’t going to happen unfortunately as then people won’t donate to the tip jar.

marcus rashford is dealing with things so gracefully- and he gets constant abuse,actual abuse,

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 45
My dad was quite poor growing up he never speaks about it much but I remember growing up when he was home (he was a tramper so was away most of the week) he’d let my sister & my brother have friends over and he’d always make sure whatever we had for tea there was extra to take home for them if they wanted, my brothers friend used to leave with cottage pies and all sorts. We didn’t think anything of it at the time, It was only a few years ago he told us that he knew my brothers friend’s family were struggling and he let my sister & I friends over so it wouldn’t be obvious what he was doing.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
You guys have said everything so much more eloquently than me.

She‘s a grade A bleep, total bullshit and manipulation from her to insert herself back into the discussion. Everything was great with posts about people coming together and it had this warm, everyone battling the same side to it. Then JM feels a bit left out and starts some ranty tweets about how SHE feels, not the children SHE is taking money from by grifting online. Complaining about people thinking about costing recipes the way she does it herself, is she really that deluded she can’t see she does the exact same thing??

I really hope someone does an exposè on her soon as it’s winding me up more and more, and reading the fawning comments over her is making me sick.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
Can anyone 🔺 which platform this is on?
The screen shot of the messages is on twitter. The poster has tweeted it at our planet friend and some other Jack naysayers. One of which seems to properly have the measure of Jack!

• Wow
Reactions: 20
The screen shot of the messages is on twitter. The poster has tweeted it at our planet friend and some other Jack naysayers. One of which seems to properly have the measure of Jack!
Ah no, I meant the platform where the messages are being exchanged.

Reactions: 11
One million billion pounds and a ton of Cotswold sideboards that the account posting the fake cousin convo is actually one of Jack’s many sock puppet accounts.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Bendan O'Neill is a wanker but this article is pretty spot on. Also I didn't realise that Jack's Sainsbury's gig was right after Jamie's - maybe it was her up in his niche all along!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.